• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Enfield muzzle

M1966

NES Member
Will this affect accuracy? Is there a way to correct a rough muzzle without counterboring?

Attachments

• 20200502_141549.jpg
    20200502_141549.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200502_141536.jpg
    20200502_141536.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 10
You can buy the tool but I don't know if any of the pilots are big enough for that bore size. If you're not a complete klutz, do it yourself with a file, a round head brass screw and some valve grinding compound. If I can do it, it must be pretty easy.

Clean it up and shoot it. If your getting anything south of 6 MOA i would leave it.
The crown from the pics is not terrible , the outer muzzle looks bad but thats just looks.
If there is no value to it you can use one of these to dress up the crown. You can clean up the inner crown a bit and see how it looks.

Is the bore anygood?
You can take it a step up

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MOlxPdnbww

Last edited:
You can buy the tool but I don't know if any of the pilots are big enough for that bore size. If you're not a complete klutz, do it yourself with a file, a round head brass screw and some valve grinding compound. If I can do it, it must be pretty easy.
I've had very good luck with this. A half round brass screw chucked into your drill. Load with valve lapping (coarse) and use small figure 8's . Works great!

Back
Top Bottom