Emergency surgery may delay my deer season

whacko

NES Member
Tuesday afternoon I came down with terrible pain in my upper abdomen just under my rib cage. Excruciating.....worst pain in my life. 4 hours into it and the wife said enough..... To the ER. Gallbladder full of stones according to the ultrasound. Surgery to remove it but I'm still in the hospital.....a stone had blocked a duct and I now have pancreatitis. Hope to go home tonight.

Doc says the surgery is a faster recovery than most,..... But hunting next week may be a stretch. Damnit!!!!

Sorry about your health woes. FYI pancreatitis is one of the most painful medical conditions on record. It sucks!!!

Here's to a speedy recovery!

Regarding hunting... realize you're giving the deer an extra year to grow and fatten up. You'll get'em next year.

:)

Wow, you're lucky. I had a similar situation in February 2016, a gallstone got out and into the pancreas shutting me down. I was so week they couldn't take out my gall bladder till august. I spent most of that year in hospitals and rehabs. But I had a full recovery and ended up in better shape than before. Good luck with your recovery.

Last edited:
Wow, you're lucky. I had a similar situation in February 2016, a gallstone got out and into the pancreas shutting me down. I was so week they couldn't take out my gall bladder till august. I spent most of that year in hospitals and rehabs. But I had a full recovery and ended up in better shape than before. Good lick with your recovery.
Damn that had to suck!

Best wishes for a speedy, pain free (or as close as possible), and peaceful recovery. LOL, whenever I have been laid up I can't wait to get the hell out of the house, hence the peaceful wish...

Tuesday afternoon I came down with terrible pain in my upper abdomen just under my rib cage. Excruciating.....worst pain in my life. 4 hours into it and the wife said enough..... To the ER. Gallbladder full of stones according to the ultrasound. Surgery to remove it but I'm still in the hospital.....a stone had blocked a duct and I now have pancreatitis. Hope to go home tonight.

Doc says the surgery is a faster recovery than most,..... But hunting next week may be a stretch. Damnit!!!!

Sorry to hear. Hope you’re recovery goes well.

Damn that sucks. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

You will be out there faster than you think. I had mine removed laparoscopically and was back at it in a couple of days. It was a very quick recovery though I didn’t have the pancreatitis. Don’t push too hard get your kids to drag out your deer. That’s why you made them.;)

Bob

Welcome to the club. My surgery necessitated canceling my reservations for Shot Show 2019.

My wife had her cholecystectomy in the late AM and was home by 6PM that day.

I had a stone exit my gallbladder and upset my pancreas giving me pancreatitis, was in the hospital for 2 days, they didn't want me to eat or drink anything until it went away so I had to be on IV's. Still have not had my gallbladder out though, and that was about 5 years ago. My wife had to have hers out 2 weeks before our wedding, and she had some complications with infection so she was in the hospital for 3 days, but still made the wedding ok.

Hope it's a quick recovery, many people are up and around very quickly.

Thanks all. I'm still in the hospital but say I'm going home today. I do feel better already. Still soar......but much more mobile.

Hoping I can get well enough for late next week.......my buddies will have to drag anything I harvest though.

I've become pretty proficient @ cutting out my own Gall Stones (at least I think that is what they were), as I refuse to pay into Obamacare!!

Maybe your buddies can drag a nice comfy chair to a good spot, put you on stand with a thermos of hot coffee and send some deer your way. Jack.
Well.....problem is at 46 I'm the youngest buck in the crew! I'm always the driver for them so I feel terrible! We'll have to figure something out.

Sorry to hear man. Broke my leg last year just before bow season. Not that there is ever a good time but sucks even more....

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Good excuse to buy that quad with a wench set up...
banginquad.jpg

Well.....problem is at 46 I'm the youngest buck in the crew! I'm always the driver for them so I feel terrible! We'll have to figure something out.

Good luck for a speedy recovery, and don't push it. Plenty of more time for deer hunting. If you mess something up you'll wish you didn't.
Take it easy.....

Back
Top Bottom