• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Estimates on P365 Time to Mass Roster

I doubt very much that a non-thumb safety version will ever be an approved gun in Mass.
The existing gun will not meet 940 CMR 16.05(2) which is about those pesky 5 year olds. They would need to do one of the following
1) 10lb trigger
2) safety (trigger, thumb, other)

Or if they want to channel S&W they do both...

Just saw this at my club today. Supposedly Sig is working on it, and maybe we'll see them in MA before towards the end of the year!

large.jpg
See post 8, 10, and 21.......

Guys/Gals,
I'm in DC with a newly minted CCL and we use Cali, Md. and Ma. rosters for our approved handguns. Other than threaded barrels and >10 round mags anything that makes it onto any one of those lists is ok. This usually defaults to Maryland since it is the broadest list. But very often a handguns by major makers make it onto Mass. roster quite some time before they get onto Maryland roster. For example P320 was on Mass roster months before Maryland roster, and M&P Shield M2.0 has been on Mass roster for a while and is not on Maryland Roster yet, and the fact that it is not submitted means at likely another three to six months, since there is a minimum 30 day comment period even after approval. We don't use your AG criteria, just your roster. EG a Shield 2.0 with normal trigger and no external safety is ok for non-LEO to buy new her by virtue of it being on Mass roster.

So any estimates based on history, informed guesses as to how long for Mass roster for the P365? Does Sig tend to submit their releases right away?

thanks!

Spoke with the folks at FSGUNS a couple of weeks ago and they said the MA compliant version with safety is coming in spring of 2019

Spoke with the folks at FSGUNS a couple of weeks ago and they said the MA compliant version with safety is coming in spring of 2019

Wow, another gun with an added safety that doesn't need one. I suppose the safety is better than a horrible trigger, but its a tough call.

I am not a fan of thumb safeties on duty pistols, and I particularly don't like them on designs that were intended not to have one. It is just more mechanical parts to break, and another thing to practice in the manual of arms, with no real advantage from the additional complexity.

This reminds me a bit of the Sig 320. It is a reasonably priced and decently made pistol, but I don't like the safety on the Mass versions, and the overall feel in the hand is meh. Or at least that is what I thought until I handled an X5. The X5 frame sits lower in the hand, and in my hands it is a big improvement. I really feel like the X5 framed P320 should have been the standard version.

And since the X5 is a competition version, it is approved on the target roster and does not require a safety. So maybe there will eventually be an X5 version of P365, and that will be the one I actually want. :)

That's true but the p320 was never approved without a thumb safety on the regular list.
Hmm. The list says P320 9mm. Period. That means from a list perspective the p320 is good. Period. TS or no TS does not impact the list.

The thumb safety is all about CMR 940 16, the AG consumer regs. That is up to the dealer to comply with.

So if the p320 meets the AG regs then it can be sold. The manufacture has a version they believe meets the AG regs and they market it that way. With an LCI and something to make it safe from five year olds and life is good.

Back
Top Bottom