EOPS List 9-2017

It’s incredibly annoying. With the Beretta 92/96 series (as well as other manufacturers’ offerings) they are essentially the exact same piece. One has a slightly diff slide. One has a rail, or the trigger guard has a diff contour, this ones black that ones silver. We need a list burning party on bacon hill.

The way the mfr submits the guns for approval is exactly how they get added to the List. If they submit SKU numbers, that is what get published.

So blame the stupidity where it is deserved . . . clueless mfrs. As an example: Identical guns, one shipped with a holster, the other one without . . . different SKUs for inventory control purposes. If they list by SKU, one can be sold in MA legally whereas the other one can't!

And yes, I have seen SKU numbers in the EOPS List.

Be sure to see all the Colts on the target roster. It took a lot of time,two year to me exact from my first meeting with the CEO at SHOT to get things moving. Glad they saw the light.

As far as 1911s go the more the merry, thanks Greg!

I have read some doubts on forums about the quality control at Colt in recent years, do you (or anyone else) have any insight?

I had one 30 years ago I wish I still had.

As far as 1911s go the more the merry, thanks Greg!

I have read some doubts on forums about the quality control at Colt in recent years, do you (or anyone else) have any insight?

I had one 30 years ago I wish I still had.

Colt quality is excellent. CNC machine made slides and frames with a great fit and finish.

Greg,
What would choose if it was between the Competition Model or the Gold Cup National Match? I don't compete but want a Colt!

Different sights and finish for sure. I handle a competition model at lunch and it seem very crisp and nice, but I prefer the classic bluing and sights on the National Match myself. Any shops on the North Shore have them in stock yet?

Different sights and finish for sure. I handle a competition model at lunch and it seem very crisp and nice, but I prefer the classic bluing and sights on the National Match myself. Any shops on the North Shore have them in stock yet?
Northeast Arms will probably be getting them soon. Steve has been drooling over them.

Greg,
What would choose if it was between the Competition Model or the Gold Cup National Match? I don't compete but want a Colt!

Hopefully, you will get some much more expert opinions about the differences between these models, but I will give you my experience with some older guns.

Historically, the Gold Cup models have differed from the standard 1911 blueprint in a number of ways. In particular, Gold Cups had a wide trigger, the barrel hoods were different, and the sears also had differences. So on older Gold Cups, if you wanted to replace the trigger or the barrel, you needed parts made specifically for a Gold Cup.

I do not know how they are making the new Gold Cups, but I saw that the features list includes "Wide Target Trigger." If they are using the same dimension triggers used on older Gold Cups, then the aftermarket options are very limited and standard parts will not fit. If you are considering a Gold Cup, I recommend investigating the parts compatibility and considering how that matter to your future plans.

I say all of the above as the owner of an older Gold Cup. It is nice, but I would not buy another one.

If you want a true target pistol, you can buy a quality base pistol and still afford quite a bit of gunsmithing for the same cost as Gold Cup. If you do it this way, you can choose the exact parts you want.

I am not saying that no one should buy a new Gold Cup, just that you should be sure about the exact parts and features that you are getting. I personally would rather have a customized 1911 built on the standard blueprint.

I'm really interested in a Colt Gold Cup 1911, but also probably more interest in a vintage model.
F-Springfield.

I've been bird dogging a bunch of Colt 1911 in super 38 on gunbroker.com hoping to find a series 70 mark IV, in my price range. I can finally start shopping locally for a new one. Anyone actually seen one in person yet?

I handled a 9mm competition model. Very nice compared to a couple of older 1911's I've owned (Colt and SA). Very tight with a very good trigger and positive, but not overly heavy, safety. I just don't care for the utilitarian finish and so I'm looking for a national match version for myself.

What is going on with the M2.0 .45? trying to apply logic to having the 9 and 40 tested but not the 45.

LE market demand first? Only the State Police use M&P45's in MA. But still an odd businesses decision. That is unless there is a warehouse full of unsold M&P4 1.0's in Springfield that S&W wants to dump on MA customers?

The new list has a typo where it renames the Springfield Armory PI9128L Range Officer as the “Ranger Officer.”

So, last night I get an email blast from FS advertising that they have the Springfield Armory “Ranger” in stock — talk about sticking to the letter of the law. [rolleyes]

I wouldn’t look for the state to correct that typo anytime soon, they still have not corrected the typo about one of the FNX-9 models.

Kind of makes you think the state doesn’t even take their own list seriously or they would hire a proof-reader. [laugh]

The new list has a typo where it renames the Springfield Armory PI9128L Range Officer as the “Ranger Officer.”

So, last night I get an email blast from FS advertising that they have the Springfield Armory “Ranger” in stock — talk about sticking to the letter of the law. [rolleyes]

I wouldn’t look for the state to correct that typo anytime soon, they still have not corrected the typo about one of the FNX-9 models.

Kind of makes you think the state doesn’t even take their own list seriously or they would hire a proof-reader. [laugh]

doubtful that the list is written by "gun people". it's the equivalent of me making a list of state approved makeup...there are going to be errors. [wink]

Again, if mfr specified the model wrong, that's what they get. EOPS wouldn't change it for 3-4 months regardless of who made the mistake. I've explained it before.

Springfields!!!!! Holy shit
EXTREMELY disappointed that SA did not put the 5.25"XD(M) on the Target Shooting roster. They went through all the BS to get the other guns on approved Firearms Roster when all they had to do to get the SD(M) 5.25 on the Target Roster was to fill in the forms. THe gun clearly qualifies.

was just looking at the list...anyone else notice that the armatix smart gun made the list?...i wonder if the batteries have to be approved since they could explode...i also wonder if there has been a single sale of one in the state

Back
Top Bottom