• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Point of Curiosity - How many folk here have had the one "visit" allowed per year? Do they call ahead or stop by on a Saturday afternoon out of the blue? I'd rather expect regular FFLs to get random walkins, but in private life, you can't always stop what your doing to accomodate a spontaneous visitor, never mind always be home.

Point of Curiosity - How many folk here have had the one "visit" allowed per year? Do they call ahead or stop by on a Saturday afternoon out of the blue? I'd rather expect regular FFLs to get random walkins, but in private life, you can't always stop what your doing to accomodate a spontaneous visitor, never mind always be home.

If they stop by unannounced, you still have your forth amendment rights. They're not allowed in without a warrant. § 178.23(c)(2) allows the C&R holder to elect to have the annual inspection carried out at the nearest ATF office.

I have personally never heard of any C&R holder ever having an annual inspection. It would usually be a waste of time unless they actually suspected you of criminal activity or one of your guns having been involved in such, at which point they will likely have a warrant. They have bigger fish to fry than making sure C&R holders dotted all the 'i's in their bound book.

Yeah, my C&R license and separate package with all the rules/regulations has arrived! I've already registered with Brownells and have the address to send my license to midwayUSA. Does anyone have a list of all the dealers with the MA non-friendly ones already removed? I've found some lists with addresses online but would rather not bother wasting the trees and stamps sending copies of my license to ones who won't ship to me in MA.

Few will probably post names, as the AG would love to have "new targets" for harassment!

Also be aware that some will accept them via Email (scanned signed copy) or Faxed (most will accept them Faxed). Saves a ton of trees and postage and instant gratification.

Asking one of the milsurp gurus when you see them at a shoot/event might work. If they know you that will help a lot.

Yeah, my C&R license and separate package with all the rules/regulations has arrived! I've already registered with Brownells and have the address to send my license to midwayUSA. Does anyone have a list of all the dealers with the MA non-friendly ones already removed? I've found some lists with addresses online but would rather not bother wasting the trees and stamps sending copies of my license to ones who won't ship to me in MA.

Eisenhow, since I've met you in person, PM me your email address and I'll share the list of vendors that I sent my C&R to.

To that end, if anyone's willing to share the list of C&R dealers that have no issues with MA shipping, let me know how I can verify my integrity to you, and I'll do so. =)

Come to one of the shoots. And bring your W2 so we know you don't work for Martha. [wink]

Come to one of the shoots. And bring your W2 so we know you don't work for Martha. [wink]

LOL!

Sounds good. Planning on an Appleseed - probably have to wait until April in VT though. I guess I'll just air-drop my license and cover letter over the Southern States and hope they fall into the right hands. [grin]

I did manage to find an ammo company that ships to MA, (which I have no intention of sharing, unless we've met in person! sorry!) so I'll just pay my dues and do my legwork on the C&R stuff as well. I'm sitting next to 40 copies of my license and cover letters, so it's off to Google I go! [smile]

I remember that several years ago, an FFL (not a C&R holder) had to use an actual BOUND book for their "bound book." Several posts on here have implied that a loose leaf configuration is adequate, but I know that it doesn't meet my requirements for a bound book. Does anyone have any actual info from BATFE on this. The regs still say "bound book."

I remember that several years ago, an FFL (not a C&R holder) had to use an actual BOUND book for their "bound book." Several posts on here have implied that a loose leaf configuration is adequate, but I know that it doesn't meet my requirements for a bound book. Does anyone have any actual info from BATFE on this. The regs still say "bound book."

Here you go, from the BATFE Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide 2005 (page 180). Note that they're speaking with dealers in mind here, but is relevant to collectors as well:

E. RECORDS REQUIRED – LICENSEES

(E1) "What is a "bound book?"

A "bound book" is a permanently bound book or an orderly arrangement of loose-leaf pages which must be maintained on the business premises. The format must follow that prescribed in the regulations and the pages must be numbered consecutively.

[27 CFR 478.121 and 478.125]

My app went in the mail yesterday. [grin]

Now the countdown to being broke begins.

To that end, if anyone's willing to share the list of C&R dealers that have no issues with MA shipping, let me know how I can verify my integrity to you, and I'll do so. =)

I have already verified my integrity to a handful of you... anyone want to share their list with me? [wink]

Back
Top Bottom