• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Eo-tech parts rattling around inside??

IMG_3904.jpg

Anyone ever seen this? I assume this is a part of the sight; not sure how anything could get in there... Cleaning up after a range trip last night and noticed a rattling noise in the upper. Thought it was a primer or carbon chunk or something stuck somewhere in the upper but couldn't find it. I was about to give up when I looked to verify the sight was off and I see this little guy just floating around in there! I've run eotechs for 10+ years and this one for 3 or 4 and never had a problem other than dead batteries...

Waiting on a email from customer service. [hmmm]

They have great CS. What model EO is that? I've never seen anything like that with an XPS model before.

Xp 2-0

- - - Updated - - -

The reply said sometimes bits get caught up by static during assembly and it may be an "extra" piece!

Well, less than a day after the problem, 12hrs after first contact with L3 the sight is boxed up and ready to hit the mail in the morning.

This went much smoother than I expected.

Warranty covered on a sight made in 2010. 2nd owner (I think).

Reps to L3 EOTech. [smile]

Same lock ring? Aren't you curious what it goes/went to?

Yup, pretty much the same ring.

It was my buddies, and the thing wouldn't adjust correctly and was shooting like 3 feet low @25 yards. He gave it to me and said "go nuts"

I was playing with it, when i heard a twang sound, and then that thing appeared in the glass. I took it apart, and it looks like its a little c-clip that locks into the adjustment rods. So i imagine my eotech is not drop resistant anymore, but I'm not going to war anytime soon so I'll live.

Good luck with yours!

Good to know. I wonder now if this really is an extra lockring in there. Last time I zeroed it was about 300rds ago and I pulled it out of the back Sunday and rang 10" steel at 100yds. Its never had a zero hold issue. It will be in Michigan by Friday so we'll see what they say.

"go nuts" Eh? Pretty bold for a $500 sight!

He was ready to toss it in the trash since i think he contacted eotech and they wouldn't fix it for one reason or another, not 100% sure on the details.

I will say, its like magic in there!

I have my Eotech back! Arrived 10DEC. So somewhere between 2 and 3 weeks from first contact to product returned. I only had to pay the freight out there. Top rung. "Apparently a c-clip popped off the WE shaft." They buffed up my glass for me, put in a new battery and sent along the allen-key bolt to attach to the rail. Of course I took that off and put the thumb screw back on.

Beauty.

Back
Top Bottom