• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Employment gun advice

So after four months, I am employed again, and will no longer be living off of Massachusetts working employees! [grin]

And it's in NH, so I get a 5.15% pay bump, and won't be subsidizing the likes of Linskey, Creem, and Chang-Diaz! [party]

But the commute will be brutal. Nashua exit 1 to Merrimack exit 10 (or possibly manchester exit 5) [devil]
Hey, I was commuting from nashua to Newton in my last job, give me a break!

So I dont actaully need a gun for the job, I want to buy a gun because I am now employed again! [banana]

So I am thinking of getting an XDM 3.8 compact, to supplement my existing XDM, but was also thinking of an "in the woods" sidearm like an LCRX 3" (for NH/VT archery season). Or maybe wait for the P220 in 10mm? A 629 in 44 magnum? Something in .40 for USPSA? Replace the Hi power I sold? PPK/S in 22lR? Or just buy a bunch of ammo or reloading equipment?

I spent too much time in MA, I need others to make decisions for me. [laugh] Help me NES, you're my only hope!

Do you already own a rifle, shotgun, and self defense handgun? IMO guns are tools. Your toolbox needs:

Shotgun 12 or 20 cuz the ammo is available for those
Semi auto 5.56 or ak
Self defense handgun
Bolt action rifle in 308/30-06
22 rifle

That's the basics.......fill those 5 categories first and then go nuts with toys.......

I'm dying to get a 629
8%20inch%20barrel

giphy.gif

Do you already own a rifle, shotgun, and self defense handgun? IMO guns are tools. Your toolbox needs:

Shotgun 12 or 20 cuz the ammo is available for those
Semi auto 5.56 and an ak
Self defense handgun
Bolt action rifle in 308/30-06
22 rifle

That's the basics.......fill those 5 categories first and then go nuts with toys.......
FIFY [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom