• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Engraving?

NH Phantom

NES Member
I have 2 suppressors pending. I see folks on here talking about having engraving done. Is this a requirement on NFA items? I’m in NH if that makes a difference.

Certain information is required to be engraved on every firearm sold. That information includes manufacturer, city/state, model #, and serial number. Most of the time that's not a factor, as that information is already there.

Additional engraving is only required on an NFA item you make. i.e. for which you submit an ATF Form 5320.1, AKA Form 1, Application to Make and Register a Firearm. So, if you make an AR15 SBR, or make your own suppressor, you have to add the Maker's (you) name and city/state engraved on the firearm.

If you transfer an NFA item from an individual or dealer, on an ATF Form 5320.4, AKA Form 4, then the NFA item being transferred (in your case, two cans) already has the appropriate information engraved on it. No further action is required on your part.

Back
Top Bottom