Everett, MA ltc application

My fiancé is applying for her first ltc in everett. The office told her she needs to get 2 letters of reference and write a letter ony why she needs the ltc. The 2 letters of reference are not a problem, but the office told her that all lawful purposes os not a valid reason for her wanting a ltc. Any recommendations on what to put in the letter.

Who is the Officer? I got mine in Everett about 8 years ago and Officer Silva was a good guy. I went through the whole ordeal, though.

Even though I knew the "All lawful purposes" line, when he asked me why I wanted it, I panicked and said, "Unnnn I don't know. Target shooting?" He typed "All Lawful Purposes" in the computer and proceeded to tell me why I was an idiot.

Who is the Officer? I got mine in Everett about 8 years ago and Officer Silva was a good guy. I went through the whole ordeal, though.

Even though I knew the "All lawful purposes" line, when he asked me why I wanted it, I panicked and said, "Unnnn I don't know. Target shooting?" He typed "All Lawful Purposes" in the computer and proceeded to tell me why I was an idiot.

Idiot because he didn't like the "all lawful purposes" bit or because he wanted you to have a more coherent response?

Response "because I would like the ability to protect myself or my family if the situation arises"

Here's what worked for me in Maldin FWIW:

"I would like to own and carry a firearm for personal protection and all other lawful purposes. On the advice of my attorney, to avoid confusion, I am requesting a class A unrestricted license to carry"

That's what the guy who taught my safety course recommended about 6 years ago and wide-eyed newbie that I was I just used that word for word to answer the "reason" question and had no problem. YMMV

Good luck.

Here's what worked for me in Maldin FWIW:

"I would like to own and carry a firearm for personal protection and all other lawful purposes. On the advice of my attorney, to avoid confusion, I am requesting a class A unrestricted license to carry"

That's what the guy who taught my safety course recommended about 6 years ago and wide-eyed newbie that I was I just used that word for word to answer the "reason" question and had no problem. YMMV

Good luck.

And if he says "who is your attorney?", are you ready to answer and be convincing?

Back
Top Bottom