• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Eotech 512. So... what's wrong with it?

It's probably to get you to browse their website. Marketing 101: get the customer in the door.

I think another question is: Why the hate towards Eotech? I don't have one, never used one, so I can't say, but I see some comments here and there about it that are pretty negative.

Aimpoint has it beat on battery life. But I really like the Eotech reticle. Pick your poison.

If you are in a life threatening situation at your local range with the deadly paper targets starring at you and you manage to shatter/break the glass on your Aimpoint from tactical survival dynamic movements then you are Ducked, your Aimpoint is dead weight.

Eotech on the other hand will function just fine with the shattered glass. You will still be able to see the red dot.

20c72c80_zpsc0a8297f.gif

damaged-HWS-reticleMedium_zps1f19e576.jpg

If you are in a life threatening situation at your local range with the deadly paper targets starring at you and you manage to shatter/break the glass on your Aimpoint from tactical survival dynamic movements then you are Ducked, your Aimpoint is dead weight.

If you manage to somehow kill something like a CompML2 or a PRO you pretty much should get a prize for doing it. If it fails somehow, that's what BUIS are for. [laugh]

ETA: This Aimpoint vs Eotech vs Whatever thing is more of a "taste test" of preferences than anything else... the only reliable advice is that the cheap stuff is junk and not in the same class of any of these.

-Mike

ETA: This Aimpoint vs Eotech vs Whatever thing is more of a "taste test" of preferences than anything else... the only reliable advice is that the cheap stuff is junk and not in the same class of any of these.

-Mike

+1

In a close quarters situation I'd go EOtech. I like the large reticle. It's very easy to find and makes for a big target. Longer range, I'd go with Aimpoint or another small moa dot. I find that EOtech's cover my target too much, where the Aimpoint put's a nice dot on my target. Buy them both and put them on different rifles.

Back
Top Bottom