employment drug testing: wt-----

i am retired don't drink or smoke anything, thin, exercise everyday and don't look my age.
have 25 yr. plus hi tech manufacturing and parts experience. was working for this wonderful little company part time: 20 hrs a week, weekdays 2 miles from my house. the owner went through divorce and the cun---- destroyed his life as well as the company. getting bored and would like to find a similar part time position. all the big box companies that hire retired people want a drug test. that, to me, is a 4th amendment violation which is just as important as the 2nd and 1st. when asked to do so i respond; "will piss in a bottle if you slurp it down afterwards". if you know any places that are no b.s. let me know: not overly concerned about the salary.

i am retired don't drink or smoke anything, thin, exercise everyday and don't look my age.
have 25 yr. plus hi tech manufacturing and parts experience. was working for this wonderful little company part time: 20 hrs a week, weekdays 2 miles from my house. the owner went through divorce and the cun---- destroyed his life as well as the company. getting bored and would like to find a similar part time position. all the big box companies that hire retired people want a drug test. that, to me, is a 4th amendment violation which is just as important as the 2nd and 1st. when asked to do so i respond; "will piss in a bottle if you slurp it down afterwards". if you know any places that are no b.s. let me know: not overly concerned about the salary.
Do they require it ONLY for retired people, or everyone? If so, I'd get that in writing and have some fun with them. Jack.

Do they require it ONLY for retired people, or everyone? If so, I'd get that in writing and have some fun with them. Jack.
everyone: asks on the application. if that was so a would lawyer up and make some money. did that to 2 a**h***s; one company and one individual who tried to screw me out of deserved benefits. they expect most people get mad and go away: i fought and won decent settlements

I work in tech. A major national multi-vendor IT "Partner" company supporting other customers' IT systems (specifically, contact center telephony VoIP stuff). I work from home. There isn't an office for me to go to even if I wanted to. But my employer needs to be able to prove to our customers that the people accessing their secure systems (remotely, via vpn, two-factor authentication, etc.) are basically boy scouts -- helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent (and drug-free and not a felon).

Before getting hired they did a full background check including credit, criminal, etc and a drug screen (piss test) that checked for something like ten different drugs. It was actually more intrusive of a check than is run to get an LTC, I'd think.

But it's standard operating procedure these days. If you want a legit job, get used to it.

i don't think those indian owned/operated 7/11 type stores require a drug test. try asking around at several of those, they seem to have a problem keeping help on the overnight shifts.

You don’t drink? Wtf!
drank like a fish; went out and tied on on the next day i took sick from another cause and ended in the hospital. booze like other food became the last thing had before getting sick. lost my taste for it; every time i look at a glass of wine it turns me off. coffee and pastry freak now and at least 75 bucks a week richer

Can't remember any jobs I've had in the last 20 years or so that didn't drug test. It's a liability thing on the company's side. Probably required by their insurance provider.

Working at my last job, I was an engineer working in the back with all the other annoying people. One guy who just got hired asked me quietly, does this company have a drug testing policy? I told him, if you want your drugs tested youll have to do it yourself.

It companies who drug test tend to have a hard time hiring anyone talented.

like i said; 4th amendment violation. they start taking away your rights a bit at a time.

Its not a 4th amendment violation because it is NOT the government asking you to do this, its a company so you have no bill of rights other than what they grant you there. They can tell you what you can and can't say and can read your company email and search your company computer and listen to your phone calls made on their phones and make you pee in a cup if they wish.

like i said; 4th amendment violation. they start taking away your rights a bit at a time.
Tell us again which government agency or organization is requiring that you subject yourself to an unreasonable search of your person via a piss test to get a job with a private company?

I had quarterly piss tests at my last job. Glad I don't have to do that anymore at my new job. That got old REAL fast.

I like the companies to drug test,the last thing I want is some drugged out person working with me to make a mistake that gets me,or someone else hurt because
they are high.I also like cameras in the work place keeps everyone honest.

You don't HAVE to take the drug test. It's optional. Just like their employing you is also optional and your taking of the job is optional. If you don't come to an agreement on terms, than move on. Telling them to drink your piss. - that's a bit much man.

The government is not beating down your door demanding you take a drug test. The 4th only prohibits government action. It does NOT prevent private companies administering drug tests as a condition of employment which they are under no obligation to provide.

Its not a 4th amendment violation because it is NOT the government asking you to do this, its a company so you have no bill of rights other than what they grant you there. They can tell you what you can and can't say and can read your company email and search your company computer and listen to your phone calls made on their phones and make you pee in a cup if they wish.

Tell us again which government agency or organization is requiring that you subject yourself to an unreasonable search of your person via a piss test to get a job with a private company?

What they said. Stop invoking BoR. Your whining minimizes the ACTUAL damage the ACTUAL state is doing to the ACTUAL 4th amendment.

Although I understand that whole 4 th amendment thing..

1) The U S Constitution only applies to your dealings with the Federal Government. Courts have ruled on a regular basis that pre employment and for cause/post accident tests are legal in the private sector.

Try being a CDL Driver, we get RANDOMLY "whiz quizzed" and a refusal or failure to produce a sample is considered a POSITIVE test.

2) The U S Supreme Court recently ruled Police can take blood samples while you are non able to consent. The 4th Amendment is not what it used to be.

If the employer gets ANY Federal dollars they are subject to the provisions of the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988

The United States Supreme Court has held that both blood and urine collection are minimally intrusive procedures which are not harmful to job applicants or employees, when they are conducted in the employment environment (such as where applicants or employees are required to go to a doctor's office to provide a sample) without direct observation by the tester. In other words, it may be an invasion of privacy for an employer to require a job applicant to provide a urine sample while other people are in the room watching. However, if there are concerns that an applicant will tamper with the sample, the employer may be allowed to have one other person of the same sex as the applicant present when the sample is given.

i don't think those indian owned/operated 7/11 type stores require a drug test. try asking around at several of those, they seem to have a problem keeping help on the overnight shifts.
This. Previous and current employers did not require one as if they did 75% of IT or support areas would be out of a job rather quickly.

Get a job at a golf course. Driving around in circles, cutting grass isn't a bad way to spend a few days a week during the summer.

They dont drug test. Hell, they probably assume you smoke pot.

Then take the winters off and talk smack on NES.

That’s not how this works. It’s not how any of this works. Lol

Weekly drug testing should be mandatory for all members of congress.

4th Amendment violation. ;)

I had quarterly piss tests at my last job. Glad I don't have to do that anymore at my new job. That got old REAL fast.

Why? I pee at least quarterly.

Back
Top Bottom