EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Despite the best efforts of the gent who took my information over the phone and managed not only to type my name incorrectly (after I spelled it three times) and also got the house number and the zip code wrong, my forms arrived in the mail today.

Despite the best efforts of the gent who took my information over the phone and managed not only to type my name incorrectly (after I spelled it three times) and also got the house number and the zip code wrong, my forms arrived in the mail today.

Yer screwed. They got my name wrong when they sent my application forms, and even though I sent in the application with the correct name, obviously [wink], when my license arrived it matched the original information, not the corrected information.

i called and spoke to "Matt" today at the ATF distribution center. he said that they will get the forms out to me today....

I'm filling out my forms and in section 9 where you're asked to provide information "for each "Individual Owner, Partner and Other Responsible Person in the Business", what do you put under "position" if you're not doing this as a business? Individual Owner?

I'm filling out my forms and in section 9 where you're asked to provide information "for each "Individual Owner, Partner and Other Responsible Person in the Business", what do you put under "position" if you're not doing this as a business? Individual Owner?

I either wrote my actual work position or "SELF". Can't recall which. I think it would matter if you were operating a buisiness, but for an 03 I suspect they'll just glance at that section.

ATF says:

"If you are an individual applying for license your position would be 'owner'. The other categories are there for individuals who apply as partners or corporations. You can apply as such for a curios/relics license. An example would be a partnership between siblings or spouses or friends."

stupid question but on question 8 on where it stated "total application fees" should i put $30????

EDIT: Just spoke to someone at the BATFE and verified that it is indeed $30

Last edited:
C&R QUESTION

Hi....when applying for my c&r license has anyone had a problem when sending a copy to the chief of police of their town? Will he do anything to upset the process or is this basically harmless and nothing to worry about..thanks.

When I dropped mine off they weren't exactly sure what it was for. All I said was that I am responsible for dropping this off for your records, and mentioned it was for collecting curio/ relic type firearms.

Mine really didn't know what it was for. I just told them I was required to give them notice that I was applying for it, and that they did not need to do anything about it.

My SBR approval...that was another matter. Don't want to get into it.

just talked to sog armory and they told me that i would definately have to have a 'tax id' to be eligible for the dealer discount, i was kinda condused and my cell was repeating everything back to me, so made it hard to understand... anyways does that tax id thing sound correct?

I requested the application online on 4/10 and received it today. I didn't mark the calender. Included with the application was a sheet of paper with my request date and ATF order #.

I will have my completed application in the mail Monday.

Back
Top Bottom