ESEE KNIVES THREAD!

Great blade ain't she...

Who'd you get her from?

Good deal. They are my No. 1 go to supplier.
~Enbloc

I just ordered one of these from Tacticalintent.com for $84.95 shipped free. Online they are $97-$124. Best price I've found anywhere.
I've been debating on this or the Ontario RAT3, but for such a great price...I indulged!

iu

Came here to read the post, now I want to order one of these. Warranty sounds great, thanks.

Came here to read the post, now I want to order one of these. Warranty sounds great, thanks.

"No Questions Asked" warranty is a killer thing to have, especially if you intend to get your ESEE dirty...

~Enbloc

Santa must be monitoring my internet use - brought me an Esee-3 Sawtooth. Or one of you squealed on me...

The ESEE 3P-Sawtooth is an excellent blade and is suited for most camp and trail work. The "sawtooth" notches also make for a firm grip that can defeat wet/bloodied hands. Nice Christmas Knife!
It really is the "Right Size" fixed-blade...
TIK-ESEE-3P-SAWTOOTH-CB-2.jpg

46e59ca0-7a72-416d-8347-66c3897e2085._CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970__.jpg

Santa brought me an Esee machete and an LT Wright Pronghorn. Played with the Esee a little around the house, cuts thru 1 1/4-1 1/2” live maple like butter, wow! Really nice feel and lightweight.
3A4ACA7A-B031-47B7-932D-D3C90A12E654.jpeg

Last edited:
I Bought myself a 6 last winter, after a year if use, I have decided it is too big and too small at the same time. I also have a SS Mora Garberg, which fills the roll of general camp knife really well, so I wish I had gotten a Junglas. My birthday is around the corner, I may just have to treat myself.

@enbloc i said it once...
nice collection of esee's!
i'll say it again...nice collection! i forgot about this thread. i'm not buying knives right now so i don't troll the thread for fear of temptation, lol. matt, nice selection you have accumulated buddy. these are wonderful knives, i guess you figured that out as well.

as you know, i have the 3, gifted from a member here last year. i'm thrilled with it! i don't "rough house" with it but it does see some use. just to old and broken down to hit the trail if you know what i mean. me, not the knife, lol, just in case there was any confusion.

so, congrats on the esee collection. [thumbsup] any chance you could put up an esee family portrait sometime?

[pics] don't pay attention to the graphic, never had an opportunity to use it before. this is my excuse.

so, congrats on the esee collection. [thumbsup] any chance you could put up an esee family portrait sometime?

A good chance, yes Mr. Cobra. I now have a cell phone, and I'm told it takes photos. I will fumble through it and see if I can produce something. If it works and I can transfer that photo to a now 14-year old PC you will have them, but honestly, It may be easier for me to throw them in my truck and drive them to you... [rofl2]

We need a NES Knife Meet-up and that way we can put our mitts on blades we have never held before, and maybe someone can make a little side cash providing sharpening services.
Springtime is Knifetime! 🗡

Last edited:
Just bought the same knife for working on my Kubota tractor, with small frame tractor a rollover is always a possibility. I bought a SOG folder for cutting the seatbelt, then realized getting it out of my pocket with one hand is next to impossible, thus the beauty below. I wore it for the first time yesterday and found deploying it out of the leather sheath with one hand is 'you're effed' tight....gotta either swap for a Tupperware sheath or get the leather sheath I do have to loosen up a bit.

At lunch went to a popular take out spot down the street and I noticed people were social distancing from me a bit more than usual....[laugh]

Just added my next ESEE. The PR4!
The tumbled Black Oxide Spear-point is sexy and the sculptured Micarta scales feel awesome.
Also like that it has a 90-degree ground spine for ferro-rod work...

Got it on sale for $96.95 w/ free shipping at TacticalIntent.com

iu

ES-PR4BO.jpg

Not my photos. (Stolen from the internet...)

At lunch went to a popular take out spot down the street and I noticed people were social distancing from me a bit more than usual....[laugh]

I wear this as a boot knife, with white tube socks, combat boots and cami shorts...
1589561354394.png
I get more laughs than dates...

Does not seem Esee has a Tupperware sheath for the PR4, I‘ll find a work around, I hope...
If ESEE doesn't, there are other venders that do have kydex. I'll take a look and post back...

You could also retain the original leather sheath by incorporating a 2-inch, 2-sided Velcro strap that would go around your calf and through the belt loop for very short money until you find what you are looking for...

3 feet of 2-inch, double-sided velcro strap for $5.95
Black Double Sided Hook and Loop (2 Inch)
1589596143182.png

Here is a great thread on the ESEE Knife Forum that has a lot of great stuff on the Camp-Lore PR4.
Also, some reviews on Kydex sheaths, lots of reading...

The Camp-Lore PR4

The Armatus gets great review but is pricey...
(if you register with Armatus you can get a 10% new user discount on these $40-$55 dollar sheaths...

1589597439907.png1589597467691.png

Last edited:
Just added my next ESEE. The PR4!
The tumbled Black Oxide Spear-point is sexy and the sculptured Micarta scales feel awesome.
Also like that it has a 90-degree ground spine for ferro-rod work...

Got it on sale for $96.95 w/ free shipping at TacticalIntent.com

iu

ES-PR4BO.jpg

Not my photos. (Stolen from the internet...)
I loved the look of this but I kept getting hotspots from the handle.

Here is a great thread on the ESEE Knife Forum that has a lot of great stuff on the Camp-Lore PR4.
Also, some reviews on Kydex sheaths, lots of reading...

The Camp-Lore PR4

The Armatus gets great review but is pricey...
(if you register with Armatus you can get a 10% new user discount on these $40-$55 dollar sheaths...

View attachment 357495View attachment 357496
All my esee knives ride in an armatus!!!!
Can’t beat the quality!

I loved the look of this but I kept getting hotspots from the handle.
Those 'hotspots' are your hands forming to your knife and becoming an extension of yourself. Eventually, calluses will form, 'locking' the knife to your hand. [smile]

You could always replace the scales, and save them for future collectability (some day those scales, in like-new condition, will be worth more than you paid for the whole blade...)

The Knife Connection (TKC) makes beautiful replacements/upgrades that feel great in the hand...
Handles - ESEE Handles - ESEE PR4 - The Knife Connection
1591722383292.png
"Winter Forrest" with bow-drill divot...

I like, but it seems like the PR4 Armatus sheath sit horizontally on your belt (saw a U Tube video) does not conceal well , unless you but a drop adapter....I need to re-think this problem
They work well in small of the back scour carry position. I carry the izula appendix iwb with their adaptor Clip and the larger blades stay scout carry unless I’m mounting it to my kit.

They work well in small of the back scour carry position. I carry the izula appendix iwb with their adaptor Clip and the larger blades stay scout carry unless I’m mounting it to my kit.
Scout carry not scout lol

Back
Top Bottom