1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Eric Swalwell Has a Plan for Handguns Once AR-15's Are Confiscated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reptile, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Reptile

Reptile NES Member

During an appearance on CNN’s SE Cupp Unfiltered, Democrat presidential hopeful Eric Swalwell made clear he has a plan for handguns he will pursue after AR-15s are confiscated.
    Cupp began the segment on Saturday with Swalwell by telling him she appreciates the fact that he is one of the few leftist candidates who admits he plans to take away an entire category of firearms.

Cupp said: “You are the only candidate who is calling for a confiscation of guns. You say you want to ban and buy back every single assault weapon in America. You’ve touted Australia as a model of how gun confiscation works.”

She added, “Gun control advocates often say no one is coming to take your guns away, [but] you say, ‘Yes I am.’ And that is refreshingly honest.”

Swalwell contrasted himself with the rest of the Democrat field, saying: “Other candidates have called for an “assault weapons” ban, but they only want to ban future manufacturing, and future sales. And I think if you recognize that an “assault weapon” shouldn’t be made any more in America, why don’t you just get to the point where you say ‘Those that are here, shouldn’t be here.’ That’s where I”m at.”

Cupp pointed out that “assault weapons” are involved in “less that five percent of gun murders” in America. She then asked Swalwell why he is “stopping at ‘assault weapons’ …and not confiscating handguns, which account for the vast majority of gun deaths.”

Swalwell made clear he also has a plan for handguns, but he is focused on getting rid of “assault weapons” first.

Eric Swalwell Has a Plan for Handguns Once AR-15s Are Confiscated

2. Squire

Squire

He's an attention whore...

3. nutsym16

nutsym16 NES Member

There will be nobody alive to take the handguns away after they try to take the assault weapons.

4. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

I have a plan to win the Super Bowl single-handedly right after I win the World Series while getting my Cy Young, AL-MVP and batting title in the same year.

I appreciate he's taking focus off of the impossible task at hand in order to waste time on another.

5. new guy

new guy NES Member

Should I know who this guy is?

Super99Z and Wrench75 like this.
  6. 308rifleman

308rifleman

Down the rabbit hole, somewhere in Paradise.
    If Swalwell tries something that stupid, he will have signed his own death warrant. His family will likely be targeted as well. What a moron! Spouting off about "gun control" when he can't even control that big hole under his nose!

VTski4x4 and Nikos like this.
  7. crispnipz

crispnipz

Eric Swallowswell is a meme candidate whose campaign is so destitute that he uses pictures of his dog to beg for dollars on social media. Sad!

8. June4th

June4th NES Member

We should make a reality TV show filming Eric 'I've got legit nukes' Swalwell go on a door-to-door gun confiscation run.

9. crispnipz

crispnipz

Hi, my name's Eric, welcome to Jackass!

10. jpk

jpk

Darwin awards candidate......

Mountain likes this.
  11. Pete85

Pete85

He's the extremist to make many of the other lunatics look like a reasonable choice. Like when they propose a 20% tax to fund some worthless crap then drop it to 10% and claim that you're winning by paying that 10% to get nothing in return.

12. VetteGirlMA

VetteGirlMA NES Member

Sounds like my guns have a second purpose, to defend my life from criminals and as a check to Swawell.

Devils Paintbrush likes this.
  13. robjax

robjax

they are proposing criminalizing the innocent. Why isn't that behavior condemned and the perpetrator put in prison....

14. Emacs

Emacs

LOL yeah right. Imagine all the excuses we'd see. I want to fight and resist, but I have to pay for my kid's college. Or, I can't afford to lose my CDL, plumbing license, whatever.

There'd be lots of passive noncompliance, but 99.999% won't give up modern comforts to kill anyone over this.

Jason Flare likes this.
  15. LoginName

LoginName NES Member

When you're so far behind in the polls you can afford to say anything you want

16. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

How can they take what they don't know is owned?

BarnBuilder likes this.
  17. Glockster30

Glockster30 NES Member

Not really, he's polling less than 1%. [laugh]

18. one-eyed Jack

one-eyed Jack Manufacturer Dealer NES Member

This. Keep stocking up on "clean" guns. And ammo. Jack.

Koolmoose and BarnBuilder like this.
  19. StevieP

StevieP NES Member

He is literally insane to think this is an effective campaign strategy.

20. Uzi2

Uzi2 NES Member

Patriotic Americans have a plan to see that neither ARs or hanguns are confiscated. BYOBB.

xjma99 likes this.
  21. DarthT15

DarthT15

22. Uzi2

Uzi2 NES Member

Yup, if anyone starts going door to door confiscating guns, the likelyhood of them being shot is about 95+%

Another NOLA will not be tolerated again. Those enforcers who are standing by with their "murder boner" in hand just waiting for their moment of oppressive glory better think three times before they embark on such a fool's errand.

Devils Paintbrush likes this.
  23. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

They might get one episode out of it.

BBQ.Uncle likes this.
  24. Fishfinder

Fishfinder

What guns? I don't have no stinking guns. Off th the next house with you.
    Unless they have a search warrant there is no way they are coming into my house to search for guns.

25. Mountain

Mountain NES Member

III

Shark_Cage and Uzi2 like this.
  26. Nick Fury

Nick Fury

WTF is it with everyones obsession with this? Clearly this is not how it goes down. Lets look at how it really works ok?

Law gets passed making item possession illegal. Minority complies and 10% gets turned in. Now everyone else is now technically breaking the law. So going forward every traffic stop or domestic invoving these individuals nets all they possess and ends future ownership of anything forever. It's a war of attrition. The liberals favorite weapon...

27. Uzi2

Uzi2 NES Member

I guess we shall see just how many gov.org is willing to sacrifice. The war begins on the first day any foolish law like that goes onto effect. I think you severely underestimate the nationwide animosity that has been building up for decades against these types of constant threats by government officials towards the liberties of citizens in this country. I assure you it will be the last straw for millions.

If liberals are fighting a war of attrition, they're going to have a long wait ahead......if they don't get premature lead poisoning first.

28. Nick Fury

Nick Fury

You make me laugh. Several states have already passed these "Go time" laws and nearly zero has happened. Now don't get me wrong I wish what you say was true. I just know that it is not. And recent history (See above) supports this...

Grendizer138 likes this.
  29. Varmint

Varmint NES Member

Government can only do so much before large percentages of the public start to notice. They don’t know how far is too far until it happens. This is why Trump is on office, the left and government went too far.

Jason Flare and Mountain like this.
  30. Varmint

Varmint NES Member

It’s not the first day, and it’s not when you read about some guy far away who died when cops came for his guns. It’s when it hits home for enough people.

We’re not Australia. The only ones here who turn in guns are gang bangers who need the cash.

xjma99 likes this.