• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ever Grown Dwarf Fruit Trees?

I know some people that have kept them inside with pretty good success. Pests can be issue espically if conditions are not ideal (low light, low humidity).

Pests can be issue espically if conditions are not ideal (low light, low humidity).

Funny. The first words out of my wife's mouth were, "You aren't going to bring a bunch of bugs into the house, are you?" Undaunted though, I'm still tempted to give it a try. It wouldn't be the first disaster I've had around the house. [smile]

I have a dwarf lemon and a dwarf lime tree that I started from two little tiny 6" trees bought in Florida about 5 years ago. They were doing great until this year. I had been bringing them in ever winter but this year I left them too long in my little greenhouse and they got bit by frost. All the leaves died and I am hoping they survive. I don't know enough about them to be sure if they will or not. Not the easiest plants to grow I will tell you that. This year was the first year I started to get little tiny fruit off of the buds but they fell off after a week or so this summer. [hmmm]

We have some dwarf peach trees in the front yard. They produce a few fruits every year, mostly pit though. Not like the ones from the store.[sad]

We had a lemon for ~10 years. It produced fruit exactly 2 times.

One golfball sized lemon about midway, and one more right before it died.

We followed the care instructions to the letter.

Back
Top Bottom