Embedded YouTube full screen disabled

JJ4

When YouTube videos are embedded in posts for some reason I can't get them to go full screen. At first I thought the videos themselves had full screen disabled. Then I thought I must have messed up a browser setting at some point, but I just tried it on a fresh browser and it still says full screen is disabled. Are they disabled site-wide? Any reason? I can still hit the "Watch on Youtube" button to open another tab and then watch full screen. So not a big deal but somewhat annoying.

Yes, something changed and it no longer gives full screen option when embedded on NES. Haven't checked other vBulletin forums to see if works differently.

Fullscreen is disabled

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6276924

Fullscreen is disabled

If you have trouble using fullscreen on YouTube, here are some tips:

Check your browser's permissions

If the fullscreen button appears, but isn't responsive, you may have disabled fullscreen permissions for YouTube. Please check your browser's settings and permissions to make sure fullscreen is available on pages where you might use YouTube.

On Firefox, try the following steps:
1.In the location bar (where you enter URLs), type "about:permissions" and hit enter.
2.Under "All sites", look at the permissions for sites you may have used fullscreen on, like youtube.com
3.You'll see a Fullscreen setting. Select "Always ask" or "Allow" to allow YouTube to go fullscreen on these sites.
4.Try using fullscreen on YouTube again.

On Chrome, you can set your browser permissions following the website permission instructions.

Check your browser add-ons and extensions

Certain browser add-ons and extensions may disable fullscreen mode. Please check your add-ons and extensions and change your settings as needed.

Other reasons why fullscreen is disabled

Fullscreen may also be disabled in the following cases:
•Your browser may not support fullscreen.
•The owner of the website who has embedded a YouTube player has disabled fullscreen.

It's not a browser issue. It seems that the forum is configured to not allow full screen. I can't imagine why that is.

Probably to limit bandwidth utilization. I can understand that. You can click on the youtube reference below and to the right of the video and watch full screen from youtube's site

Back
Top Bottom