employment drug testing: wt-----

No one is a sheeple here. They are right, you are wrong. Drug testing has nothing to do with the 4A, no matter how much you stomp our foot and insist it is. Perhaps you should get a job LISTENING to people, you might learn something.
wait to they start testing your lifestyle, things you own, living conditions, social life etc. social credit system is coming and it starts with minor infringements on your privacy.

Last edited:
No one is a sheeple here. They are right, you are wrong. Drug testing has nothing to do with the 4A, no matter how much you stomp our foot and insist it is. Perhaps you should get a job LISTENING to people, you might learn something.
wait to they start testing your lifestyle, things you own, living conditions, social life etc. social credit system is coming and it starts with minor infringements.
Amateur! Lunch is 35$

i

Hmmmm is the witness Gay tested?

Regarding politicians drug tests,

:) Hmmm.. if the lobbyists require it would that make it legal?
if they were caught they would just cover up for it

Just eat a pile of asparagus before the test!

Then miss the cup

Last edited:
Meh, been doing it for years. Piss test, Hair Sample Test, back check, credit check, PI investigations.... been part of the workplace for me for years...

I don't take pee tests in order to work. Then again, I own my company and get to make the rules. Maybe your work would lend itself to being a consultant? Then you can start your own company.

You’re a retiree who has somehow never figured out how the bill of rights works. Have you lived your whole life thinking that everyone telling you to shut up was infringing on your first amendment rights?
I think the answer is clear.

Meh, we test for 10 drugs of concern. I am the Designated Employee Representative for drug testing. We test Pre-hire, Post accident, Random, and reasonable suspicion. But my guys work with up to 500kV and install and program transmission relays in generation stations and substation yards, along with other electrical equipment.
I think those guys likely know better than to be "on something". If they were, they would end up being a hot dog left on the grill too long.

Do you work for some sort of medical practice? If not, HIPAA doesn't apply to your company. Actually, even if it is and and HIPAA does apply, it doesn't apply to your employees and you.

I do the hiring at my location. In the last two years, we stopped testing for THC, then stopped pre-employment drug testing completely except for sensitive positions or those which require drug testing by law.

When we still did testing, it was a saliva screen (those aren't presumptively positive tests; any test other than "clear" required going for further testing).

Under HIPAA and other regulations, we had to read a script, starting with, "Do NOT tell me about any prescription drugs you might be using." Before someone is hired, that is not my business, and if someone fails the initial screening and has to go to further screening, they would be allowed to present their prescriptions.

I had a ton of people say, "I have a medical marijua...." STOP! I don't care, not my business. If you don't pass this non-presumptive saliva screening, I will schedule a urine test at a nearby medical lab. You can present any medical documentation to them, not me.

Funny thing about those saliva swabs: I was told, and experience bears out, that unless you were smoking up in the parking lot right before coming in, you would pass.

In my opinion... the people that complain about drug tests, to work at a company, are the ones that know they can’t pass it with out studying

In my opinion... the people that complain about drug tests, to work at a company, are the ones that know they can’t pass it with out studying
There was a guy appointed to the drug committee who smoked regularly. One day HR decided it was the day for a drug test. He knew he'd pee dirty. He went to HR and said "You can't have a drug test today. The procedure clearly states that the committee decides when the tests are to take place. That didn't happen, so you can't do the test". They ended up calling a meeting and scheduling out the next year's tests. He never peed dirty.

wait to they start testing your lifestyle, things you own, living conditions, social life etc. social credit system is coming and it starts with minor infringements on your privacy.

Companies do this now. I can still remember the case of the flight attendant who lost her job over her facebook posts on her own time.

There was a guy appointed to the drug committee who smoked regularly. One day HR decided it was the day for a drug test. He knew he'd pee dirty. He went to HR and said "You can't have a drug test today. The procedure clearly states that the committee decides when the tests are to take place. That didn't happen, so you can't do the test". They ended up calling a meeting and scheduling out the next year's tests. He never peed dirty.

Right so he needs to study to pass, not all or many companies are like that, they are random or if there is an accident, which can not be predicted. I just don’t see what the dig deal is, take the piss test and move on, if they don’t like it find another place to work.

In my case, it's more about trust. If you trust me to not F up the system, causing a customer outage and potentially costing the company millions. Then you can trust me when I tell you that I don't do illegal substances. Or anything that would impair my judgement [while working].

I had a company want to run a credit report on me to be a part time truck driver, needless to say they were told to piss up a rope.

So let's say that you have to do one of these drug tests, but due to a prescribed medication, you will test positive. Do you tell them first? later? is there a procedure?

If they reject/fire you for it, is there an ADA claim or something?

Generally speaking, at least for my company, any type of prescription medication had to be cleared by the clinic for a safety sensitive position and kept on file.

If you were taking something and failed the test, even if it’s a legit med but wasn’t listed beforehand at the clinic, they could discipline you up to being fired.

In my case, it's more about trust. If you trust me to not F up the system, causing a customer outage and potentially costing the company millions. Then you can trust me when I tell you that I don't do illegal substances. Or anything that would impair my judgement [while working].

Ahhh yes because drug addicts never lie right ? Lol come on

Ahhh yes because drug addicts never lie right ? Lol come on
They typically are pretty easy to spot too. Same with alcoholics. At least if you're aware of what to look for.

Again, in my field, I've not had to worry about this for any except for my first CONTRACT job (where I got into the field) back almost twenty years ago now. If you're in a field where drug use is that common, then you'll have to put up with it. Not an issue for me. I'm not working for DoD or .gov agencies.

We were not allowed to take Aspirin without calling the clinic.

Some OTC medications were not allowed to be taken

If you were on a prescribed medication, again the clinic had to be notified and they had to approve.
The Feds have a long list of meds that disqualify you, insulin by needle being one of them.

IIRC on a random they were only doing a 9 panel test, but post accident they could dig deeper.

The 9 panel checks the following:
Amphetamines
Barbiturates
Benzodiazepines
Cannabinoids
Cocaine / Metabolites
Methadone / Metabolite
Opiates
Oxycodone / Oxymorphone
Phencyclidine

for prescribed meds:
A driver cannot take a controlled substance or prescription medication without a prescription from a licensed practitioner.
If a driver uses a drug identified in 21 CFR 1308.11 (391.42(b)(12)) or any other substance such as amphetamine, a narcotic, or any other habit forming drug, The driver is medically unqualified.
There is an exception: the prescribing doctor can write that the driver is safe to be a commercial driver while taking the medication. In this case, the Medical Examiner may, but does not have to certify the driver.
Any anti-seizure medication used for the prevention of seizures is disqualifying.
The Medical Examiner has 2 ways to determine if any medication a driver uses will adversely affect safe operation of a CMV:
1. Review each medication - prescription, non-prescription and supplement
2. Request a letter from the prescribing doctor

Back
Top Bottom