Ever read "One Second After ???"

Just finished it. Good read, a little preachy at times (Some if the characters were a little too perfect at times) but it made me think. Don’t know if I’ll read the other two.

Actually this was a great book. It's sci fi about a comet that grazes the atmosphere, and leaves a dust in the air which binds moving iron surfaces. Metal bearings and sliding surfaces lock up like they're welded. It really throws a monkey wrench into civilization...

https://www.amazon.com/Stardust-Ray...D=51Pgxk3%2BUtL&preST=_SY445_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

The copper-yellow glow of the comet seemed to have brought the whole world to a grinding halt. Airplanes, trains, generators and heavy machinery were immobilized. Finally man was left with only a few primitive tools. In the resulting chaos parts of Mayfield were burned and looted by hunger-crazed mobs that stole and killed as they advanced.

Just finished it. Good read, a little preachy at times (Some if the characters were a little too perfect at times) but it made me think. Don’t know if I’ll read the other two.

I recommend that you read the other two, I think you will enjoy them, especially The Final Day.

Back
Top Bottom