• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Emoji appearing very tiny

CatSnoutSoup

NES Member
I usually sign all my posts with the tiger face emoji.
This morning when I am composing a post and I begin entering the code for the emoji the autofill suggestion will preview it at normal size, but in the actual post it is very tiny.

🐯

I usually sign all my posts with the tiger face emoji.
This morning when I am composing a post and I begin entering the code for the emoji the autofill suggestion will preview it at normal size, but in the actual post it is very tiny.

🐯
I'm noticing that a lot of emojis have shrunk... many to the point where you can't even tell what they are or mean anymore. :oops:

I was able to save Thinking Face emoji by clicking on it before I uploaded my posts. I saved it to my desktop for use as needed.

What I clicked from dropdown: thinking.png
What posts: 🤔

Your original Tiger Face: tiger.png
Yours after posting: 🐯

I was able to save Thinking Face emoji by clicking on it before I uploaded my posts. I saved it to my desktop for use as needed.

What I clicked from dropdown: View attachment 701703
What posts: 🤔

Your original Tiger Face: View attachment 701704
Yours after posting: 🐯

Yeah thanks for pointing this out. Upon zooming in it becomes clear that it is not that the emojis are just rendering smaller it is that they are not in fact the same image at all.

So somewhere around about the time I started this thread something changed so that you select and emoji image from the drop down (or type the code like I do) but what renders in your actual post is a different image.

Maybe @sHORTY will have some insight after Christmas/New Year.

Thanks again.

🐯 this is a sad little tiger. (I actually still miss the cat face we lost a few years ago when we moved over to XenForo).

@CatSnoutSoup - did your old posts change too, or just the new ones? Can you link me to an old one if they aren't changed?

Upon zooming in it becomes clear that it is not that the emojis are just rendering smaller it is that they are not in fact the same image at all.
Exactly. My often-used Thinking face emoji posts like a Stroke Face...

I may have to dust these off...

:)
:(
;)

@CatSnoutSoup - did your old posts change too, or just the new ones? Can you link me to an old one if they aren't changed?
Old ones too. Original emojis are only visible in the drop downs and post as something similar, but different...

I showed before/after emojis in post #4

EDIT: Sorry, I just notice you had addressed your comment to @CatSnoutSoup and not all. My bad.

Last edited:
If I ventured a guess, I'd say it changed after the server move...

Captain-Caveman-Hanna-Barbera.jpg

Back
Top Bottom