Ever wanted to try USPSA (2019 edition)

If a 30 min drive is too far USPSA is probably not for you! (Also 9mm is the minimum)

Yeah really! I'm in Gloucester on the ass end of 128 and the closest club that offers any action shooting is Woburn Sportsmans Association (40 min) and about the same distance for Mystic Valley in Malden. All other clubs are an hour or more away. Hopkinton and Pioneer Sportsmans are the furthest clubs I go to for matches and boy is it well worth the drive!

Being a CPA 2 days before the filing deadline is what makes it a challenge.

Thanks for all the interest folks! We're currently wait listing new registrations. We have a couple of cancellations every year so it's not the end of your chances if you're put on the list but we can't guarantee a spot either.

If you really want to get into the sport and can't make the class or didn't get a spot you should find a way to stop by a club that has open practices. Hopkinton and Harvard are two that come to mind, there may be more that I don't know of.

Damn it. I need to back out. Family just scheduled my grandfather's 90'th bday same day in NYC.

Real shame, I was really excited for this one.

@BostonBullit Is it too late to get on the reserve list for this? I tried the link, but registration is closed. If there’s a chance of a spot freeing up, I’d like to be on the list.

We have a half dozen people on the wait list at the moment and it’s not looking good for all of them to get a spot. I’ll check on things tonight and get an exact status.

If you’re free on Weds evenings you can come down and get the same info in a less formal setting at practices

We have a half dozen people on the wait list at the moment and it’s not looking good for all of them to get a spot. I’ll check on things tonight and get an exact status.

If you’re free on Weds evenings you can come down and get the same info in a less formal setting at practices

Thank you. I may try to get down there either this Wednesday or next.

Not going to make it today, hope to be there next week. My OWB holster hasn’t come in yet for my 320 and I wasn’t sure if IWB was allowed with a P365. It should be here by next Wednesday though, so hopefully I’ll be good to go.

Great day yesterday, awesome people and a fun, well run event.
Came home, signed up for HSC steel challenge and ordered a belt rig to be better prepared for future events.
Spend all the monies!

What time on Wednesdays? I took the class last year an want to do my first match this year, but I would like a "refresher" first.

What time on Wednesdays? I took the class last year an want to do my first match this year, but I would like a "refresher" first.

Officially, it is 5:30PM, however several members will typically be there earlier (who can open the gate). Non member may have to wait until the gate automatically opens (and, I am not sure of the time).

Another great group this year. We weren't sure how the single day format was going to go but having a crop of capable students made it go very smoothly. It was a long day but some good fun!

Now let's get you all to some matches! Even if you didn't get to the class feel free to come by for practice and we'll get you the minimum info you'll need to safely get through your first match. The sport is full of friendly people who will help you get through you're first match and show you the ropes so don't sit on the sidelines because you're intimated.

Officially, it is 5:30PM, however several members will typically be there earlier (who can open the gate). Non member may have to wait until the gate automatically opens (and, I am not sure of the time).

I wouldn't be able to get there earlier than 6:30. Would that be too late?

Back
Top Bottom