• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EoTech vs Aimpoint

The PRO bateries are NOT rated for 10 yrs. I believe its 30,000 hrs - almost 3.5 years. The instruction manual recommends replacing the batt on a 3-year schedule.

I believe some of Aimpoint's other sights' batteries are rated up to 80,000 hrs...

I got a 2MOA T1 from them (Rogtac) last week, shipped next day by Priority mail and had it by the weekend. GTG IMO. The T1 was ~$48 off with that coupon. I am seriously thinking of the PRO for another build now...

Edit: Oh, one thing I forgot to say though is they have a delay on shipping right now, looks like no shipping until the 11th, but still a good deal and you have until the 14th on the coupon to try stuff out this weekend.

Last edited:
Having used both, each has their own advantages and disadvantages. Just depends on your intended use. If I were going to war I would probably prefer the aimpoint. But that is my preference. But if you want magnification I would go with a regular scope. The aimpoint or eo + magnifier is too damn heavy in my mind.

Pick one bud, i find the PRO very enjoyable. the brightness adjustment on it great, very well constructed, and a great value. My brother Mike used one in the sandbox for years with great results, so that spoke volumes to me.

if you want to take a trip out to Berkshire county you can help me zero mine [wink]

I have an Aimpoint Comp M3 4MOA on My 11-87 SP Deer gun. I liked it so much I put a Aimpoint 7000L 4MOA on my Knight black powder and a Bushnell Trophy red dot on my AK.

Pick one bud, i find the PRO very enjoyable. the brightness adjustment on it great, very well constructed, and a great value. My brother Mike used one in the sandbox for years with great results, so that spoke volumes to me.

if you want to take a trip out to Berkshire county you can help me zero mine [wink]

Depending on how far away you are, I might.

I rather like Aimpoints. Battery life alone is worth the difference (30,000 hours on the pro!). When shooting an aimpoint (or any holographic sight), both eyes should be open, the red dot appears on the target. EOTechs are great as well, but I would have to give the nod to Aimpoint as a personal preference. The Aimpoint pro is a great deal. I have two Micros, and they are just awesome. I just purchased a Primary Arms micro to try out on a new build, well see how that goes but I hope it is as good as the hype.

I went with the Aimpoint because of the reviews, using some and finally the Group Buy on them. I plan on getting a Micro in the future moving a magnifier between my gun with the pro on it and the micro. One of the big reasons I went with aimpoint is because of what I read about the magnifier. Based on numerous reviews, the aimpoint is more clear when magnified than the eotech which can become grainy.

My biggest issue with the pro is the mount. The QRP2 is just bulky with the knob. I was going to post this elsewhere but maybe someone here has been able to figure this out. How do you get the knob off the QRP2? You cannot just back it off as I was hoping. I want to replace this with a washer and nut, to make it more low profile and stop getting hung up on my gear.

The coupon code for Rogtac is no longer working. Bummer.

On final checkout or earlier? Worked just fine for me with PRO & T1 just now up to payment. It only works on in stock Aimpoint sights, no accessories (as I understand it). I also had a cart hiccup first time I was looking to use it. After adding and removing a bunch of stuff, I had to clear cart and start over to fix.

I had thought aim point was holo as well? This means that if you are sighting off axis, it will be off due to parallax?

sent using tapatalk

On final checkout or earlier? Worked just fine for me with PRO & T1 just now up to payment. It only works on in stock Aimpoint sights, no accessories (as I understand it). I also had a cart hiccup first time I was looking to use it. After adding and removing a bunch of stuff, I had to clear cart and start over to fix.

Yeah nevermind. It works now. I must have done something wrong.

I just remembered I had these pictures from earlier this winter. Maybe they'll give you a better idea of what it looks like looking through an Eotech. Notice that regardless of the angle you look through, the reticle doesn't move.

20121219134803667.jpg

20121219134648170.jpg

20121219134740755.jpg

I've had an eotech exps3 and an aimpoint pro, I without question prefer the eotech. My eotech had lithium batteries and came with a QD mount so its not exactly apples to apples with the eotech you're looking at. The eotech reticle I also found way easier to get follow up shots back where I wanted them

I have an EOTech EXPS 3-2 and am very pleased with it. I can't compare it to an aimpoint since I don't own one but I do like the eotechs reticle.

I rather like Aimpoints. Battery life alone is worth the difference (30,000 hours on the pro!). When shooting an aimpoint (or any holographic sight), both eyes should be open, the red dot appears on the target. EOTechs are great as well, but I would have to give the nod to Aimpoint as a personal preference. The Aimpoint pro is a great deal. I have two Micros, and they are just awesome. I just purchased a Primary Arms micro to try out on a new build, well see how that goes but I hope it is as good as the hype.

Great point, I use both eyes and dont even flip the front cap, always leave it closed and it works great.

Back
Top Bottom