Eotech 557 and 4x Magnifier

After waiting nearly a year on a group buy my new toys finally arrived.

First up we have the eotech 557.AR223:

http://www.eotech-inc.com/product.php?id=8&cat=1

It is similar to the old 552 (AA batteries, night vision compatible) but has been designed for use with M-4 / AR-15 style rifles with a 7mm raised base to sit further forward on the upper, aiming reticle with 4 dots for 0-300m, 400m, 500m, and 600m, and buttons moved to the side to accommodate a magnifier.

Here it is next to the eotech 512 I just removed:

1.jpg

Rear view showing the hight difference and moved buttons:

2.jpg

Close up of the aiming reticle:

3.jpg

My other new toy is the 4xFTS magnifier.

http://www.eotech-inc.com/product.php?id=16&cat=1

Designed to work with all eotech sights this version is quick detachable and flip to the side easily to allow the use of the eotech without magnification or to use iron sights.

The magnifier:

4.jpg

Both installed on the AR-15:

5.jpg

Another view showing the magnifier flipped to the side:

6.jpg

Now I need to go find a good flip-up rear sight to add, and take the whole package to the range to zero in.

ETA: and no, I did not pay anywhere near MSRP for these.

Now I need to go find a good flip-up rear sight to add, and take the whole package to the range to zero in.

If you want some *cough* assistance in getting a nice zero, I may just be able to shoot that thing. [smile]

Nice, I'm still undecided on what I want to get wrt to scopes for my ARs. I've got some time. I don't plan to switch to a scope until I can successfully shoot Rifleman on an AQT.

I was looking at one of the Trijicon's that's a 1.25x-4x zoom lens. I forgot the model.

But the EOTechs are very nice too.

All these threads about AR's...

and the nifty doo-dads which go with them are driving me closer to the edge. [rolleyes] [thinking]

Nice set-up ya got there, MarkM. [grin]

I'm getting EBR fever here... [smile]

BAG day is coming. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom