employment drug testing: wt-----

With the amount of pharmaceuticals and drugs regular every day people pump into their system I find it hilarious that anyone (employers included) would find weed to be a disqualifier except in a few circumstances.

All that being said it’s an employers prerogative to decide what they accept and don’t and the applicants prerogative to find somewhere else to apply.

With the amount of pharmaceuticals and drugs regular every day people pump into their system I find it hilarious that anyone (employers included) would find weed to be a disqualifier except in a few circumstances.

Exactly. All other things being equal, the person who came to work after taking cold medicine this morning is more of a liability than the person who came to work after smoking a joint last night.

like i said; 4th amendment violation. they start taking away your rights a bit at a time.
It’s not a 4th Amendment violation, unless these are government jobs.

We never tested anyone: which is how we wound up hiring a drug dealer.

Sounds like you don’t need the money, so follow your conscience. Would you object to a physical? Just bout any physical would include a blood test and urine sample.

It’s not a 4th Amendment violation, unless these are government jobs.

We never tested anyone: which is how we wound up hiring a drug dealer.

Sounds like you don’t need the money, so follow your conscience. Would you object to a physical? Just bout any physical would include a blood test and urine sample.
no to all including dna test who knows where that unregulated info goes

I pee several times every day. If someone wants a little of my pee, I don't have a problem with that.
It's not like they are asking you to make a shiza video.
I just think it's an absurd privacy violation and boundary issue. You're my employer and you want my piss....no how about I give you my time and skills, and you give me money and we keep it at that?

I don't hire a roofer and tell him I need his piss. I just want my roof fixed. I want proof you can do the job and proof you're insured. I don't care if you go home every night and blow an 8 ball of coke off a stripper's ass, as long as my roof is getting done on time and on budget.

Last edited:
I am required to hold a CDL at my town job. I know a random drug test is required. I know why they do it , and I know that an independent testing company comes on site to take the samples. If I don't like it, I know that I am free to work elsewhere.
your acceptance of it doesn't make it any less bullshit. If you smoked a joint a week ago, you lose your job. Yeah that's reasonable.

It would actually make sense if you had an accident at work and then were tested...but again, with weed, there's no currently available test to determine if you're currently intoxicated so it's still kind of bullshit. Do they test you for alcohol? Are you allowed to have a drink after work without fear of losing your job? Why should pot be any different if you're not using it while on the job?

your acceptance of it doesn't make it any less bullshit. If you smoked a joint a week ago, you lose your job. Yeah that's reasonable.

It would actually make sense if you had an accident at work and then were tested...but again, with weed, there's no currently available test to determine if you're currently intoxicated so it's still kind of bullshit. Do they test you for alcohol? Are you allowed to have a drink after work without fear of losing your job? Why should pot be any different if you're not using it while on the job?
You answer your own question "with weed, there's no currently available test to determine if you're currently intoxicated". They are working in the real world, with the tools they have. And it's not Gov, so as @shootymacshootface said, he can always leave.

I am required to hold a CDL at my town job. I know a random drug test is required. I know why they do it , and I know that an independent testing company comes on site to take the samples. If I don't like it, I know that I am free to work elsewhere.
But hey ! Drink yourself into a coma every night. What a joke. P.S. Not referring to you

Yup, I could purposely kill my liver with alcohol, but if I smoked one joint a week ago, I'd loose my job.
It's because alcohol has been directly involved in countless instances of assault, abuse, rape, murder, destroying families, child neglect, basically every negative aspect of any society that's ever had it.

Pot? Makes you want durritos. Must be banned

FFS nuke this thread. In your spare time read about approved analytical methods, half lives, LLOD, and for Gods sake getting sober.

Back
Top Bottom