• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Erik Wallin for RI AG

Hi Folks,

This is my first post, I saw the "contact your politician" section but this seemed more likely to been seen and its more of a "Make this guy your politician" post lol

I saw or CRALRI.com a thread about AG candidates in RI. Erik Wallin was briefly discussed and there was some uncertainty about is stance. I thought I would post his reply to my email asking him his opinions. Here is his unedited response:

"Rich,

I have spoken to many members within the firearms community both individually, including Jack Peters, Dennis Etchels and Mr. Dibiase and have also been regularly visiting firearms stores and sportsman's clubs. In fact, tonight I will be at Wallumn Lake. During these discussions and events I have expressed that 11-47-11(a) the "Chief Permits" clearly and unequivocally expresses a shall issue requirement. Upon being elected, I plan to convene a meeting of police chiefs to resolve the ongoing problem with the issuance of permits under 11-47-11(a). Specifically to emphasize that they need to complying with Mosby v. Devine and that I will not hesitate as Attorney General to, in the appropriate case, enter a legal brief in support of a wrongly denied applicant. I am also aware of the newer problem of police departments requiring a MH examination for which their is no requirement under RI Law. As Attorney General, I will no longer issue work restricted permits for work. That logic is absurd. Someone who meets the requirements to carry from 8-4 is perfectly suitable to carry 24 hours a day. I will also, upon showing of a permit issued from another state and verification of the same, issue one in reciprocity, after running an updated background check.

I am a member of the NRA and the Bradford Sportsman Club in Bradford RI. I am committed to protection our rights under the Second Amendment and Article 1 section 22 of the RI Constitution. I made comments to the same during TV interviews on channel 10 and other radio programs.

I hope this answers any questions.

Erik Wallin"

So, it seems as though we have a candidate who is one of us!!!

Back
Top Bottom