• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Eric Swalwell Has a Plan for Handguns Once AR-15's Are Confiscated

It's not that a Californian wants to disarm the rest of the country that's interesting, it's that other states like Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Montana, Kentucky, etc. are passing laws that re-iterating 2A.

It is a Consitutional Crisis combined with a lack of Civility in Discourse that hearkens back to the Slavery Debate. There will be a Secession, not clear if there will be blood.

There is something refreshing about a politician being honest about their goal....
But even this politician isn’t being honest...
“After confiscating “assault weapons” (which to the left is all semis)” then he will be after other guns” is a lie... he’s trying to get elected and/or rally the far left.... it’s real easy to have a plan for after somthing happens that will never happen.

If anyone other than Trump wins the election, I will drop a lot of money on gun manufacturer stocks that same night. I will probably have a 15-20% gain before the end of year.

But so far, I dont see how anyone else could win. At least as of right now, they all seem to be fighting on who can promise the stupidest sh*t.

Ban all guns
Confiscate all guns
Fix the world weather
Forgive all student debt
Social credits
Cure cancer

Edit - forgot to add:

- "Free" health care
- "Free" college
- universal income

Last edited:
The black vans stuff is still (and likely will be) just a phantasm. .gov is not going to throw its hand playing that stuff, and with all the other societal mindset disease going on, they might only have to wait out a generation or two to enact more bans/regulation/whatever, until they can get the public to suck for the "guns as nuclear weapons" type BS, etc. Creating a catalyst for political sea change WRT guns/gun rights at present day is not a smart move on their part. Even most of the antis have shifted to this strategy (outside of retards like this Swallwell character) most of the garbage they're pushing these days is on the margins, not the front door. ERPO, UBC, blah blah
blah... it's all a bunch of schloque that dovetails into a long game strategy by antis.

-Mike

They don’t have that kind of time. Europe will implode and the folly of disarming and embracing foreign invaders will be obvious.

They don’t have that kind of time. Europe will implode and the folly of disarming and embracing foreign invaders will be obvious.

Are you arguing that the black vans will have to come soon cuz they have to hurry up cuz islamofacism? [rofl]

I'm pretty sure that attempting to massively door to door law abiding citizens would be the start of something awful.

Sadly I think it depends on where they try it

Recall what happened in Watertown.....Boston Strong.....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CADaKfo3rCY

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFlcpYdZcPA

Yes, it will probably depend on where they try it initially.......only until the outsiders come in looking for enforcer scalps. Then its going to be game on. You'll not see any group of people shed a uniform faster. By then its already too late, lots of individual people and groups already have lists of names and addresses.

Democratic presidential candidate Eric Swalwell releases gun control plan
Rep. Eric Swalwell released an extensive gun violence prevention plan Monday that includes an assault-style rifle ban and buyback and new legal requirements for gun ownership.

Swalwell, a Democratic presidential candidate, has repeatedly said his presidential platform would be centered on gun violence prevention, and on Monday called for significant investments in mental health and safety programs. The plan does not go as far as some other Democratic gun control plans, such as Sen. Cory Booker's proposal, which would require potential gun owners to go through a process that includes an interview, passing a gun safety course and background check, and being fingerprinted.

Swalwell's plan calls for those who refuse to give up their assault rifles to be prosecuted unless they keep those guns at hunting lodges or shooting ranges. He also took aim at gun manufactures, saying the Protection for Lawful Commerce in Guns Act, a federal law that protects gun manufacturers from civil liability, should be repealed. Additionally, he said gun companies should be forced to stop manufacturing assault-style rifles.

You make me laugh. Several states have already passed these "Go time" laws and nearly zero has happened. Now don't get me wrong I wish what you say was true. I just know that it is not. And recent history (See above) supports this...

I agree with you, unfortunately.

Gun confiscation when it comes will be accomplished administratively. Want to keep your guns? Fine. Try feeding your family and paying your mortgage with an empty checking account, emptied the same way the IRS can empty it now if it so chooses.

Maybe it will be different in the Red states. I used to think a rural location would provide some protection from the excesses of government. However, the Bolsheviks toppled Russia by controlling just two cities, Moscow (Washington, DC) and Leningrad (New York). They were able to concentrate overwhelming force on rural Ukraine (the upper Midwest) which was unable to create military formations large enough for effective self defense.

The only way Federal tyranny can be resisted is at the State level. Resistance below the State level will be only a temporary nuisance.

Yes, it will probably depend on where they try it initially.......only until the outsiders come in looking for enforcer scalps. Then its going to be game on. You'll not see any group of people shed a uniform faster. By then its already too late, lots of individual people and groups already have lists of names and addresses.

I could also be convinced this is true. :)

I agree with you, unfortunately.

Gun confiscation when it comes will be accomplished administratively. Want to keep your guns? Fine. Try feeding your family and paying your mortgage with an empty checking account, emptied the same way the IRS can empty it now if it so chooses.

Maybe it will be different in the Red states. I used to think a rural location would provide some protection from the excesses of government. However, the Bolsheviks toppled Russia by controlling just two cities, Moscow (Washington, DC) and Leningrad (New York). They were able to concentrate overwhelming force on rural Ukraine (the upper Midwest) which was unable to create military formations large enough for effective self defense.

The only way Federal tyranny can be resisted is at the State level. Resistance below the State level will be only a temporary nuisance.
Interesting points you make.

I live in southeast NC, pretty rural. The whole county has something like 250k people. A county as large as Worcester county. I’m about 2 hours from Raleigh. Which is about the distance from Boston to UMass Amherst. NC is huge relative to MA. Or any of the New England states outside of Maine.

I often wonder and my friends and I discuss frequently, what would resistance look like? We worry about NC turning blue. As Charlotte and Raleigh continue huge population gains, they get bluer and bluer. We’re growing too, but not as fast. Something about living in a city turns your brain to mush. Sadly, we have a Democrat governor or else we’d already have constitutional carry. The last R gov was a corrupt douche bag and that’s why he lost. We’re hoping we kick this cooper guy out next election. But what if we don’t?

I agree with your administrative gun ban thought. That’s how they’ll do it because they’re cowards. But, that’ll also cause a civil war. For example. My grandmother had her account of 20k emptied out by the IRS for some bogus reason back in the 80s. I was a kid, but I remember my father being more pissed than I have ever seen anyone pissed. Ever. My folks ended up supporting her for something like 4 years because the IRS grabbed every SS deposit every month. My father often spoke of going to war. But he was alone. And would lose. And he had us kids.

If they, the IRS, the Feds, whomever, started grabbing bank accounts of gun owners, I think the war would start that day. I’ve actually built plans over the last 10 years for that eventuality. But unlike my father, I won’t be alone in my outrage.

But then, out here in the boonies of NC, what do we do? We’ve got lots of food. But energy is going to hard to come by.

Just some random thoughts. Your post raises a lot of good discussion items.

I agree with your administrative gun ban thought. That’s how they’ll do it because they’re cowards. But, that’ll also cause a civil war. For example. My grandmother had her account of 20k emptied out by the IRS for some bogus reason back in the 80s. I was a kid, but I remember my father being more pissed than I have ever seen anyone pissed. Ever. My folks ended up supporting her for something like 4 years because the IRS grabbed every SS deposit every month. My father often spoke of going to war. But he was alone. And would lose. And he had us kids.

This. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn had the answer. However it requires a large enough number of people willing to die to deter the enforcers of the tyranny.

Even then, as a resistance fighter you would still be relying on the humanity of your enemy not to take revenge on your children, a risky bet. The Bolsheviks were insanely cruel and creative. They relentlessly attacked the Russian Orthodox church, often cutting off the noses of RO priests then burying them alive. One of their tricks was burying the victim alive in a coffin with a decaying corpse, then digging them up again after a few hours. Then burying them alive again.

Honestly, if this hypothetical tyranny ever comes, it will take a truly courageous man to resist it.

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”........Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

This. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn had the answer. However it requires a large enough number of people willing to die to deter the enforcers of the tyranny.

Even then, as a resistance fighter you would still be relying on the humanity of your enemy not to take revenge on your children, a risky bet. The Bolsheviks were insanely cruel and creative. They relentlessly attacked the Russian Orthodox church, often cutting off the noses of RO priests then burying them alive. One of their tricks was burying the victim alive in a coffin with a decaying corpse, then digging them up again after a few hours. Then burying them alive again.

Honestly, if this hypothetical tyranny ever comes, it will take a truly courageous man to resist it.

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”........Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
It is important to know history. I haven’t read Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn in quite a long time. I have to fix that.

Compared to what they went through, we are in a slow boil. Temp being brought up gradually. To my eyes, they were boiled quickly.

I think it’s called recency bias. What ever is happening recently will continue to happen in the same way. And that what happened in the past isn’t applicable. I think almost all of us here know that to not be true. But the temperature isn’t going up fast enough to wake other up.

Other posters here have made various comments about trump losing. And what will happen if he does. I am maybe 40% sure a civil war will break out. But maybe I am too optimistic.

Posters here have said “hey! Blue states have already passed ‘go time’ laws and nothing has happened”. They are correct. People have debt. Debt from college, houses, vacations, cars, extravagant spending, have imprisoned them to a large extent. Debt makes people into slaves. Being in debt makes you a slave. I am your master. Pay up slave. Or face the full power of this Death Star.

But Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn was right. They didn’t love freedom enough. Or maybe he was wrong. They didn’t understand their freedom. They forsook their freedom. They thought it would never end. They thought it was just the way it is. But you and I both know that it’s not permanent. It has to be fought for daily. There are bad people in the world.

The cowardly British army beat the Bolsheviks to the punch and the Fuhrer as well. They established the first concentration camps in South Africa during the Boer Wars. Knowing that they stood no chance in combat against the well-trained Boer farmer-riflemen, they chose instead to kidnap and imprison the wives and children of those men to force them to surrender.

The cowardly British army beat the Bolsheviks to the punch and the Fuhrer as well. They established the first concentration camps in South Africa during the Boer Wars. Knowing that they stood no chance in combat against the well-trained Boer farmer-riflemen, they chose instead to kidnap and imprison the wives and children of those men to force them to surrender.

British war crimes - Wikipedia

As a further strategy, General Lord Kitchener ordered the creation of concentration camps - 45 for Afrikaners and 64 for Black Africans.

According to historian Thomas Pakenham, "In practice, the farms of Boer collaborators got burnt too - burnt by mistake by Tommies or in reprisal by the commandos. So Kitchener added a new twist to farm-burning. He decided that his soldiers should not only strip the farms of stock, but should take the families, too. Women and children would be concentrated in 'camps of refuge' along the railway line. In fact, these camps consisted of two kinds of civilians: genuine refugees - that is, the families of Boers who were helping the British, or at least keeping their oath of neutrality - and internees, the families of men who were still out on commando. The difference was crucial, for at first there were two different scales of rations: little enough in practice for the refugees, and a recklessly low scale for the internees."[14]

Of the 107,000 people interned in the camps, 27,927 Boer women and children died [15] as well as more than 14,000 Black Africans.[16]

Lots more unpleasant history at the link. F the UK.

That was one of the factors in my demoralizing realization that the UK and the USA aren't the white hats the way I was raised to believe.

Both countries have been used as pawns in a larger game. At best we're the grey hats.

The Boers' collective goose was cooked when gold and diamonds were discovered in Southern Africa. The people who really call the shots sent the British Army to take possession.

How can they take what they don't know is owned?

Thing is I like to take mine to the range and actually shoot it. If they ever enact a full confiscation ban, sure I'll keep my AR but I won't really be able to take it out and enjoy it without fear of being locked up. We must defend our 2nd Amendment rights!

Thing is I like to take mine to the range and actually shoot it. If they ever enact a full confiscation ban, sure I'll keep my AR but I won't really be able to take it out and enjoy it without fear of being locked up. We must defend our 2nd Amendment rights!
It sure as f*** will help keeping the home safe. At that point everyone will have to make their own decisions any way.

Yes, we must defend our 2A rights.......but you've already succumbed to fear. Unless and until you adopt a mindset that nothing and nobody is going to freely without retribution, violate your right, you're right will be terminated.

Interesting points you make.

I live in southeast NC, pretty rural. The whole county has something like 250k people. A county as large as Worcester county. I’m about 2 hours from Raleigh. Which is about the distance from Boston to UMass Amherst. NC is huge relative to MA. Or any of the New England states outside of Maine.

I often wonder and my friends and I discuss frequently, what would resistance look like? We worry about NC turning blue. As Charlotte and Raleigh continue huge population gains, they get bluer and bluer. We’re growing too, but not as fast. Something about living in a city turns your brain to mush. Sadly, we have a Democrat governor or else we’d already have constitutional carry. The last R gov was a corrupt douche bag and that’s why he lost. We’re hoping we kick this cooper guy out next election. But what if we don’t?

If they, the IRS, the Feds, whomever, started grabbing bank accounts of gun owners, I think the war would start that day. I’ve actually built plans over the last 10 years for that eventuality. But unlike my father, I won’t be alone in my outrage.

But then, out here in the boonies of NC, what do we do? We’ve got lots of food. But energy is going to hard to come by.

Just some random thoughts. Your post raises a lot of good discussion items.

Quite honestly, the country will turn bluer and bluer. Which is why having huge court wins for 2A is VITAL to the protection of our rights moving forward. Having a conservative majority for the next 10-15 years is also a plus. But 2-3 more pro-gun rulings that eviscerate the state restrictions would be some sort of awesome.

Then gun control becomes a moot point to the Left. It's a done deal. Bad guys have guns (and knives and clubs and bats and tree limbs and cars and. . . ). Good guys can easily obtain guns. Level playing field. The issue goes to the back burner.

TBF - the Left doesn't want it to be a back burner. Because once it does, you are sorta screwed when your only platform is "free stuff for this % of the population. The other % finally sees that's all you are about.

Quite honestly, the country will turn bluer and bluer. Which is why having huge court wins for 2A is VITAL to the protection of our rights moving forward. Having a conservative majority for the next 10-15 years is also a plus. But 2-3 more pro-gun rulings that eviscerate the state restrictions would be some sort of awesome.

Then gun control becomes a moot point to the Left. It's a done deal. Bad guys have guns (and knives and clubs and bats and tree limbs and cars and. . . ). Good guys can easily obtain guns. Level playing field. The issue goes to the back burner.

TBF - the Left doesn't want it to be a back burner. Because once it does, you are sorta screwed when your only platform is "free stuff for this % of the population. The other % finally sees that's all you are about.

Perhaps you should post while sober.

Back
Top Bottom