• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ever thought you lost one of your firearms?

MGnoob

NES Life Member
NES Member
I had alittle panic today. I opened my day safe and one of the two firearms I keep in it wasn’t there.I don’t carry anymore because I don’t go anywhere. I don’t consider having a gun in your house or on your farm carrying.I also haven’t been shooting in a long time.

Anyway I always keep my firearms in the same place so I was a-little thrown off. This firearm I carried every day for as long as I owned it (until a year ago) so I knew it was always on my person.

I checked another one of my safes and it wasn’t there.. now I’m getting alittle panicky.

Then I think I had been getting it ready for this job I was accepted for. I was setting up the shitty safe to put it in my vehicle. I go to that safe and it won’t open.. I’m shaking it around like a Christmas present couldn’t tell. Log on YouTube watch a video and I have the thing open in about 10 minutes with a little metal zip tie.

Still no… Now I’m in a panic and I searched everywhere. I found it in a different safe.

The reason I moved it out of my day safe is I had no ammunition for it.

It was a S&W 360PD also They are so light you could lose it while carrying and you wouldn’t even notice.

Last edited:
I thought I lost my Garand somehow, until I remembered I broke it down into a million pieces to detail clean and wrapped them up in 2 towels and put them on a shelf in my basement. I mean I know I couldn't have just lost a Garand, but I did forget what I did with it for about 30 seconds because I took apart the Garand like 2 years ago.

Other than that, I got nothing :)

So I’m not the only one..

One time I did lose a gun in this Brooke.. No, it wasn’t a boating accident..

I walked that creek 3 hours, 15 minutes past dark and then I found it about 3 feet from where I fell in.

Thank God, it was black and silver.. If it was just black, I never would’ve found it

Yes and it was terrifying! I felt awful and irresponsible. My wife pitched in and we found it in the locked gun room where it was supposed to be. I had hid it from myself! My Glocks are like my children.

Ever thought you lost one of your firearms?
Sort of.

My first seven years in the Corps I was in units where you had to have your rifle within arm's reach at all times.

Then I transferred to training command where we weren't issued rifles, but we did train units that did and they had the "within arm's reach" rule.

At first, every time a unit leader called for a weapons count, I instinctively and immediately got that sick feeling in my stomach when I realized I wasn't holding a rifle.

Of course, very quickly I came to me senses, but for that brief moment I thought I was in BIG trouble!.

Thankfully, after some time at that training command, that reaction diminished.

Good times!

I haven't....... but have had 2 people leave their guns at the Tuesday Patrice plates session that I run at the club. Had to call the club president to come down and lock then in the club safe in the office until the owners called and set up times to come back and get them. Both times.......glocks. 🤣

Every couple of months I panic because I can't find my .357 revolver.

Every time it's in the same place because I don't move it. It lives locked up in a pelican case with a bunch of AR lowers.
Why? Because it does.

Seriously, I haven't shot this thing in 2 years and I've had at least 5 mild panic attacks about it.

Seriously, I haven't shot this thing in 2 years and I've had at least 5 mild panic attacks about it.
I have one tiny gun I never shot, and once in a while I panic that I lost it.

Last time it wasn't in the safe with the handguns. It was in a different safe, bottom of the safe, behind a bunch of rifles.

I should just sell it so I stop panicking.

If I do find it, it never fires. I feel you brother.
In my gun dreams, I need them to fight off home invaders, can’t get into the safe, or I go to load mags and can’t find the right mags or the right ammo. All this is ridiculous of course because I keep all my mags loaded, and my night stand guns (pistol and rifle) are ready to go.

I found a Ruger GP-100 I forgot I owned in a locked range bag I haven't used since 2019. I don't shoot wheel guns all that often.

Also once found a 8mm Mauser over 10 gauge my great uncle gave my grandfather for me.....I shot it once and said it wasn't my cup of tea outside of raw need.

He was a guide in the back woods of the Pacific Northwest and into Alaska
His typical "oh shit" load out was a 220 grain 8mm Mauser over a 4 ounce copper 10 gauge slug.

This was called "The Angry Gun"

Not me, but I was part of it. This was about 15 years ago now. A buddy who we’ll call Fabio and I were working until midnight, got off shift and headed to another buddies house who was off as he was in a different group. Let’s call him Switch. Because Switch was off that night, he had already torn into a six pack of pounders (16oz bottles), and a few shots. Needless to say Switch was 2/3 in the bag.

We had plans to meet a few nurses and their friends at a local adult beverage distributor, throw some darts, play some pool, and hopefully return to Switch’s place with the nurses.

We get to Switch’s house, he’s outside, sitting on the porch emptying the last pounder. But, Fabio, living up to his namesake needed to change, cause wearing uniform boots, pants and casual shirt to a shithole dive bar was beneath him. Because of that we gave him shit as time was limited. But we need to do something about our pistols. So he gave Switch his cleared pistol, still in the holster, I put mine in a zippered pouch. This all happened on the porch. Switch went inside to secure the two pistols. Fabio changes, and off we go.

Fabio didn’t like the idea of sleeping on a shitty futon that switch had and stayed at his chosen ladies’ place. Switch and I went back to his place and crashed. Next day I woke up, grabbed my pistol and went home to finish enjoying my hangover in solitude. Plus, Switch was having his parents over for Sunday dinner and needed to clean the place up.

Early evening I get a frantic phone call from Fabio to come over to Switch’s place to help find his pistol cause it’s “f*cking missing”! We pull everything out of the safe, search the house search under/around the porch, the bushes, everywhere. About two hours in we haven’t found it. Fabio is flipping out at this point and lamenting having to report that his pistol has gone missing. Especially the how and why. After another hour and a half, Fabio gives the safe one last look, and lo and behold there is the pistol, in one of the pockets on the door. Switch said he must’ve slammed the door and the pistol fell from the shelf and somehow landed in the pocket on the door.

The best part of it all, was Switch’s parents were still there. His crazy (in a fun way) Vietnam Vet dad and his off the boat Spanish mother (Spain Spanish, not Latin America) are both reading the riot act to Fabio. Him going on about what would’ve happened in ‘Nam, and her saying in the thickest Spanish accent “why you gotta give him something stupid like that when he stupid like that”

Sorry for the boreophyll

Finished shooting one afternoon. My friend helped me clean up, so I didn't do my usual routine.

Get home, shoot the bull with said friend, he leaves, I eat supper and decide I may as well clean some guns. Been about 3 hrs.

Stick my hand in the bag, no pistol, next compartment, no pistol...one more compartment- zilch.
Uh oh... where's the friggen gun? Remember that I didn't pack everything up. Oh boy.

Jump in the car, fly to range (10 minutes) run to range. In the fading light, I spy my pistol and the empty mag sitting on the range bench minding it's own business.

Always put my own stuff away now, no matter what.

I thought i lost one, but it turned up in a recycling bin the next day.
I’m not sure if you’re serious, but I know somebody who literally did the same thing. I was worried it fell Into somthing that I threw out.

You start running these crazy scenarios through your head..

I know somone who put it on top of the safe, thought they put inside, later couldn’t find it. It fell behind the safe.

Another good one is you set your camo shotgun against a tree to pee, turn around and you can’t see it.. I hate camo guns.. won it in a raffle

Happened once with a 10/22 I leant to a good friend so they could teach their child to shoot. Totally forgot where it went, had no recollection of lending it out. Thought maybe I sold the thing, but couldn't find a transaction history of it. Tore the basement apart, no luck. A couple months later I ran into my friend at the grocery store and he told me how much they were enjoying the rifle and wanted to buy it off me [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom