• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ephesian arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is not good news if true. i found them to be good guys. even if a bit overpriced, they were still better than one or two others i've been to in the area.

no not good have not seen any activity lately from them. gets you thinking about zero hour arms in Easton also re-hab open date long gone by no activity on sight and no feed back on new date.

Dude on the left had awful finger control.
Guy on right is Mike Skidmore - know him personally. He does not subscribe to the same views as Matt the owner of Ephesians. Wont go into it publicly but as far as I can determine he was not a cause of the issues at Ephesians.
Awhile ago there was some dust up about comments they made in a newspaper article, too...

eg, in reference to MA gun laws....

"Massachusetts does it right" and "it really should be looked at as a model for the rest of the country"

http://www.wickedlocal.com/article/20131006/NEWS/310069592/?Start=2

No wonder they went under....

- - - Updated - - -

Someone (ray?) mentioned tax issues. It's possible their move was poorly thought out and they ran out of money while trying to transition the business.... ? just WAG on my part.

-Mike
That was Matt - didn't get to abuse that position, didn't know him well enough
I do see that a tax lien was filed on them back on 09-03-15. Don't know what kind of tax or amount though, right now.
This is why they will not be reopening.

However, there will be a new shop opening. Mike is working it hard for next month. He may not be open with a large inventory but if what we have discussed happens there will be plenty of reasons to visit (frames, transfers, etc following the law)

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

I wish Four Seasons would open a shop on the south coast, this area is over due for a real gun shop.

Hmm, I've got a gun dealer that owes me ~$300 from a flubbed group buy 2 years ago, sounds like I should get after him before he goes under too.

Holy shit. Are you a zero interest bank? Get that shit resolved, go take something from his shop.

Not for me, Fall River is a place to drive by on your way to RT95

Then you've never had a Portuguese steak with egg and round fried potatoes at some of the awesome restaurants there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy on right is Mike Skidmore - know him personally. He does not subscribe to the same views as Matt the owner of Ephesians. Wont go into it publicly but as far as I can determine he was not a cause of the issues at Ephesians.

That was Matt - didn't get to abuse that position, didn't know him well enough

This is why they will not be reopening.

However, there will be a new shop opening. Mike is working it hard for next month. He may not be open with a large inventory but if what we have discussed happens there will be plenty of reasons to visit (frames, transfers, etc following the law)

Where is this new shop going to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rumor was somerset
Nope - this is a new shop not Ephesians reopening

Mike told me the address and I brain dumped the info

I will get all the info and start a new thread with the details as soon as I see Mike.

Come on, Sam's bakery well worth the trip. I could go there every weekend for the meat pies

So true, another great reason to visit Fall River. Best meat pies in the 'Riv. Although, I like their chourico pies even better than their meat pies.

We need to move this to the "Fall River Food" thread...

Overheard at the drive thru in Fall River.

Fish hamburger, skinny potatoes, black soda.

"Massachusetts does it right" and "it really should be looked at as a model for the rest of the country"

That statement alone, They can EABOD's and ****ing die. With that attitude alone why the hell should anyone that cares about firearms ownership even go there? Oh, I have issue with gun shop personnel that use the term "Weapon" in their common vernacular. It shows their lack of understanding the fact that words have meanings and some more perceived than others.

One of the many reasons I cut all ties with MA years ago and have never looked back

I love it how everybody bashes Ephesian Arms. No one has a clue to what went on in there. People saying we "dremeled" glocks try to do that it will never happen. In the begining we milled a lci, after we used a factory lci. As far as being shut down for criminal crimes you people need to get a life and stop rumors like that. Someone post the link here for the seized property auction on fb for ephesian arms. I worked there i know the truth and i know what is happening in the near future of this company. That is all.

I have been hearing all kinds of stuff about that shop. I live 5 houses down from the place and the only thing I can say was prices seemed a little high. other than that I have had fun going in and b.s ing with the people in the shop. last thing I came across the shop was going to be relocated over the bridge but who knows???

I love it how everybody bashes Ephesian Arms. No one has a clue to what went on in there. People saying we "dremeled" glocks try to do that it will never happen. In the begining we milled a lci, after we used a factory lci. As far as being shut down for criminal crimes you people need to get a life and stop rumors like that. Someone post the link here for the seized property auction on fb for ephesian arms. I worked there i know the truth and i know what is happening in the near future of this company. That is all.

Dupe

Was this modification approved by the attorney general's office?

In the begining we milled a lci, after we used a factory lci. As far as being shut down for criminal crimes you people need to get a life and stop rumors like that..

Is this shop the reason for the threatening letters and push against Glock to not distribute anything to MA?

Well? are they going to open or not? [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom