EPO vs. dirt bike rider (RI)

pupchow

NES Member

"A Department of Environmental Management Police Officer (EPO) shot at a dirt bike rider after being struck and injured by a man at the Big River Management Area in West Greenwich at about 12:30 PM Saturday."

Waiting for the bodycam footage...

That place was an absolute blast to take a 4x4 or dirtbike when I was a kid. Broke a lot of 2 and 4 wheeled vehicles there.

HUGE landgrab by eminent domain for a reservoir...then they never did the reservoir.

I don't understand the land grabs surrounding the reservoirs even when they do become an active water supply. Even in a place as wacky as California, I grew up enjoying fishing, canoeing, and even water skiing in the reservoirs. Worst case, non-powered boats (canoes, sailboats) are allowed and I can't think of any reservoirs that don't allow hiking around the perimeter. I can't believe that the Wachusett reservoir is mostly locked down. F-ing DCR's only mission is to hoard and protect Boston drinking water. They'd completely block all access to the Quabbin if they could.

If indeed the motorist drove his vehicle towards the officer and struck him , that is assault with a deadly weapon and responding as he did was not overreaching in my view. The perp was lucky he didn’t get plugged as he drove into him. You simply stop, and the most would have been a ticket or maybe even a warning. Now they will face jail time and have a permanent record. Idiots.

I'll reserve judgment till I get more info.
We had one here in MA. that shot an unarmed clammer in the back and put the guy in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.
I was kind of hard to claim the guy was a threat when there was a creek between them.
The clammer just didn't stop when he told him to so he dropped him.
It got swept under the rug and the d-bag did no jail time for it.

Have a funny story about a quad rider and an MEP Sgt with a brand new cruiser (not even a couple hundred miles on it yet), but neither party involved is retired yet, AFAIK.

I don't understand the land grabs surrounding the reservoirs even when they do become an active water supply. Even in a place as wacky as California, I grew up enjoying fishing, canoeing, and even water skiing in the reservoirs. Worst case, non-powered boats (canoes, sailboats) are allowed and I can't think of any reservoirs that don't allow hiking around the perimeter. I can't believe that the Wachusett reservoir is mostly locked down. F-ing DCR's only mission is to hoard and protect Boston drinking water. They'd completely block all access to the Quabbin if they could.
Good luck with that when all hell breaks loose. Worcesterites will take full control of all natural resources from Beacon Shill and close off 495 corridor.

Another article that looks like it was written by someone having a stroke. I can't even figure out what's going on so I can be righteously indignant online.

Another article that looks like it was written by someone having a stroke. I can't even figure out what's going on so I can be righteously indignant online.

It's far worse than that, the article has zero information whatsoever, other than the typical "LE authority PR department arrest ***shot" so basically the entire article is... in the
words of Scott Ferall... "...a large case of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING" [rofl]

-Mike

I don't understand the land grabs surrounding the reservoirs even when they do become an active water supply.

In a post 911 world, I am wondering if the rationale is that a bad guy could do very bad things, to a very large group of people, if they had access to the water supply for a large urban area.
It sounds like a movie plot, but I also wonder if it is something in the ISIS play book. Hell, it wouldn't even have to be fatal. Could you imagine the havoc if an entire metropolitan area was effected with a contaminant that caused projectile vomiting and explosive diarrhea? Or a brain eating bacteria that was hard to irradicate and not easily filtered out?

Or, they could just be joy hating dicks.

Good luck with that when all hell breaks loose. Worcesterites will take full control of all natural resources from Beacon Shill and close off 495 corridor.
In a post 911 world, I am wondering if the rationale is that a bad guy could do very bad things, to a very large group of people, if they had access to the water supply for a large urban area.
It sounds like a movie plot, but I also wonder if it is something in the ISIS play book. Hell, it wouldn't even have to be fatal. Could you imagine the havoc if an entire metropolitan area was effected with a contaminant that caused projectile vomiting and explosive diarrhea? Or a brain eating bacteria that was hard to irradicate and not easily filtered out?

Or, they could just be joy hating dicks.

Well, they are joy hating dicks. That goes with the leftist control 'we know better' mentality. However, I do agree there's going to be that post 911 element in play. Funny thing is even with the dedicated reservoir cops it's a joke if they think they can stop a motivated individual with evil intentions. If everyones' fantasy SHTF were to happen, once the 'boogaloo' begins Boston metro area is going to lose the northwestern upstream sources of clean water like djbradles mentions. Hell, the water may not even get to Worcester. IMHO the only way to really keep such resources safe is to a) keep out / get rid of the ISIS types and b) do not start a civil war.

The closing down of reservoirs is a time-honored tradition in the fair Commonwealth dating back over 100 years. At Quabbin, you can get a boat permit and a motored boat with a 25hp. At Assawompsett Complex, it's abutters-only and a 9.9hp restriction (even though the law SAYS same as Quabbin). I'm not sure about Quabbin, but there is NO contact with teh water at A/C. None. No kayak, no canoe, no piddle-board, no swimming. Because contact. But gasoline and motor oil is AOK. LOL

Now, here's the funny - all them restrictions to ensure that it's safe and de-9/11'd and such:

Rt 18/105 drives next to Assawompsett for a half-mile or more. Ditto for 140 and the old Norton Reservoir. So the claim of

A) Safety of the water system

and

B) Cleanliness of the water system

is complete bunk. BUNK! Hell, during the flood of 2009 (9? 10?), Rt 18/105 WAS Assawompsett Pond! The road was impassable. Forget run-off. The ROAD WAS IN THE POND. RIGHT NEAR THE PUMPING STATION!!!!!

If Mass wanted to, they could shut everyone out of every rezzi. But they have to do it COMPLETELY, all at once. Because there were other reservoirs with residences around them in the 1900's, the Commonwealth failed at their taking of the houses around Assawompsett. We got very secure rights to be there. But not rights TO the water. That is always tenuous.

But I concur - in most of the country, this is less of a big deal. And in this country - people were water-skiing on Assawompsett 40 years ago.

The closing down of reservoirs is a time-honored tradition in the fair Commonwealth dating back over 100 years. At Quabbin, you can get a boat permit and a motored boat with a 25hp. At Assawompsett Complex, it's abutters-only and a 9.9hp restriction (even though the law SAYS same as Quabbin). I'm not sure about Quabbin, but there is NO contact with teh water at A/C. None. No kayak, no canoe, no piddle-board, no swimming. Because contact. But gasoline and motor oil is AOK. LOL

Now, here's the funny - all them restrictions to ensure that it's safe and de-9/11'd and such:

Rt 18/105 drives next to Assawompsett for a half-mile or more. Ditto for 140 and the old Norton Reservoir. So the claim of

A) Safety of the water system

and

B) Cleanliness of the water system

is complete bunk. BUNK! Hell, during the flood of 2009 (9? 10?), Rt 18/105 WAS Assawompsett Pond! The road was impassable. Forget run-off. The ROAD WAS IN THE POND. RIGHT NEAR THE PUMPING STATION!!!!!

If Mass wanted to, they could shut everyone out of every rezzi. But they have to do it COMPLETELY, all at once. Because there were other reservoirs with residences around them in the 1900's, the Commonwealth failed at their taking of the houses around Assawompsett. We got very secure rights to be there. But not rights TO the water. That is always tenuous.

But I concur - in most of the country, this is less of a big deal. And in this country - people were water-skiing on Assawompsett 40 years ago.

If only they could bring back the MDC cops. We all know how effective and professional they were.

Watching North Woods Law last night. Told my teenage kid, "there you go, you should become an EPO, that looks like fun, riding an ATV all around"
She says "yea, and dealing with idiots at ever turn"
I guess she has a point.

I'll reserve judgment till I get more info.
We had one here in MA. that shot an unarmed clammer in the back and put the guy in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.
I was kind of hard to claim the guy was a threat when there was a creek between them.
The clammer just didn't stop when he told him to so he dropped him.
It got swept under the rug and the d-bag did no jail time for it.
Was it a Massachusetts Environmental Police Officer who shot the clammer or was it someone's tosspot brother who was appointed a Shellfish Constable at the town level who pulled the trigger?

Was it a Massachusetts Environmental Police Officer who shot the clammer or was it someone's tosspot brother who was appointed a Shellfish Constable at the town level who pulled the trigger?
Nope, an EPO
The last one I had a run in with, come to find out was turned down from five PD's because he couldn't pass the phyc eval.
If that gives you an idea of what's running around out there.

Back
Top Bottom