• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ever told to leave a facility for carrying?

I am going to a club as a designated driver with some friends. I wont be drinking but want to carry since its in a crappy area.

I was trying to imagine, if they patted me and obviously noticed i was carrying, what would ensue? Would it turn into a fiasco? Would i simply be told to come back unarmed? Would the police be called to verify legitimacy?

By the way, I have no idea of they pat down or not.

Anyone care to share horror stories? This is in Mass by the way.

Ive searched Google NES and NES internal search for a similar thread but I can't find anything. Guess it depends on wording?

I feel like im going to get flamed for this post for some reason but definitely not the worst thread ive posted.

If you see people getting patted down turn around and walk away . Or tell the dude up front your a dd and legal .

Or get shit faced and use the trigger gaurd to get the caps off your beer . I've done this with pellet guns when I gave party's at my house it freaks people out thinking in drunk with a gun .

Last edited:
Thank ya both! I need to make sure car is nearby. Thats my primary objective; park close. Id hate to leave it in there around that area regardless of it being locked up in a box in the trunk. Its a Catch 22. Think ill keep my lockbox in a Hello Kitty bag stuffed with dog crap to deter potential theft [laugh]

Im also interested in any horror stories out of curiosity.

One time I was ccw'ing and the "bouncer" saw my knife clip on my pocket and told me he wouldn't let me in. Yet he didn't see my gun - so the lesson is, if you also carry a knife, put it in your pocket.

I hope you won't get flamed. It is a legitimate question/concern.

I agree with the above. See if they are patting down people first. Maybe do some research on their policy (if you know where exactly you are going first). If they are patting people down, be honest. See what they say. If they let you in, then good. Depending on your method of carry, you could just risk them not finding it if they are patting people down. Tough call, up to you really.

If you're carrying and they wand or pat you, you'll most likely be told to leave. If you get through the door and there's no problem, well, there's no problem. Concealed means concealed. If you are found to be carrying while you're in there, leave if they ask you to do so. Signage is not "legally binding" in MA but if you refuse to leave if the owner or anyone under their employment tells you to, then you've got problems.

Or get shit faced and use the trigger gaurd to get the caps off your beer . I've done this with pellet guns when I gave party's at my house it freaks people out thinking in drunk with a gun .

If you're partying at my house you'll often see me opening a bottle with a 1911 mag, Makarov mag, Walther PPK mag etc... It doesn't work so well with Glock mags.

First rule to avoid shit: do not go w here shit usually happens. If it's a crappy area, just stay away. Be aware of your surroundings. Situational awareness helps more than a gun can. Going to a shitty club in a shitty area is asking for it. Just sayin'.

I got wanded at a club in Beijing once and they asked to hold my big-ass knife for the duration. I didn't have my badass NES buddies to back me up, so I backed down and complied.

First rule to avoid shit: do not go w here shit usually happens. If it's a crappy area, just stay away. Be aware of your surroundings. Situational awareness helps more than a gun can. Going to a shitty club in a shitty area is asking for it. Just sayin'.

Quoted for truth. Stay away.

The best gun fight you win is the one you never get into.

Last edited:
Very true but on the same token, I would rather not live in fear all the time. My gun makes me feel 100% more comfortable but cant be a crux. I will be with a carload of friends who can hold their own if SHTF but to tell them I wont go because the area makes me uneasy... I dont know if I can do that.

I got wanded at a club in Beijing once and they asked to hold my big-ass knife for the duration. I didn't have my badass NES buddies to back me up, so I backed down and complied.

You obviously are not the guy in the famous picture standing in front of those commie tanks in Tienamen Sq. [laugh]

You obviously are not the guy in the famous picture standing in front of those commie tanks in Tienamen Sq. [laugh]

That dude had brass balls because he already drank half of the liquor in his grocery bag. In my case, I was hoping to get liquored up at the club. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride just a bit. [cheers]

Very true but on the same token, I would rather not live in fear all the time. My gun makes me feel 100% more comfortable but cant be a crux. I will be with a carload of friends who can hold their own if SHTF but to tell them I wont go because the area makes me uneasy... I dont know if I can do that.

Yep. Life comes with risks. I'd say unless this is a truly terrible location, the risk of something happening is less than not going and letting your friends do something stupid because they don't have a DD. If more people were responsible enough to DD there would be less incidents of stupid drunks getting themselves and others hurt.

For the style of music I like, I often find myself in dodgy areas, just the way it is. Never try to sneak a weapon past the doorman. But be prepared to have to lock it up. Some guys are cool and let you in anyway.

I have been turned away many times. I am always up front if they are checking people at the door. I have never been let in but they have never made a scene. Usually I am very nicely told to come back unarmed.

Unless I am traveling out of state (and many other state will not let you carry in places that serve alcohol any way) I pretty much stick to places where I am on a first name basis with the owner and staff. Solves a lot of problems.

I know a few bars that the bouncers will let you in if you got a ltc, but not with a knife . Those bouncers told me there not worried about some one that's legal with a ltc.
There's one bar I new a lot of people who worked there never had to pay a cover etc. If there was a new bouncer that didn't know me I'd I'd walk around back and the cook would let me in.

Depends on what you're carrying too. My LCP in a holster feels no different than a wallet in the back pocket. When I'm going to a place like that I have a really thin wallet that just holds an ID a single credit card and some cash. I put that in the same pocket as the LCP. They see me put my wallet in that pocket after I take out my ID and hand it to them and take it back out to put the ID away.

Going to clubs in providence/boston/atlantic city, I've never ever had a bouncer ask me to empty my pockets after feeling a wallet. Also, dress nice and don't be the scuzzy guy that sets off red flags to begin with.

Edit: as soon as you get in, hit the head and transfer your wallet and firearm into a front pocket so they don't get lifted.

Here's a horror story that I remember from last year--

A guy was turned down at the door at a club in Boston. His bright idea was to hide his gun in the bushes nearby.
He went in for a while (they did let him in when he came back unarmed), and when he came out... the gun was gone. He went back to the club and asked if anyone turned in a lost gun (fat chance) and they called BPD on him. The Herald had the story.

So don't do that.

+1

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I am a bouncer at a strip club and had a guy adamant I let him back in the lap dance area because he said he left his cell phone in there... there was another dance still going on so I told him he had to wait... he kept asking me every 30 seconds could he please go in and get it.. over and over and over and finaly I told him I would go get it and he said "never mind" he would wait. It turns out his 9mm slid out of his holster during his lapdance and got wedged down next to the seat.

My anti gun family asked that I leave thanksgiving dinner one year. Cant choose your family

One of my aunts did this a while back, but it was Easter. So I simply and calmly said "Alright, guess I'm not welcome at your house anymore".

She thinks I'm insane now, but whatever. I just hang out at my other aunt's house and OC around her pool/grill/smoker all summer [thumbsup]

I am a bouncer at a strip club and had a guy adamant I let him back in the lap dance area because he said he left his cell phone in there... there was another dance still going on so I told him he had to wait... he kept asking me every 30 seconds could he please go in and get it.. over and over and over and finaly I told him I would go get it and he said "never mind" he would wait. It turns out his 9mm slid out of his holster during his lapdance and got wedged down next to the seat.

How did this turn out for the patron?

Back
Top Bottom