• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Even CNN Called Out Joe Biden’s Ridiculous Gun Control Lies

mikeyp

NES Member
You know it's bad when even CNN admits something like this

The Democrats and the White House continue their multi-pronged assault on the Bill of Rights. With each day, the sound bytes elevate in their outrageousness. Democratic officials continue to spread misinformation and lies at a grand scale, all in attempt to win the day and pass massive gun control laws. But is the charade beginning to show its first cracks? Even CNN recently reported the ridiculousness of a few Joe Biden gun control lies recently.
White House Announce 6 Executive Actions, Including NFA Pistol Braces

Biden Gun Control Lies​

Beating the drum to gather support for his coming Executive Actions on guns, Biden took to the stage recently. His Rose Garden announcement proved riddled with lies and misrepresentations.

Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms​

Biden wants to repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. The law protects the firearm industry from frivolous lawsuits. Biden said “the only industry in America–a billion-dollar industry–that can’t be sued–has exempt from being sued–are gun manufacturers.”

“This is false,” reported CNN. “Gun manufacturers are not entirely exempt from being sued, nor are they only industry with some liability protections.” If you don’t think gun companies can get sued, just ask Remington. In a case that went all the way to the Supreme Court, Remington lost its attempt to block a lawsuit from the families of victims from the 2012 Sandy Hook shooting.

(CNN)In the wake of another series of mass shootings around the US, President Joe Biden announced several gun-control focused executive actions on Thursday.

The actions include expanding background checks for certain types of guns, regulating stabilizing braces built for pistols, making new investments in intervention programs for violence-prone communities, and creating model "red flag" legislation for states to pass.

Here's a look at some of the claims Biden made during his Rose Garden announcement and the facts around them:

Gun manufacturers and liability​

Biden claimed that "the only industry in America -- a billion-dollar industry -- that can't be sued -- has exempt from being sued -- are gun manufacturers."
Facts First: This is false. Gun manufacturers are not entirely exempt from being sued, nor are they only industry with some liability protections.

Something else from the CNN article pertinent to today(but not firearm related)

Other industries also have some exemptions in liability. For example, vaccine manufacturers cannot be held liable in a civil suit for damages from a vaccine-related injury or death. And for the next four years, pharmaceutical companies developing the Covid-19 vaccines will have immunity from liability under the 2005 Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act. Those who claim to have been harmed by vaccines may receive money from the government, not the pharmaceutical company, via the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program.

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/300aa-22

Fact checking anything Biden says is an exercise in yelling WRONG over and over and over again. If he doesn't spew a fake fact, he's bumbling over his words and says what he intended backwards in the first place.

I think it's awesome that he wants to run for re-election. LOL. He's barely got 3 months in and he's getting ready for 2024. Dude. You shouldn't be buying green bananas and you're thinking about when you're 86 and running the free world????

Isn’t it odd that as soon as the democrats got back in charge. That all the shootings ramped up again. How nice for them and their cause, I smell a dirty rat.
Funny about that. I'm sure it's all just a crazy coincidence in support of the leftist Dim's agenda. Yeah, funny that. :mad:

I seriously thought I was alone in that thought and I don't wear tin foil.
Liberals have proven time and time again there is no level they won’t stoop to to regain or continue in power. They are true enemies of the state and are in bed with the republican rhinos as well. They are even worse because they act like your pal them stab you in the back.

Patently false. We had plenty of mass shootings with Trump.

You have confirmation bias. "I believe this to be true, ergo any fact I see proves my case." The drop in 2020 was due to a lack of people in social gatherings. But 2017, 18 and 19 were rife with mass shootings.

It's not your fault. It's how humans are wired, But you're wrong that there is some sort of shooting-conspurrurrrsurrrrr out there. There isn't. People kill people. Period.

Patently false. We had plenty of mass shootings with Trump.

You have confirmation bias. "I believe this to be true, ergo any fact I see proves my case." The drop in 2020 was due to a lack of people in social gatherings. But 2017, 18 and 19 were rife with mass shootings.

It's not your fault. It's how humans are wired, But you're wrong that there is some sort of shooting-conspurrurrrsurrrrr out there. There isn't. People kill people. Period.
Please refresh my brain stem. We are under 4 months of Biden with how many shootings compared to 4 years of Trump.
I could have selective memory. Sorry if that’s the case.

Isn’t it odd that as soon as the democrats got back in charge. That all the shootings ramped up again. How nice for them and their cause, I smell a dirty rat.
yep - I would like to see a chart of true (not by anti-gun groups) mass shootings by year, and compare the last 4 years to all others.

yep - I would like to see a chart of true (not by anti-gun groups) mass shootings by year, and compare the last 4 years to all others.
Like 2020 wasn't a good reason to go wild on a group of innocents.
Oh, never mind. Strike that.
We were not allowed to gather according to .gov... the same people who want to control every aspect of our lives. Can't go postal without a group of targets but as sure as God made little green apples (that was my father talking) domestic violence went thru the roof and we now have a full year of financial ruin for some and a group of kids who are going to need couch doctor visits for many years to come.

Well if you wanted to get technical we should start counting the killings in every major city across the US. All run by wait for it Democrats. South side of Chicago or Baltimore. But they don’t barely get a mention as it’s black on black violence. What was it 60:shootings a weekend in just Chicago. And Wikipedia is hardly a evidence based fact benchmark.

Chicago is one big mass shooting 24/7, 365. Just that it takes about 3 minutes to shoot the next person, That's a mass shooting every 15 minutes. But I guess that's OK

Nobuddy mentions the fact that Joe Biden invented the "Assault Weapon" in 1994 and told us that they were legal to buy and use. What has changed Joe's mind? If he has one? Jack.
And also that under Obama/Biden the justice dept authored a memo that said there was no evidence that the AWB made anyone safer.

Please refresh my brain stem. We are under 4 months of Biden with how many shootings compared to 4 years of Trump.
I could have selective memory. Sorry if that’s the case.

We're talking about shitbags who walk in to a crowded walmart or school and barely manage to kill 4 people. That covod 6 foot spacing shit really threw them off their feed. [laugh]

That's a great idea. Fortunately, there's an [edit] button on every page. Feel free to add any of that data that you have access to.
Wikipedia's busybody editors stomp on edits like that.

I once wrote up a detailed thoroughly sourced article on Wikipedia only to watch 2-3 editors keep revising it into oblivion over the course of a month until their boss decided to delete the article entirety as "not noteworthy".

I once wrote up a detailed thoroughly sourced article on Wikipedia only to watch 2-3 editors keep revising it into oblivion over the course of a month until their boss decided to delete the article entirety as "not noteworthy".
Every time they piss me off,
which happens more than once a month nowadays,
I think about deleting all of my thousands of edits with the comment,
"my boss claims he didn't release copyright on stuff I did at work".

There might even be a way to report all my edits as copyright violations,
and make them do the deletion.

I'd post the ending scene from The Anderson Tapes
where the investigative agency hits the bulk erase button
on the apartment building's eavesdropping bugs' magtape library,
but it doesn't seem as if anyone's pirated that clip.

Not to derail the thread, but even the WaPo, a liberal rag, gave Quid pro Joe Xiden four Pinocchios for lying about the new Georgia voting laws. After it was pointed out to him, he kept repeating the lies. Senator Warnock also repeated the lies until caught and backtracked on what he said. We know all politicians lie, but the present crop of Dems beats all of them in this category.

Back
Top Bottom