• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Engraving suggestions for family of AR15's

Ahh, werd. Well I'm subscribed to see the outcome. [grin]

+1

Well, this may take a while.
3 rifles = $$$$

I'm gathering parts gradually.
Today I got 2 CAA 2 grips.

I still need all 3 lower parts kits and entire uppers as well as stocks.

No hurry, haha, I'm not going anywhere!

Quick and horrible photochop of a possible color combo
11bn3o9.jpg

I like the Aadams Family credo (even if it is mock-Latin):

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

"We gladly feast on those who would subdue us"

How about:

"ontday uckfay ithway imay amilyfay"

[wink]
[rofl] I like it.

I'm planning on ordering another Anvil Arms lower with the Square & Compasses etched onto it, with the caption "Freedom, Fervency & Zeal".

Sorry, I can't explain that - unless you're a Mason, and then you know already. [wink]

I really don't think engraving on a firearm is any different than engraving on anything else.

There you go expecting gun laws to make sense. I think there may be issues with doing it for hire without an FFL. A quick google found somebody thought so, but nothing that convinced me either way.

There you go expecting gun laws to make sense. I think there may be issues with doing it for hire without an FFL. A quick google found somebody thought so, but nothing that convinced me either way.

I was really speaking more to the actual act of engraving rather than the laws.
I found an engraving in Boston who happens to have his FID.

ATF says:
(I1) Is a license needed to engage in the business of engraving, customizing, refinishing or repairing firearms? [Back]

Yes. A person conducting such activities as a business is considered to be a gunsmith within the definition of a dealer.

Though the law says:
(d) Gunsmith. A person who devotes time, attention, and labor to engaging in such activity as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit, but such a term shall not include a person who makes occasional repairs of firearms or who occasionally fits special barrels, stocks, or trigger mechanisms to firearms;

Sounds like he can do a few for you, but if he makes it a part of his business, he needs an FFL.

Back
Top Bottom