Ever pause a moment when you see a guns 'estate sale' at a shop?

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Probably a lot of people on NES have a 'collection' of some sort.
Do you ever see a collection of firearms up for sale after someone has died, and mentally envision what happens to your collection when you die? Or does it
make you rethink what you're hoarding?
I walked into a shop where there were like 5 m1 carbines on the wall from someone's estate, and I thought to myself "y'know maybe I don't really need a third one
after all".

67546937.jpg

Do you ever see a collection of firearms up for sale after someone has died, and mentally envision what happens to your collection when you die? Or does it
I walked into a shop where there were like 5 m1 carbines on the wall from someone's estate, and I thought to myself "y'know maybe I don't really need a third one
after all".
Do tell, I’m in the market for an M1

I’ve given this some thought and plan to leave a few choice pieces to family, but I’m planning on donating the bulk of them equally between my club and GOAL.

after all".
Who makes you think he is dead? Watch ‘I care a lot’. It is about MA after all.

Would this state let you be buried with one? You know, maybe your favorite. Who knows, where I'm going I might need it.

had a 3 hour tour with the mrs a few weeks ago. showed her all the ammo & guns, how to unlock all the cabinets & safes,
and access the "in plain sight" storage areas

gave her all info needed to determine current pricing on all, as well as who should get what.

hope she never needs to deal with it. ('cause i'll be suddenly dead, and i don't even want to think about that) :D

my kids have already pre-divided the spoils - milsurps, prebans, the barrett, the ani, etc.

it's on an excel file called gunventory, and the ammo on another called spreadshot

The generic ones I don't care about as much, but I'd like one of my kids to promise to keep the first rifle I bought, a 10-22 I bought in 1989.

And they can leave my beat up, worn out EDC Glock on my hip in the pine box, but they can have the pre-ban magazine so they don't have to buy a replacement from Rapetile

after all".
I have one son. I don't have to worry about where my guns are gonna go when I'm dead.

When I was heavily into buying o gauge trains on Ebay, I would occasionally find one that belonged to the seller's father. I was temped to ask them to send a picture of their father so that I could put it up in a spot above my layout so that they could watch the trains. I didn't actually do it as I thought that they might not understand... Every used gun belonged to someone and odds are the gun will outlive the original owner. Even the less desirable ones have a certain mechanical beauty. Many are actual works of art. It falls on the next generation to preserve them and use them so that their value (historic not monetary) is not lost. I am worried that we may lose this right but then, that is what they were designed to prevent as long as we do our part.

Oh would both of you just shut the hell up. This is kind of a fun/different thread topic.

My current significant other would call the local gun shop and tell them to take everything and just get it out of the house, I think? She has been instructed to let my best buddy pick whatever/however much he wants, but I’m not even sure she’d follow through with that.

It’d be nice to have someone to leave it all to someday, but to be honest I don’t see that happening at this point. They’ll likely end up spread out in PVC pipes in remote areas across the country...all buried with a combat load out of magazines, and an accompanying pistol with some...and an ammo can for each caliber in the hole :)
Then leave someone a treasure map and see how dedicated they are to uncovering my treasures.

after all".
When you open my gun safe the first thing you're greeted with is a witnessed and notarized statement on the disposition of my firearms, ammunition, and magazines in the case of my unforeseen demise.

Basically everything goes to my significant other who has a LTC and can legally take possession of the collection. She has directions to hold onto everything ifmy brother wants to get his LTC and acquire anything in the collection, if he passes or doesn't apply for his LTC within a year they are hers to do with as she pleases.

In that document is also the real price I paid for each firearm and a listing of which are my favorites.

Nobody care about my guns now.
The coming generations might not are either.
At the moment, they are to be disposed of by GOAL. If GOAL wants to share the profits that would be good for whoever is left.
In the coming years, it will be determined if anybody will actually inherit them, instead.
I also need to be assured that nobody becomes an addict who will hasten my demise for a profit.
If nobody will inherit them, they will go to GOAL to do what they want.
For the dozen guns buried deep in 4 different states - good luck finding them.

I only hope that if I begin to lose my mind in old age, that I could keep my LTC as a "collector" if deemed unsuitable to CCW.

When I turn about 75 - 80 I might have to decide never to CCW again in case I get forgetful of careless.

I'd rather have the choice then be forced to lose everything.

If I make 90, I doubt I'd up for shooting an AR or working on Glocks but I'd at least like to ogle over them with my poor vision and arthritic hands.

I doubt I could afford assisted living but if I did - I'd want to bring my collection. I doubt it will be allowed, though.

Glocks will be around in their current configuration for at least another 30 years.

Just think what a brand new pre ban Glock mag would be worth.

If nobody recognizes that- it's their loss.

after all".
Once, I saw what was called an "estate sale" of a gun collection at a firearms retailer. After asking a few questions, I found out it was hardly that. The owner became a "prohibited person", did some time in Joliet and his FOID was revoked by the Illinois State Police. Family members put the gun collection on consignment to help recoup some of the legal fees they paid on his behalf.

When you open my gun safe the first thing you're greeted with is a witnessed and notarized statement on the disposition of my firearms, ammunition, and magazines in the case of my unforeseen demise.

Basically everything goes to my significant other who has a LTC and can legally take possession of the collection. She has directions to hold onto everything ifmy brother wants to get his LTC and acquire anything in the collection, if he passes or doesn't apply for his LTC within a year they are hers to do with as she pleases.
So you think you have a codicil covering your guns'n'ammo.
Does it conform to the requirements for a codicil in Massachusetts?
Have you written a will which postdates the codicil and "revokes all prior codicils"?

Dad specifically requested Viking burial in his boat, with his guns. I told him a couple specific ones might fall off the back of of the truck on the way to the boat ramp.

Dad specifically requested Viking burial in his boat, with his guns. I told him a couple specific ones might fall off the back of of the truck on the way to the boat ramp.
I wanted to be buried with my M1 but my girlfriend has decided she wants it, it is also my brother's favorite gun I own so he might want it, I'm sure as hell not getting rid of it. I guess if I'm going to hell I'm taking a CZ with me now.

Wife is taking all the Mil Surps, has her LTC. My only daugther has LTC. All set

Wife will sell every Glock to pay for my funeral.

I have one son. I don't have to worry about where my guns are gonna go when I'm dead.
This is my situation. One son. One of my nephews just got his unrestricted LTC, so perhaps he’ll share with his cousin. We’ve had some discussion about what to keep for the coming troubles but that’s going to be up to him. Hopefully he’ll decide wisely. I’ll be beyond caring, although the dems may use me for voting.

Have 2 friends that shoot they get to divey up the collection of firearms,reloading equipment etc.
Only 1 firearm that is required to be sold Shiloh Sharps 1874 Long Range Express with 6 power Malcolm style scope (not a Leatherwood btw). I told my friends what the minimum to sell it for and I suspect they'll can get much more than the price I set.

Wife is taking all the Mil Surps, has her LTC. My only daugther has LTC. All set

Wife will sell every Glock to pay for my funeral.
You can save about $750 by having the wake at your gun club instead of the funeral home, minus whatever fee the club charges. I've told my wife to tell the board at my local club that I will personally haunt every one of them if they do not waive the fee for me. Get cremated so you do not have to hire the funeral home to transport the body, or just have a corpseless wake.

Back
Top Bottom