• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Employees not doing their job correctly, wrong person denied.

Need more details. First purchase ? They refused to sell or background refusal

I Was Denied a Firearm—What Happens Now?​

Firearm-Related Challenge​

If you believe you have been wrongfully denied a firearm, you can request a firearm-related challenge (appeal). You may only challenge a denied firearm transaction, not a delayed one.

This process will provide you:
  • the reason your background check was denied, and
  • the opportunity to challenge your denied background check online – including a Nuclear Regulatory Commission background check.

What you mean denied ?

Did the dealer refuse to sell to you, or did a background check do you in ?

Dealers do not have to sell you a gun if they don't want to.
He posted the other day he got a delay.

So, it appears it has come back a denial.

It’s a little weird he was worried about it coming back as a denial and not just mad about the delay.
I'm not sure I'd be rushing out do a private sale with him after he just posted he got denied as well:

Why were you denied? Do you have any legal history that would lead to NICS denial? Any arrests? DUI?
No DUIs, Mira rest years ago that was dropped was told by my fire arms detective in my town that it was nothing it wouldn’t affect anything

No DUIs, Mira rest years ago that was dropped was told by my fire arms detective in my town that it was nothing it wouldn’t affect anything
You need to get a lawyer to figure your shit our for you, you may have gotten hit with a MA misdafelony. It's considered a misdemeanor in MA but federally it's considered a felony because it could be punishable by more than 1 year in a correctional facility.

OP is going to jail.

Honestly, I never heard of a denial, always a delay. Assuming you didn't commit a crime and your LTC is still valid, my guess is the Database check f*cked up.

Could be what was mentioned above, some BS "felony" you have no idea of. Maybe some sh*t when MA started updating their horrible records.

Definitely contact a lawyer before big brother shows up and shoots your dog.

While you get the denial sorted out, you also need to figure out what to do with the FFL and a gun already paid for. Don’t know whether you sent it there for transfer or paid for it before getting the green light.

While you get the denial sorted out, you also need to figure out what to do with the FFL and a gun already paid for. Don’t know whether you sent it there for transfer or paid for it before getting the green light.
I have a friend who previously had a green card (he has since become a citizen) and as a result always got delayed. Stores told him they'd simply refund the money if the check came back denied.

So, OP should contact the dealer for a refund, if he hasn't already.

Back
Top Bottom