ESEE KNIVES THREAD!

enbloc

Life Member Emeritus
NES Life Member
NES Member
I just ordered one of these from Tacticalintent.com for $84.95 shipped free. Online they are $97-$124. Best price I've found anywhere.
I've been debating on this or the Ontario RAT3, but for such a great price...I indulged!

iu

What a wonderful knife and sheath system.

ESEE is all it's claimed to be, and when combined with a such a great price...unbeatable.
The fit and finish is excellent, the geometry of the blade and scales fit my medium-sized hands like a glove.
The Desert Tan color of this blade is awesome and not really "tan" at all. The micarta scales complement it perfectly.

I am so happy with this purchase and ESEE's Authorized Dealer TacticalIntent.com, that I am going went back for an Izula!

iu

Lightest boot knife I've ever carried...

Last edited:
I NEED this.

I just picked it up a couple of days ago and it is even better looking in hand.
The "sawtooth" cuts give the G10 handle a great grip that refuses to slip.
Picked the OD-Green sheath and it looks great. Coyote Brown would have been my 2nd choice.

I got it at Tactical Intent | Tactical Gear, Survival Gear & Knives for $94.95 with free shipping for the ESEE-4 (choice of Black, Coyote Brown and OD-green sheaths)
They also have the ESEE-3 with sawtooth G10 scales for $91.95 with free shipping. (same sheath color options)
Wicked fast shipper too...

~Matt

NOTE: Only the ESEE-3P comes with a crusher pommel, the 4P has a rounded tang.

Last edited:
Here's the ESEE 3P-Sawtooth w/ Coyote Brown and Black sheaths:

TIK-ESEE-3P-SAWTOOTH-CB-2.jpg

TIK-ESEE-3P-SAWTOOTH-BLK.jpg

I just picked it up a couple of days ago and it is even better looking in hand.
The "sawtooth" cuts give the G10 handle a great grip that refuses to slip.
Picked the OD-Green sheath and it looks great. Coyote Brown would have been my 2nd choice.

I got it at Tactical Intent | Tactical Gear, Survival Gear & Knives for $94.95 with free shipping for the ESEE-4 (choice of Black, Coyote Brown and OD-green sheaths)
They also have the ESEE-3 with sawtooth G10 scales for $91.95 with free shipping. (same sheath color options)
Wicked fast shipper too...

~Matt

NOTE: Only the ESEE-3P comes with a crusher pommel, the 4P has a rounded tang.
Already decided on coyote for sheath...cant decide between 3 or 4 tho......

I have the 3P pictured in the original post and love it. It's my first knife with micarta scales and it feels nice in the hand.
...But the 4P-Sawtooth for $3 bucks more is a no-brainer.
A thicker blade and it's only slightly longer than the 3, makes the 4 a perfect all-purpose knife.
Whereas the 3 is an excellent EDC if you want a fixed blade for daily carry... which I do.

~Matt

Already decided on coyote for sheath...cant decide between 3 or 4 tho......

I really like that color. I may just order the sheath only (at $17) in Coyote Brown for the Fall... [smile]

Last edited:
I just installed a set of TKC Izula Extended length scales in Mil Spec Camo.
They are G10 scales and made to extend the ESEE Izula by about an inch. They feel and look great.
The set I ordered was a prototype but fit perfectly and the knife is able to lock into the sheath correctly.
They are mint, and only cost $ 21.95 instead of $37.32 for the non-prototype scales.

Here is a stock photo of the scales on a black Izula, mine is OD Green and matches beautifully.
~Matt

TKC-Izula-EX-Handle-MSCG10.jpg

TKC-Izula-EX-Handle-alt1_mlc5-pt.jpg

TKC-Izula-EX-Handle-MSCG10-PT.jpg

Last edited:
Just added my next ESEE. The PR4!
The tumbled Black Oxide Spear-point is sexy and the sculptured Micarta scales feel awesome.
Also like that it has a 90-degree ground spine for ferro-rod work...

Got it on sale for $96.95 w/ free shipping at TacticalIntent.com

1635178912510.png
ES-PR4BO.jpg

Not my photos. (Stolen from the internet...)

Last edited:
Since starting this thread I have also received an ESEE Candiru and have ordered an ESEE-CM6 which is the 6" +/- Chestnut Mountain Proving Grounds Para-Survival X Tac knife with a sharpened swedge tip ideal for penetration. The CM6 is on order.
The Candiru is a classic neck knife so light you don't even know it is there. I have done a paracord herringbone wrap to it, and have been using it for a rigid (non-folder) boot knife that again is invisible to both the carrier and those around him/her.

As a "Knife Person", I do not limit myself to one knife for EDC. Instead I ALWAYS carry a dedicated pocket-clipped folder, a gentleman's penknife and a fixed blade.
I am never left wishing I had more...

~Matt

ESEE Candiru 2-inch "Neck & Boot" in Dark Earth
1587436994906.png

ESEE-CM6 "Chestnut Mountain Proving Grounds 6-inch"
ESEErccm6.jpg

Last edited:
Received my ESEE CM6 today and I really like the grip on it and the blade is some serious steel. The "green" Micarta scales are a very light green. I was hoping for a more forest green,
but I'm not complaining because there are a lot of upgrade scales available. One thing different about this purchase when compared to the other ESEEs I have made is this one did not come with the ESEE box. (which I like to store the knives in when not using) Tee ESEE forum says that TKC does this to save on shipping, which is free. In the scheme of things, I'm ok with it...

~Matt

UPDATE: The Knife Connection (TKC) is sending me out the box and decals at no cost to me! Very happy. They beat everyone's price by like $15, has free shipping and will mail a stupid box to a whiny complainer... [smile]

Here's the Email:

Hi Matt,
No worries. We're sending you a box and decals today.
If you want the box included in future orders, please request this in the comments box at checkout.
Warm Regards,
Ethan
Operations Manager
theknifeconnection.net

Last edited:
Received my ESEE CM6 today and I really like the grip on it and the blade is some serious steel. The "green" Micarta scales are a very light green. I was hoping for a more forest green,
but I'm not complaining because there are a lot of upgrade scales available. One thing different about this purchase when compared to the other ESEEs I have made is this one did not come with the ESEE box. (which I like to store the knives in when not using) Tee ESEE forum says that TKC does this to save on shipping, which is free. In the scheme of things, I'm ok with it...

~Matt

Is the swedge sharpened? The photo posted above looks a lot like there is a slight double edge.

Can you confirm this, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Also, where’d you pick it up?

Is the swedge sharpened? The photo posted above looks a lot like there is a slight double edge.

Can you confirm this, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Also, where’d you pick it up?

Yes the swedge has a very nice, sharp edge on it. The entire knife is beautifully made, sharpened and assembled. The black coating on the 1095 carbon steel is flawless. (not for long [smile])
This is like my sixth ESEE in under a year and I have nothing but good things to say.

The Knife Connection (TKC) has great customer service and the best prices around. They free ship on +$99 orders also...
TheKnifeConnection

One of the other great things they do is let you "Build A Knife". This means you can pick a knife (Like my ESEE CM6) and they have a blade only option and then you can pick out the scales that you want and they ship it to you "built" up. This saves you money! I am fond of their G10 and Micarta scales. Lots of colors and styles...

~Matt

I just ordered the ESEE 4HM a few days ago (before seeing this thread). It's similar to the 4 but with a more rounded/longer grip and no finger choil. You can get it either with a leather sheath or kydex (I went with kydex). This is my first ESEE, feels like a great knife and very sharp out of the box.

ESEE 4HM, Black Plain Edge, Modified Canvas Handles, Kydex Sheath

That is a nice knife. I like its size and the shape of the scales. It looks like it will be great at both general camp chores, skinning and a little lite butchering.
Also, not too big for an EDC or hiker companion...
Great Choice!
~Matt

ES-4HMK.jpg

ESEE 6HM 1.jpeg ESEE 6HM 2.JPG
They have a great looking Special Production ESEE 6HM over on the ESEE-Forum. $155 delivered.
It has the Black-Oxide blade like the the PR4 (which is great looking and durable) and a Micarta scale set with a grip pattern, and leather sheath. Looks nice.
Trying to be strong and RESIST!

ESEE FORUM GROUP BUY

Last edited:
Damn - I want their Gibson Axe and Pinch blades. Those look perfect for camping/hunting, given all the other carry knives I have.

Back
Top Bottom