• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

probably a stupid question. I am filling out the forms and obviously I need to send a completed form to the CLEO in my town. Would it be bad if I did not include my SSN on the form to the CLEO?

probably a stupid question. I am filling out the forms and obviously I need to send a completed form to the CLEO in my town. Would it be bad if I did not include my SSN on the form to the CLEO?

No, but realize that if you have a MA DL, it comes up when they do a drivers history as part of your LTC background check. The fewer pieces of paper floating around with SSNs on it, the less your risk of ID theft, period.

No, but realize that if you have a MA DL, it comes up when they do a drivers history as part of your LTC background check. The fewer pieces of paper floating around with SSNs on it, the less your risk of ID theft, period.

Thank you.

ok Application is all filled out. The wife will put it in the mail tomorrow.

Last edited:
Mailed application: Jan 4, 2017
Application received: Jan 8, 2017
Credit card charge: Jan 10,2017
License Received: March 3, 2017

2 month time frame for me.

Maybe someone could help me clarify a particular C&R acquisitions scenario.

Both individuals are MA residents here. If a non-FFL is selling c&r eligible guns to a 03FFL holder, are these transactions considered "private sales"? What Im getting at is, would these transactions count against the "4 privates sales per year rule" in MA?

EDIT:

I gave the search function a try....Imagine that! Looks like Len answered my question a couple years back.

if using my C&R to acquire a firearm from a non C&R holder within Massachusetts, an FA10 is still required so the state transfers the ownership of the firearm to me..correct? I still give the seller a signed copy of my C&R, and log it into my bound book.

Legally speaking, ALL transfers in MA (other than inheritance) MUST be between 2 LTC/FID holders and an FA-10 done with both parties info. The C&R FFL is irrelevant wrt MGL. It still goes in your Bound Book however, as the Feds require that no matter how a C&R gun is acquired.

Last edited:
I do not have my C&R yet but I was looking to get a jump on that bound book you need to keep for acquisitions and dispositions of C&R firearms...

Will this work?

https://www.amazon.com/Curio-Relic-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TKJMT27JFB2PY9GCDCE1

81WON4TqikL._SL1500_.jpg

810zwCfzivL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you.

ok Application is all filled out. The wife will put it in the mail tomorrow.

Ok...the wife put the application in the mail on 3/10. 03-FFL came in the mail today dated 4/1. Now what do I do with it?....lol I know enough not to sign it and i assume I should make a bunch of copies and then get a bound book and start buying guns. Can I get some discounts on items? is that what I read somewhere about 100 pages ago?

It seems they no longer send a "package" of information when you get your C&R. I received license 5 weeks ago, and that's all I've received. If it weren't for this thread I'd have no idea how to use it and stay out of trouble.

Well, what do you know. They still mail out packets when you get your license. It just takes a while.

Mailed application: 2/6
Card charged: 2/10
Received License: 3/4
Received Package: 4/24

IMG_20170424_145901548_zpsvstwbevr.jpg

Two publications are missing because they are on back order:
* CD of the 516 page State Laws and Published Ordinances- Firearms (ATF P 5300.5), but you can download a .pdf of that.
* F3310.11: Firearms Inventory Theft Loss Report (must be for people with boats that have accidents [wink])

Also mentioned in an insert is the Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide - 2014 Edition (ATF P 5300.4). It "features updated ATF rulings, general information and questions and answers." It's downloadable in .pdf, Kindle, iPhone & Android formats.

I am still getting my C&R (not yet), if I need to sell a rifle to an out of MA C&R, do I need to go through any special paper work (like EFA10)? Thanks

I am still getting my C&R (not yet), if I need to sell a rifle to an out of MA C&R, do I need to go through any special paper work (like EFA10)? Thanks

Nope, BB and bill of sale to attach to your purchase FA-10 to prove that you sold it and done.

ETA: I was a little too fast there. You need the buyer's FFL for your records too (Fed requirement).

BB = Bound Book, a Fed requirement for all FFLs including C&R FFLs. It's also called an Acquisitions and Dispositions book logging C&R guns obtained and disposed of while licensed.

You better do some studying up on the requirements before you get your C&R and do anything with it.

Believe or not, but my doc packet arrived today, 11 weeks after I received my license.
ATF delivers! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BB = Bound Book, a Fed requirement for all FFLs including C&R FFLs. It's also called an Acquisitions and Dispositions book logging C&R guns obtained and disposed of while licensed.

You better do some studying up on the requirements before you get your C&R and do anything with it.

Yes. I will I am not there yet. This would be a private to C&R sell.
Thanks!

Anyone ever let their C&R expire so they would stop buying so many guns? Because I might know a guy that just did that. Now that it's expired he no longer has to spend 3 hours a day cruising the classifieds or looking for another safe to supplement the one that is puking milsurps it's so full.

Who am I kidding...Totally regretting my decision to let my C&R expire.

Anyone ever let their C&R expire so they would stop buying so many guns? Because I might know a guy that just did that. Now that it's expired he no longer has to spend 3 hours a day cruising the classifieds or looking for another safe to supplement the one that is puking milsurps it's so full.

Who am I kidding...Totally regretting my decision to let my C&R expire.
I'm planning on letting mine expire for the same reason. Plus there just aren't the deals there were even a couple years ago.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Will dealers only ship C&R rifles to you or can you get long guns shipped to your door too?

Only guns that are C&R qualified. Better read the rules on what you can/can't do and how to do it legally.

Many non-MA dealers won't even ship C&R long guns to MA C&R FFLs. If you find those that do, keep it to yourself and do NOT post names . . . or the AG will threaten them and shut them down.

I find that sometimes those that say they won't,will if you also send them a copy of your LTC.Like Len stated don't post any out of State FFL names that will deal with us.

Only guns that are C&R qualified. Better read the rules on what you can/can't do and how to do it legally.

Many non-MA dealers won't even ship C&R long guns to MA C&R FFLs. If you find those that do, keep it to yourself and do NOT post names . . . or the AG will threaten them and shut them down.

CMP will ship long guns into MA. You hear that Maura? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, try and go after CMP. I want to be entertained

CMP will ship long guns into MA. You hear that Maura? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, try and go after CMP. I want to be entertained

Be careful what you wish for. CMP refused to ship pre-ban M1 carbine mags to MA for "fear". So it isn't a long stretch for them to change policies on M1s, etc. if they get a letter from AGO.

Back
Top Bottom