Enough is ENOUGH!

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
OK, damnit... enough is ENOUGH!

You're all still alive and nothing has changed from yesterday except for what will happen in TWO MONTHS. So you have two months to start writing & calling your current rep and make DAMNED sure s/he knows how you feel about gun laws, etc.

Everybody enjoyed their little wallow in self pity? Hmm? Good... now stop whining and let's start working out how to survive the next 4 years.

I'm a realist Ross. Every single democratic incumbant won almost two to one last night. This state has now almost a 90% democratic government. There comes a time when you have to look at the facts with what our future holds.

1. Higher Taxes
2. More socialized free money programs to those who refuse to work
3. A lot more illegals
4. Higher crime rate
5. Crowded emergency rooms
6. A state government that thinks only LEO's should have guns
7. Judges who are soft on "REPEAT" violent criminals

The writing is on the wall. I know for some of you moving just isn't a real option, but I've only been here since 1999 and I have no family here other than my two boys.

The lease on my Condo is up in June, that will be my last month as a Commiechusetts subject. I am moving to a state where the constitution is respected, criminals are punished, and taxes are low...

I'm a realist Ross. Every single democratic incumbant won almost two to one last night. This state has now almost a 90% democratic government. There comes a time when you have to look at the facts with what our future holds.

1. Higher Taxes
3. A lot more illegals
4. Higher crime rate

The writing is on the wall. I know for some of you moving just isn't a real option, but I've only been here since 1999 and I have no family here other than my two boys.

The lease on my Condo is up in June, that will be my last month as a Commiechusetts subject. I am moving to a state where the constitution is respected, criminals are punished, and taxes are low...

Yeah I think you guys are farked. Come on up to NH. We've got plenty of room. [wink]

1. Higher Taxes
3. A lot more illegals
4. Higher crime rate

Dukakis, Part II [angry]
Revenge of the liberals - There are no more bitter and vengeful people than leftist liberals.

TBP

Last edited:
Ross is right, we can do a lot to prevent any further erosion of our rights!

Derek is also right, for those with no deep roots here or that work within commuting distance of NH, moving across the line is always a viable option.

Not sure where I fit right now, but I'm going to continue fighting like hell as long as I'm here. I'll also look North (as much as I hate the cold) once I settle a family estate here.

I'll also look North (as much as I hate the cold)

Does it automatically get 20 degrees colder once you cross the border??

No-one warned me about that!!

Although I did see my first snow of the season last weekend, only for about 10 mins though.

Unfortunately, Derek, my wife's career is in Cambridge - the only way she's leaving her company is feet first. Plus, we've been living here for 19-20 years... I have a ton of friends here, my Lodge is here (and as Secretary I can't even THINK about moving while I'm in that office). I know exactly two people in NH... so that's not realistic for me.

So my only real option is stay & fight. I don't want to rip up the roots I've spent 19 years establishing... I did that once already and don't really want to do it again. Damned if I'm going down without a fight, though.

Unfortunately, Derek, my wife's career is in Cambridge - the only way she's leaving her company is feet first. Plus, we've been living here for 19-20 years... I have a ton of friends here, my Lodge is here (and as Secretary I can't even THINK about moving while I'm in that office). I know exactly two people in NH... so that's not realistic for me.

So my only real option is stay & fight. I don't want to rip up the roots I've spent 19 years establishing... I did that once already and don't really want to do it again. Damned if I'm going down without a fight, though.

I completely understand people like you in your situation. There are many in this forum that have the same issues.

I will continue to help out the MA gun owners where ever I can after I move to NH.

I feel for you buddy. [sad2]

1. Higher Taxes
3. A lot more illegals
4. Higher crime rate

Will most of this stuff really happen though?

My taxes are pretty high as is stands and I cant argue with that one. But the more illegals, crime rate, crowded emergency rooms, and LEOs only stuff I have issue with.

Illegals in this state from my knowledge are an issue but we aren't near any heavy border zones like California or Arizona etc, where the problem is at the extreme.

People will always refuse to work no matter who is in charge.

Crime rate? I'm next to Holyoke and Springfield...I'm packing daily.

Emergency rooms are always crowsed in my part of the state, despite who is in charge. Closer to Boston they are not, in fact our local paper ran an article about the overcrowding and misappropriation of funding out here two weeks ago. If anything I would think it can only get better.

LEO's with guns only? I doubt it. Look at the stink the Police Chiefs put up for Healey, I dont think they would allow or be non vocal if suddenly the state decided to take away the very thing they were complaining about. My town is also very gun friendly. Super green if anything.

Judges who are soft on "REPEAT" violent criminals, will still be soft on repeat criminals. We dont exactly have hardline judges in this state anyway, remember all the posts about NH complaining about how leinent Mass is on criminals? That happened while the Democrats were not in power.

I'm, just not feeling the Democrat hate or anxiety other than the newer gun laws which may come into place in 6 months or so.

Dont get me wrong, I do forsee some changes in the future, but I'm not at the point to cut and run.

Last edited by a moderator:
clinotus,

My point on the increase crime and crowded ER's is a direct result from the soon to be influx of illegals. Once MA starts to offer drivers licenses and free college money to them they will come. All you have to do is spend one day in the ER in southern CA and you will know what I'm talking about. Not to mention that most of the felony warrants in CA are from Illegals.

They literally are passing out maps to Massachusetts on the Mexican border. This was before Deval was elected. All of this stuff is not going to happen overnight, but if you put the carrot out there they WILL come...

Judges who are soft on "REPEAT" violent criminals, will still be soft on repeat criminals. We dont exactly have hardline judges in this state anyway, remember all the posts about NH complaining about how leinent Mass is on criminals? That happened while the Democrats were not in power.

This only confirms my point. If it was bad with an R in the front office it will only get worse.

Why would the NRA - or any other entity - pour money where it can expect no return on its investment? [slap]

This state voted better than 2 - 1 for virulent anti-firearms rights candidates like Kennedy, Patrick and Coakley. Yes, much of that is due to the Republican party's utter failure to provide quality candidates, or even any who will actually serve the full term elected to (Weld, Cellucci, Romney), but even a "holding action" seems beyond hope with those poll results.

The NRA helps GOAL, helps with range design, etc., and with voter alerts, which is about all it can reasonably be expected to do under these circumstances. It will put its resources into those states where the vote is CLOSE and its support may well make the difference between a pro-gun or an anti-gun candidate taking office. It will not waste funds on candidates who can't get even one-third of the vote - nor should it.

We have to help ourselves just get to the point where others will consider helping us.[angry]

If you aren't part of the solution... you are part of the problem. It's up to all of us collectively to make change. Posting on this board is not helping us... it's what we do with our friends and communities.

clinotus,

My point on the increase crime and crowded ER's is a direct result from the soon to be influx of illegals.

There are plenty of home grown crooks and the ERs are packed because of a lot of issues, of which illegals are only a small part.

Ross, I know a number of people who live in NH and commute to Boston. As far as time goes, there are some places where the commute is as fast as places in MA.

Gary

Yeah, good. Everybody moved to NH so that I can finally afford to by a house around here.

Moving to NH is not an option for me either. Got school, work ... and yes, generally going north does mean colder weather along with more snow. Although I am not a city boy, I do enjoy being able to go grab Vietnamese, Cambodian, Thai, Japanese, Chinese .... Middle Eastern, European ... Ethiopian .. whatever tickles my fancy when it tickles my fancy. NYC is too big city-ish and NH is borderline too rural. Boston and it's surrounding areas seems like a perfect mix. It's kinda hard to give that up, especailly when it's only for gun laws. And don't fool yourselves. You may not pay sales tax and whatnot, but it catches up to you with NH's real estate tax. (Guess you're alright if you rent)

Come one, dwarven1, everybody was getting their kvetch on. (It was getting to me too )

I think you guys are giving up too easily... and I'm a democrat!

Rally the hell out of your troops, petition the Democratic gov't on every single thing it does. They are clearly misinformed about guns -- so educate them. Get them to come around to your side. Attack the most egregiously untrue things there are (e.g. legal handguns = more crime) and then go from there.

Win them over!

70% of the state is liberal and that margin is growing everyday. [thinking]
Most liberals don't know anything about guns, but many know they don't like them. Often they don't like them because, say, Ted Kennedy doesn't like them. Ted Kennedy might have reasons of his own for not liking them, and they aren't necessarily going to be valid. Something of an understatement, I know [wink]

Being a liberal doesn't mean being anti-gun, though obviously a lot of people do swing that way. Sites like this try and get some grass-roots stuff going where they get anti-gun Dems to change their position. More often than not the Dems in question are only anti-gun because groups like Brady get their ears before anyone else, and the NRA and GOAL never end up bothering them.

Sure, y'all in Mass. have your work cut out for you, but I don't think it's worth packing up and leaving just yet. Give it a shot, you might be pleasantly surprised!

I'm right on the RI border, so running to NH is not an option for me and moving to RI just gives me more of the same issues. Just in a different state. I'm staying for the same reasons as Ross, but I'll be keeping a close watch on what happens on Beacon Hill.

Whenever these types of posts start, there are always points about fighting it by calling, writing, emailing you legislators. I've done all of those and most times I never hear back and if I do it's some type of form letter writting by an aid or some other low level associate that basically is telling me to "F" off, but in a very polite and condescending way.

There has to be something better, but I'll be damned if I know what that is.

Stay and fight ? Screw that.

MA isn't a state worth fighting for IMO.There is nothing good about this state except for the history.

Once I get a car I can reliably commute in,I'm going North.Besides,there aren't any mountains around here to go snowboarding on.:)

In the end,the Republicans got exactely what they deserved for abandoning thier principles in an effort to gain a few votes.

Most liberals don't know anything about guns, but many know they don't like them. Often they don't like them because, say, Ted Kennedy doesn't like them. Ted Kennedy might have reasons of his own for not liking them, and they aren't necessarily going to be valid. Something of an understatement, I know [wink]

Being a liberal doesn't mean being anti-gun, though obviously a lot of people do swing that way. Sites like this try and get some grass-roots stuff going where they get anti-gun Dems to change their position. More often than not the Dems in question are only anti-gun because groups like Brady get their ears before anyone else, and the NRA and GOAL never end up bothering them.

Sure, y'all in Mass. have your work cut out for you, but I don't think it's worth packing up and leaving just yet. Give it a shot, you might be pleasantly surprised!

Well said.

I come from a free state and I'm going back to a free state.

I understand.... I do. However... if we all get up an leave MA... MA will go the way of the liberals and we will be another NY, CA. Once the the antis get a strong presence on MA, MD, NY, IL, CA do you really think it will stop there?? No way. You are just running from the inevitable problem. Not you personally but hopefully you know what I mean. I've many times thought of just throwing in the towel here but I know it's not the long term answer. I hope you stay and help us but I understand..... these are tough choices.

You must be new here, most times I just get criticised [wink]

Not sure why... but your post was clear and accurate. Although I many times stereotype libs and dems it's not always the case that they are anti gun. I know this first hand. The most important point you make is that most are ill informed... I've said it before but collectively we need to do our best to introduce "guns" and shooting sports to others whenever possible. Most "reasonable" people will understand that guns in the hands of law abiding citizens is not a bad thing. More importantly we NEED to help people understand that the silly ass laws that the antis propose only hurt law abiding citizens and do NOTHING to deter the real problem. That is our challenge and the key to our future... it really has nothing to do with party affiliation... other than the fact that most liberals ARE anti. [wink]

I understand.... I do. However... if we all get up an leave MA... MA will go the way of the liberals and we will be another NY, CA. Once the the antis get a strong presence on MA, MD, NY, IL, CA do you really think it will stop there?? No way. You are just running from the inevitable problem. Not you personally but hopefully you know what I mean. I've many times thought of just throwing in the towel here but I know it's not the long term answer. I hope you stay and help us but I understand..... these are tough choices.

I honestly have been fighting it for some time now. Last night was basically the straw that broke the camels back. If I don't move to NH next summer I will end up back in Minnesota in another year. I want to stay in this area, I just need to move to a state where my vote will actually count. I'm literally only moving 10 miles north.

This state will never go back to a two party state. The dems finally have what they want. There will be an influx of non-working dems that will only increase their voting base even more. The local state house and senate are out of control. BAN this and BAN that. "What the voters voted for this? No, no they don't know any better, we know what's best for them"

I just can't take the abuse of power anymore.

I will still keep my GOAL membership and I will still contribute more money to MA conservatives that will help this state, but IMO it's a sinking ship.

Life is too short, I've been here for 7 years and this state has done nothing but go down hill. I know enough friends who don't live in Mass who absolutely enjoy freedom, right now I can only look and be jealous...

There are plenty of home grown crooks and the ERs are packed because of a lot of issues, of which illegals are only a small part.

Ross, I know a number of people who live in NH and commute to Boston. As far as time goes, there are some places where the commute is as fast as places in MA.

Gary
Gary, read the rest of my post - I'm not commuting from NH to Worcester for work, then to Grafton for Lodge. My friends are here in MA, and I'm not ready to move away from all them and start over again trying to make new friends.

Nope, I figure I'll contact the state Republican committee and see what can be done. One thing is for sure... the Dems will go so wild over the next two years that I'm sure that we stand a good chance of getting some Republicans into office then.

Back
Top Bottom