European Vacation Normandy...

Just got back from 10 days in Europe including visits to England, France and Scotland...I won't bore you with the 300 pictures I took just a few I thought you may enjoy....

HMS Victory (Nelsons Flagship at Trafalgar)

Crate of Brown Bess Muskets on the Victory

Racks of Snider Enfields on the HMS Warrior (we actually attended a wedding on the gun deck of this old ship incredible)

Omaha Beach

Pointe du Hoch

Antique shop in Normandy

Utah Beach

Saint Mare Inglis

Right behind the HMS Victory is one of the coolest gun shops you'll ever see. Looking at the ship, if you did an about-face, there's this bricked in, covered sidewalk. The storefront is all glass. Think its called the Mary Rose Antique Shop or something. Anyways, towards the back, they have quite the awesome collection of vintage WWII firearms and modern rifles also. Funny, they had a Mini 14 with a tag that said "A-Team" on it. I bought a Nazi dagger and a mint 1942 un-cut bayonet for my M1 Garand there.

Right behind the HMS Victory is one of the coolest gun shops you'll ever see. Looking at the ship, if you did an about-face, there's this bricked in, covered sidewalk. The storefront is all glass. Think its called the Mary Rose Antique Shop or something. Anyways, towards the back, they have quite the awesome collection of vintage WWII firearms and modern rifles also. Funny, they had a Mini 14 with a tag that said "A-Team" on it. I bought a Nazi dagger and a mint 1942 un-cut bayonet for my M1 Garand there.

We did go in there and they did have some incredible stuff besides the guns as well but the prices were way out of my league! But they did have a suit of Armor for the man cave........if only I could have figured out how to get that home!

Prices were fair I thought. The exchange rate is what kills you. When I got my stuff home, I searched and found examples of what I had bought to see if I overpaid but found that I paid a fair amount, not deal of the century but didn't get taken either. There was a ton of stuff I'd like to have in there. That shop is online and they ship! Not as much fun as being in a foreign port and buying souvenirs though.

thanks for sharing the excellent photos...post as many as you can. Definitely want to see it in person sometime...my grandfather landed there

Back
Top Bottom