Entering Maine

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Question for anyone who believes in this mandatory quarantine nonsense: how do you think that actually works? Do you get the full spread eagle on the side of the road? Do they cops wear hazmat suits while manhandling you? Where do they detain you for two weeks? What crime do they accuse you of? Do you get to call your lawyer?

This isn't the g-ddamn Soviet Union! Governors, police, etc can all advise you to self-quarantine, to leave the state, etc but they can't force you to do any of that.
It works how any other interaction with LE on public ways work: they pull you over and ask for license and registration, then write you a ticket for $1,000 per the Exec Order, and leave you to argue your case with a judge. Except this time, they probably have masks and gloves. Even if you have a good reason to travel, they don't want to hear it. You may win in court, or you may lose, but it's probably going to be a costly PIA either way. 37-B M.R.S. §742(1)(C)(8), from the Maine emergency management statute, allows the governor to declare a state of emergency and "[c]ontrol ingress and egress to and from a disaster area, the movement of persons within the area and the occupancy of premises therein."

They can't force you? For the keyboard commandos, when was the last time you failed to pull over for flashing blue lights? Are you willing to get into a gunfight on the side of the highway with state police? Do you think the news reports and videos of scared LE unloading their mags into civilians for what started as minor things that quickly escalated, or out of complete mistake sometimes, are fake?

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
It works how any other interaction with LE on public ways work: they pull you over and ask for license and registration, then write you a ticket for $1,000 per the Exec Order, and leave you to argue your case with a judge. Except this time, they probably have masks and gloves. Even if you have a good reason to travel, they don't want to hear it. You may win in court, or you may lose, but it's probably going to be a costly PIA either way. 37-B M.R.S. §742(1)(C)(8), from the Maine emergency management statute, allows the governor to declare a state of emergency and "[c]ontrol ingress and egress to and from a disaster area, the movement of persons within the area and the occupancy of premises therein."

They can't force you? For the keyboard commandos, when was the last time you failed to pull over for flashing blue lights? Are you willing to get into a gunfight on the side of the highway with state police? Do you think the news reports and videos of scared LE unloading their mags into civilians for what started as minor things that quickly escalated, or out of complete mistake sometimes, are fake?
Show me where in this executive order it says that out-of-state drivers will be detained for a 14 day quarantine.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So calling my Aunt a liar are you?
Is that what I said? No it isn’t. I said “Getting on board” and what that means is unless I hear more details I am going to think there is more to the story.

But you go ahead and take it personally because that is easier...

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I was thinking about a tax-evading, just over the NH border (I-95, Exit 1, Seabrook) supply run tomorrow or Tuesday. Wife smokes menthols and, if she were to run out, would probably kill me in my sleep after a day or two.... Anyway, so should I be good? I’d rather not wait another week.
Lol MA to NH is no problem, done that like 3 times in the past week. Including today.

-Mike

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I posted this in the sitrep thread but this is also happening in Connecticut. My aunt was pulled over by Star Police yesterday in Union,CT and told to turn around and go back to Mass. they followed her on Rt 84 to make sure she turned around.
I can't find any info on any kind of a CT travel ban, but was her destination in CT or elsewhere? It wouldn't surprise me if they
are going full retard, they are now sandwiched by the worst state in the US for ncov bullshit and the worst in new england (MA).

-Mike

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Just curious......do people really believe this shit?
Believe? Not quite. I'm in the camp along with John Ringo and his expose on transnational progressivism.

Would I put it past most elected officials to go past the constitution? Not at all.

This is a camel in the tent situation. Camels can't walk backwards. Even if Gov X means the best for the people now, and makes a rough call. That opens the door for Gov Y to walk through that door and take a shit on your pillow tomorrow. Or eat your underwear.

But what if Gov Y isn't a good camel?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Just add it to the list of why I own front/back dash cameras. By the way people seem to be adding additional language that isn’t even in the order which I don’t get.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a preview in Katrina. I don't remember the name, but there was a town that stationed its police at a bridge to prevent people from the next town over that had flooded from entering.
Jefferson Parish blocked the bridge that went into Orleans Parish for a short time. While questionable in a legal sense. Made pretty good common sense. Harry Lee was an 'interesting' sheriff. Say what you want, but he was generally well liked down here.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Is that what I said? No it isn’t. I said “Getting on board” and what that means is unless I hear more details I am going to think there is more to the story.

But you go ahead and take it personally because that is easier...
Whelp she’s 70 years old, drives a Honda Civic and was traveling in the middle lane of the highway. She said she saw the trooper right at the boarder and he pulled he over shortly there after. It was late morning and she didn’t think she was speeding.

Not sure what else to the story there would be. Even if she was speeding they shouldn’t have been able to tell her to get back to Mass, but they did. She said she was a little scared as she’s never been pulled over before so she just complied and turned around at the next off ramp.

Believe it or don’t believe it. Just passing on the interaction.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
What did the trooper say to her exactly? Was it "turn this car around right now or you're going to jail" or was it "ma'am I suggest you head back home"?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
What did the trooper say to her exactly? Was it "turn this car around right now or you're going to jail" or was it "ma'am I suggest you head back home"?
She said he walked up to her car and asked where she was going. She said to do some shopping. He said that she could do some shopping in Mass. He then told her to turn around at the next off ramp and to return to Mass, which she did. she also said that he followed her back to Mass until the boarder where he pulled into the center decide. He was probably waiting for the next Mass car he was going to target.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
what does one of these official pieces of paper look like?
I need to make one up
Since there is no official format for this permission slip, you can probably make up whatever you want. Say you are making a pickup of latex gloves from Vandalay Industries or something.

Alien

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
So if visit ktp I have to stay?
still unclear. The word “entering” is very broad.

i love my dad. But I can’t spend 2 weeks in Maine, I have a home and my family to support as well.
He lives with my sister and her family. But I need to give them a break for a couple of days Each week.
lots of nervous energy. Can’t sit still. Add moderate dementia and he can be trying.

I have been doing this for over a year. Its a routine he is used to. If I don’t come up he worries And anxiety ramps up.

i will be headed up tonight and if need be play dumb.
My dad is 91 and he is just like you describe. It's not their fault but it doesn't make it any easier on the care taker. I have been the only caregiver for my dad for the last 3 years, I wouldn't be comfortable leaving him alone just overnight. I haven't had a break in 3 years. I can appreciate your situation. Good luck and I hope you don't get hassled trying to do the right thing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in NH on Friday - took a drive up to the big lake to check on my family's house..

Lots of MA cars up there - hey, when you can't do anything else - right?

There seemed to be more traffic on the secondary (RT 25) roads up there than there was in MA. I can only attribute that to folks "living free"

Hopefully nothing will happen and I can get up there this weekend to open up.

Oh and Happy Ice Out Day!

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Another week, another. . . . but it's OK if the neighbors do this, right???? Knock a few trees down and force quarantine on them?

There are no easy answers to this situation. Short of allowing the prosecution of C19-positive people who left their home state for depraved indifference. Or a big-ass wall at the MA/RI/VT to CT/NY borders.

Top Bottom