Enough is ENOUGH!

I thought I just heard that NH elected a couple of Democrats? Unfortunately some of them with their extreme ideology spread like a disease and infect every state just some more than others.
It just goes to show you how many warped thinkers there are in this state that vote. To elect a person that wants to reward illegal immigrants for violating our laws with reduced tuition and drivers licenses and also it appears that he empathizes more with the criminal element instead of the victim is truly disgusting. I am no fan of the republicans but in this state or any state it is not a good thing to have all one party in charge.
Let us hope that he turns out to be not too bad but I'm not holding my breath.

Nope, I figure I'll contact the state Republican committee and see what can be done.

That's a good plan. If you are going to stay, stay and fight.

One thing is for sure... the Dems will go so wild over the next two years that I'm sure that we stand a good chance of getting some Republicans into office then.

As to the Dems, they have a razor thin majority in both Houses (if you mean nationally), so they will need to cooperate to some extent with the Republicans, including the President.

They wanted to be put in charge and now they are. They will have to come up with real plans, not slogans.

I hope this is a wake up call for the Republicans nationally to get back to being what won them so many votes in the past.

Gary

The thing that I noticed the most when I left, was that I didn't have to contend with bullies in positions of power in the same way I did in MA. That isn't to say that there are no bullies up here. It was the arbitrariness of which town you lived in, or if you were good buddies or connected dictating if you got a ALP permit was just a little too much. I think in many instances that that power went to their heads.

I remember getting a neutered one when I first got it, and then getting an upgrade on renewal. I had to endure some obnoxious LT in the PD give me a lecture, and tell me that he would pull it if he caught me carrying in a bar and drinking. It was in a real condescending tone and he talked to me like I was a prisoner and he was the jailer. I smiled at him and assured him that I wouldn't do that. All the time I was thinking how much I would like to tell him he should FO&D.

The whole state is like that in my experience. The 98 laws gave everyone a taste of what it was like to live in a town that wasn't green and the next round of emergency measures is sure to be BOHICA deja vu.

I feel bad for all of you that are stuck there. it was just a little too much to endure and I knew that there were greener pastures.

B

Derek,
If you end up in Rindge, go to the Rindge Pizza Haven to eat. The owners are old friends of mine and will treat you right.

Chris

Derek,
If you end up in Rindge, go to the Rindge Pizza Haven to eat. The owners are old friends of mine and will treat you right.

Chris

Chris
I love there Cheese w/Bacon it doesn't even need Extra Cheese ( and neither do I ) , I try to stop there when I am at F.P. , but My Daughter claims Enough is Enough , and want's to go somewhere else , anywhere else. [crying]

In the end,the Republicans got exactely what they deserved for abandoning thier principles in an effort to gain a few votes.
I said this about Healey when she said the 2nd was about hunting. The Second Amendment has long been part of the foundation of the GOP. I don't buy for a second that she was uninformed about the gun issue for this reason. [wink]

I thought I just heard that NH elected a couple of Democrats? Unfortunately some of them with their extreme ideology spread like a disease and infect every state just some more than others.
It just goes to show you how many warped thinkers there are in this state that vote. To elect a person that wants to reward illegal immigrants for violating our laws with reduced tuition and drivers licenses and also it appears that he empathizes more with the criminal element instead of the victim is truly disgusting. I am no fan of the republicans but in this state or any state it is not a good thing to have all one party in charge.
Let us hope that he turns out to be not too bad but I'm not holding my breath.
I have to point out what's been said by others - there is a difference between democrats in other states and democrats here in the People's Republic of Massachusetts. My husband moved down from Maine (temporarily!!) and couldn't understand why I was so dead-set against Democrats. Now that he's been in the state for four years or so he understands. We really can't taint all D's with the same brush that's tainted the Massachusetts D's.

Rog, I have you and my dingbat sister & her family... While I love my sister, she's a NUT. And I'm not sure just how much time my 16 year old niece will want to spend with her crazy Uncle Ross - she's a very pretty young lady and does have a boyfriend. Of course, I could take them both to the range...

But here in MA SWMBO & I have a pretty large circle of friends that we've made over the last 19-20 years. Plus there's my Lodge... and with all the new kids in the Lodge, they need a Past Master to show them the ropes (and I did commit to being Secretary until next September, and then I'll be teaching the new Secretary what to do for several months...)

And lastly, like I've been saying, the only way Mrs Dwarven1 is leaving her current job is feet-first. I don't even think she'll want to retire early; she'll hang on as long as she can because she loves it. So unless things change drastically for me, here is where I am and if I want it to change, I need to do something about it. First step was sending an email off to [email protected] last night. We'll see what response that brings.

Hell, maybe I'll hold my nose and sign on a Democrat (conservative variety) and work within the system. I DO agree with some planks in the Democratic platform, but by no means all of them. (in fact, there IS no party that I agree with 100% - I've done my research on that already)

Last edited:
I said this about Healey when she said the 2nd was about hunting. The Second Amendment has long been part of the foundation of the GOP. I don't buy for a second that she was uninformed about the gun issue for this reason. [wink]

I was talking more about nationally than locally.IE:pandering to the illegal aliens/Latino voter block.

While NH did just elect a bunch of Democrats I think that was mostly a protest vote against the Bush administration and not a long term change of direction for the state.

Whether the Democrats keep control of the state house, senate, and executive committee will depend a lot on what they do over the next two years. NH has to face the difficult situation regarding taxation that the court decision on education funding has given us, so it is almost a good thing as Democrats will get blamed for talking taxes and the Republicans should regain a majority in two years.

Down in my part of NH the voters still voted Republican enough to send 13 Republicans and 0 Democrats to the state house.

I honestly have been fighting it for some time now. Last night was basically the straw that broke the camels back. If I don't move to NH next summer I will end up back in Minnesota in another year. I want to stay in this area, I just need to move to a state where my vote will actually count. I'm literally only moving 10 miles north.

This state will never go back to a two party state. The dems finally have what they want. There will be an influx of non-working dems that will only increase their voting base even more. The local state house and senate are out of control. BAN this and BAN that. "What the voters voted for this? No, no they don't know any better, we know what's best for them"

I just can't take the abuse of power anymore.

I will still keep my GOAL membership and I will still contribute more money to MA conservatives that will help this state, but IMO it's a sinking ship.

Life is too short, I've been here for 7 years and this state has done nothing but go down hill. I know enough friends who don't live in Mass who absolutely enjoy freedom, right now I can only look and be jealous...

Derek, I've lived here all my life (nearly 49 years now), and I couldn't have put it any better. While I'm still stuck here, I'll still be the 2nd Amendment warrior that I've been since becoming a gun owner. That being said, as soon as I'm able to, I can't take this state anymore and we'll be out of here. It'll never change and from the looks of it, it's only going to slowly but surely get worse. I'm already suffering from battle fatigue, but I'll keep fighting while here.

Back
Top Bottom