• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Email response from Senator Kennedy

Then why are you even responding? If you can say nothing...all is confidential....what is your point? [wink]

His point may be that letter writing is pretty much a waste of time. You either preaching to the choir, or else your pleas are falling on deaf ears.

Hey! That's two cliches in one sentence!

Then why are you even responding? If you can say nothing...all is confidential....what is your point? [wink]

I think this is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situations. If I don't respond it looks like I am ignoring Jose's request. I respect Jose adn don't want to do that. And if I do respond that answering his question would be a violation of confidentiality... well someone goes ahead and asks me why I bothered to respond at all.

This feels like an argument with my wife right now!

[grin]

Rich

When you send a email to Teddy you might as well throw it in the back of a Oldsmobile and drive it over a bridge into the harbor.

No problem. He had thoughts of becoming a SEAL. Just didn't work out. Mary Jo was simply collateral damage in the process. He found that he had no moral fiber and no care for anyone other than himself. Guess he failed on all counts.

I don't bother writing any of the Mass senators/reps be they Federal or state simply because they think were all a bunch of knuckle dragging inbreds who have no clue on how to run our lives.
Bunch of self righteous scumbags the lot of them.

His point may be that letter writing is pretty much a waste of time. You either preaching to the choir, or else your pleas are falling on deaf ears.

Hey! That's two cliches in one sentence!

Cannot disagree. Letter writing, speaking with folks who want to destroy you, kissing ass....does nothing....except make you more vulnerable and a laughing stock of the people with a definitive agenda. Why is this so hard to understand?

I don't bother writing any of the Mass senators/reps be they Federal or state simply because they think were all a bunch of knuckle dragging inbreds who have no clue on how to run our lives.
Bunch of self righteous scumbags the lot of them.

Then how about working against them? Contribute to the opposition. As tight as funds are today, it will get worse unless its stopped.

Next Time print out your letter and wrap it around a bottle of Vodka, send it to him and maybe he'll read it!

Perhaps with his current medical problems he will forego Vodka. Scotch is a viable alternative. Does anyone know his Senatorial budget for Scotch? [wink]

Unfortunately, other folks do. How does he get re-elected?

My wife refuses to allow me to discuss politics with people when we are together because when they say they voted for a person, I always ask why? More often than not when they give me the answer as to why they like a person it's a media sound bite or a comment that has nothing to do with the facts of the cantidate.

Economics, trade, profits and the constitution escape their thought process totally. They have been conditioned to vote in a certain manner until the sitting person gives them multiple reasons not to over 4 years previously and now 8 years. Two families in past office over 20 years should answer that question.

Talk to someone in the post office and the democrats protect the union. Talk to the elderly and it's the democrats that are looking out for the elderly and medicare and the republicans are just out for big business. They are not protecting the future but rather they are looking at their present. They cannot grasp the concept that republicans and democrats are the same and that they need to understand the person and the position.

The average person cannot rationize business profits and growth with job security or economic prosperity. Business to them is the villian and the democrats have done a good job making this their platform. The population is getting older and more in need. Add the illegals and minority to the mix and you have one big clusterf*** of people that are not voting for the future but for what they can get from the gubberment today. In short, it's not fact but perspective that makes people like the Kennedy's or the Kerry's and a significant amount of media bias that works on the ignorent that vote.

Not one person, to this day, I have ever questioned about Obama's political record can tell me they know what he voted for or stood for before he became a presidential cantidate. Worse than that, they don't seem to care either. My attitude is to vote for who you want, but atleast understand the person and history of the person you vote for.

The short answer as to why they keep getting voted in is just pure ignorence along with laziness about the cantidate, media bias and lack of global vision.

We should all take his canned response and e-mail it back to him and demand a personal reply, on the same day, at the same time.

Just a thought.

Talk to someone in the post office and the democrats protect the union. Talk to the elderly and it's the democrats that are looking out for the elderly and medicare and the republicans are just out for big business. They are not protecting the future but rather they are looking at their present. They cannot grasp the concept that republicans and democrats are the same and that they need to understand the person and the position.

Everyone has become vested in the system over time. Big government advocates have been building this vested constituency for decades, and now it's out of control. There's no pulling back from the reality that nearly everyone in this country is getting some kind of benefit, transfer payment, tax break or something from Big Dot Gov.

Most people only see the benefit to themselves when they pull that lever in the voting booth. There are few people who go to the polls with the expressed desire to be left alone.

Obama has only accelerated the process, and extended the trough to include illegal aliens ... anyone who can get here and stick his hand out.

It's revolting.

I too, recieved response

Here it is posted in its entirety, with my rebuttal.

Thank you for your recent email

Inbox X

Reply to all
Forward
Reply by chat
Filter messages like this
Print
Add to Contacts list
Delete this message
Report phishing
Report not phishing
Show original
Show in fixed width font
Show in variable width font
Message text garbled?
Why is this spam/nonspam?
[email protected]
to me

show details 10:27 AM (11 hours ago)

Follow up message

Dear Mr. Lawrence:

Thank you for your letter on the nation's gun laws. There is no doubt that the easy availability of firearms, particularly handguns, contributes to the unacceptable toll of death and injury from gun violence.

We must end the arms race in our cities, towns, and our neighborhoods. I support tough punishment for violent criminals, but I also believe that is not a sufficient answer to the problem. There are steps we can take to prevent violent crime before it occurs. It is time for Congress to act to place reasonable restrictions on access to dangerous weapons.

Congress took an important first step by enacting the Brady Bill in 1993, which imposed a nation-wide five-day waiting period on the purchase of handguns. We need comprehensive legislation to strengthen the regulation of federal firearms dealers and limit the importation of foreign-made weapons. It is also time to limit the number of guns that may be purchased at one time.

In the past, I have been a sponsor of legislation that follows the example of Massachusetts and requires handgun purchasers throughout the country to obtain a license proving they are qualified and responsible enough to own handguns. More recently, I have introduced the Children's Gun Violence Prevention Act, to protect children from gun violence.

None of these measures will infringe on the legitimate rights of hunters and other sportspeople. The Second Amendment is not a constitutional obstacle to the regulation of firearms, since the amendment by its own terms deals with the rights of the state militia, not individuals. The framers of the Constitution surely did not intend to leave Congress powerless to protect the public from an epidemic of gun-related violence.

I am committed to keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, without undue burden to law-abiding citizens who choose to use firearms for legitimate sporting purposes. Reasonable gun control is an important part of the effort to protect the American people from violent crime. Again, thank you for writing to me on this important issue.

Sincerely,
Edward M. Kennedy

Forward

Your message has been sent.

Al Lawrence
to senator

show details 9:36 PM (0 minutes ago)

Follow up message
Dear Senator Kennedy,

I am glad a person of your influence cares about public safety. This is exactly why I write to you in the hope that you will focus on the criminal element that has willfully selected to attack society, through whatever crime they have chosen.

The erroneous belief that the 2nd amendment is only for state militia's has of course been overturned by the Supreme Court in Heller. While I am a registered and voting democrat in this state I completely agree that no governmental body should regulate what lawful citizens posses regarding firearms for defensive, as well as sporting purposes. A person such as yourself probably receives much negative mail and threats, but you also have the luxury of professional security and bodyguards that carry the firearms on your behalf. If these firearms are so evil, I encourage you to replace your secret service detail/personal security force's sidearms with an appropriate substitute, such as a cell phone to dial 911.

Obviously, that is a ridiciolous statement. I state it to prove that the flawed system of logic you are using to decide critical public safet y legislation is posed to punish the wrong element of society. We do have rights to carry concealed in this State, a right the writers of our Constitution very purposefully placed there. I therefore beecech you to cease and desist immediately from attempting to violate the Bill of Rights that governs this great country. If you desire your security detail to carry modern, high capacity firearms to protect your life, how hypocritical it is that we as taxpaying, lawful citizens cannot carry a similiar weapon for a similar reason. That is not democracy, but elitism and will not be tolerated by this voter.

I thank you for your thoughtfull response and pray earnestly that you will heal from your physical ailments as well as open to a more balanced and reciprocal logic and voting philisophy.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Albert E Lawrence, III
Albert E. Lawrence III
- Show quoted text -

My wife refuses to allow me to discuss politics with people when we are together because when they say they voted for a person, I always ask why? More often than not when they give me the answer as to why they like a person it's a media sound bite or a comment that has nothing to do with the facts of the cantidate.

**Understood. In "polite company", delving questions are a no no.**

The average person cannot rationize business profits and growth with job security or economic prosperity. Business to them is the villian and the democrats have done a good job making this their platform. The population is getting older and more in need. Add the illegals and minority to the mix and you have one big clusterf*** of people that are not voting for the future but for what they can get from the gubberment today. In short, it's not fact but perspective that makes people like the Kennedy's or the Kerry's and a significant amount of media bias that works on the ignorent that vote.

**Its not just significant....it is overwhelming.**

Not one person, to this day, I have ever questioned about Obama's political record can tell me they know what he voted for or stood for before he became a presidential cantidate. Worse than that, they don't seem to care either. My attitude is to vote for who you want, but atleast understand the person and history of the person you vote for.

The short answer as to why they keep getting voted in is just pure ignorence along with laziness about the cantidate, media bias and lack of global vision.

**Yes, Same Ol, Same Ol. Blind and stupid....not out of deception....out of choice. Brain Dead.**

Everyone has become vested in the system over time. Big government advocates have been building this vested constituency for decades, and now it's out of control. There's no pulling back from the reality that nearly everyone in this country is getting some kind of benefit, transfer payment, tax break or something from Big Dot Gov.

Most people only see the benefit to themselves when they pull that lever in the voting booth. There are few people who go to the polls with the expressed desire to be left alone.

Obama has only accelerated the process, and extended the trough to include illegal aliens ... anyone who can get here and stick his hand out.

It's revolting.

Going back to the "Golden Goose" fable. What happens when the goose is dead? What happens when the "gimmees" outnumber the earners/producers?

Its a downward spiral that has nothing positive in store!

"autopen"

I will repeat what I have seen here numerous times " my guns have killed less people than fat teddy's car"
I will also mention that back when Mitt was a cantidate, I sent him a supportive email and I got a hand written response from him in the mail with a real signature in ink from him. No canned lazy ass bullshit from him.

Sorry, Lucas, but there is such a machine called the "autopen" IIRC. I saw a documentary about Congress in one of my political science classes. It makes it look that, no kidding, the member of congress signed it, when in fact, it's the equivalent of a rubber stamp of a signature, just better ink. So we may never know which things really get signed by the living, breathing politician unless we see it first hand. -Mike

Sorry, Lucas, but there is such a machine called the "autopen" IIRC. I saw a documentary about Congress in one of my political science classes. It makes it look that, no kidding, the member of congress signed it, when in fact, it's the equivalent of a rubber stamp of a signature, just better ink. So we may never know which things really get signed by the living, breathing politician unless we see it first hand. -Mike

Yes, it exists. I have seen one. Cool toy. It is basically a plotter.
http://www.realsig.com/thesevenfifty.htm or for high volume jobs http://www.realsig.com/theaf.htm

What did you expect from him, he has a brain tumor, the old farts brain is malfunctioning. The only way we will get rid of him is when he dies.

While I can not wish harm on anyone, even a worthless piece of useless flesh such as Ted Kennedy, his passing will change nothing because the cry will go up to annoint another memebr of the Royal Family to their throne. I've aleady heard talk about his wife being giver the Senate seat.
Mass is this way because the vast majority of the subjects WANT it this way.
I have been a GOAL member and supported them financially and by writting letters and making calls for over 15 years and what has changed?
Not an effing thing.
It's not the system, it's the people themselves.
That is why we are so glad to be leaving.

Back
Top Bottom