email from the AG

Has the NRA even acknowledged what Maura has done, let alone take action? I must have missed something.

Anyone else notice she is now referencing a wood stock, fixed mag, semiautomatic as a weapon of war?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

He is certainally blaming guns, specifically listing the SKS, not the person. He supports Healy's new interpretation of the law banning these guns. But aren't SKS still purchasable at your LGS? Whatever Healy did would never have prevented his lost.

I believe the NRA is helping behind the scenes. People with direct knowledge may wish to elaborate.

People with direct knowledge have been instructed to keep quiet. Nothing to see here, move along.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news...I wish SKS' weren't so ridiculously overpriced right now...I hope Putin and Trump open up trade again to bring back my $89 mosins!

What good will be achieved by trying to make this guy look like an idiot? It will only make them dig in their heels more and reinforce their existing beliefs about us.

Its fun to watch dumbass lefties like greg squirm and lash out when confronted with facts that debunk their stupid, emotionally driven positions. You can't change their minds, so you might as well make them look stupid so anyone with half a brain will stop paying attention to them.

Aaron[MA];5350786 said:
I wondered about the mail opening too. Wiki almost made it sound like the shooter was reacting to being singled out for doing nothing. He didn't even own a rifle when they started opening his mail and letting themselves into his dorm room...

Thin ice there.

Shooter was a narcissistic, socially isolated immigrant with a poor relationship with his father.

The moral of this story for me is Maura has to go all the way back to 1992 to find a rifle shooting murder. How many people have been killed in the last 24 years in Massachusetts by falling trees, by lightning, by salmonella, by bad drivers, by medical malpractice?

Healey's rampage lacks all logic but it does appeal to her totalitarian supporters.

I feel sorry for the father. He's just an unfortunate, hapless and misguided tool of a dangerous politician.

Last edited:
Schools go through student mail - don't expect privacy... This story is a quick tangent describing one such academic experience...

I had a friend bring a gun to campus and keep it under his bed in the dorm. We liked to go shooting on the weekends and he decided to pick up a new SS Colt 1991 over winter break. He and the Colt were legal in Maine and he didn't understand why he wouldn't be legal in MA. I asked him to put it in my off campus safe since guns aren't permitted on campus and he didn't have a license.

He also had a bunch of parts shipped from Wilson Combat to his dorm; he was really excited about customizing it. The campus police raided his dorm room and asked where the gun was. Well, no good deed goes unpunished... The campus police were extremely hostile toward me and wanted me prosecuted. They tried to prevent me from leaving the police station after asking me to come in. The questions were extremely aggressive and I stopped talking quickly. The campus PD kept saying it would be "worse for me if I left" the station. I got the sense they were trying to set me up. So I asked again if I was being arrested - after they said no I thanked them for their concern and let them know they would hear from my attorney shortly. It seemed safer to lawyer up before a decision was actually made; the campus PD seemed to have their minds made up.

GOAL seemed like a good first place to start and they recommended an attorney. The GOAL lawyer squared everything away over about two months - no charges were ever filed and my MA permit was not taken away. The campus police were insisting on prosecution. My lawyer met with the licensing authority (Detective) in my home town; they both agreed prosecution was insane... The decision belonged to my home town Detective and told to the campus they were to back off. The Detective asked me to ship my friends gun back to his father in Maine (FFL to FFL). The lawyer also asked me to visit my Detective for some "one-on-one time". I was actually really nervous - the last PD visit was intensely hostile. But it was adult time, so I went to the local PD. It turns out the home town Detective wanted to thank me for getting an unsecured gun off campus. He thought I handled myself well and wanted to shake my hand.

It was an intimidating time while I was still in my early twenties... Anyway, schools go through student mail.

Anthony

That one makes no ****ing sense.... Why the **** would they go after you and not him? You didn't do anything illegal. It wasn't your gun, you were licensed, you didn't have anything on campus. Glad to see your LO was a stand up guy and told them to pound sand.

I believe the NRA is helping behind the scenes. People with direct knowledge may wish to elaborate.

If anyone who has direct knowledge is dumb enough to post about it here they'll be banned.

People with direct knowledge have been instructed to keep quiet. Nothing to see here, move along.

I hope this is accurate but doubt that it is, just my opinion though. If you were a lobby group that heavily relied upon memberships and the perception that you are acting on behalf of your members would you operate in secret while "the enemy" is all over the media touting her victory and being praised by politicians and celebrities? If think not. MA is a lost cause and their dollars are better spent elsewhere.

If this same thing went down is Texas I highly doubt that the NRA would be operating in the shadows and swearing people to secercy. Someday I'll hope to be proved wrong.

I hope this is accurate but doubt that it is, just my opinion though. If you were a lobby group that heavily relied upon memberships and the perception that you are acting on behalf of your members would you operate in secret while "the enemy" is all over the media touting her victory and being praised by politicians and celebrities? If think not. MA is a lost cause and their dollars are better spent elsewhere.

If this same thing went down is Texas I highly doubt that the NRA would be operating in the shadows and swearing people to secercy. Someday I'll hope to be proved wrong.

If you knew that the other side would use any mention of you helping to attack the cause, you would keep things secret too. Either way, hopefully the courts fix these issues and the NRA will get more members out of it simply by making it easier to be a gun owner here. Even if their name isn't on it, victories for gun rights are always going to be decried in the media as the "Gun lobby" or "MA state NRA".

I suspect you're right, but MA is not Texas.

Placing the name "NRA" on civil litigation can doom it from the start as the case becomes the evil NRA vs. the good of the government. The more cases are brought by individuals (with the proper strategy and counsel from those who know how the game is played), and the fewer by pro-gun advocacy groups, the better our chances. Nuff said :)

I am amazed the working folk of Gloucester tolerate these sorts of knot heads.

I can't believe I live in the same city as these morons. Never heard of this "author" before or about the shooting that his son was involved in. I'd like to find out when they have these meetings/discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

Healey-logo2%282%29.png

Dear Me,

My son Galen was killed with an SKS rifle, predecessor to the notorious AK-47. In the decades since his murder, the same military-style weapons have torn families apart and terrorized communities.

I haven’t been involved with a lot of politicians in my life, but when Maura Healey promised that she would enforce our state assault weapons ban, that meant a lot to my family and me.

And now I’d like to ask you to stand with us and support her too.

After the Orlando shooting, Maura discovered that even though Massachusetts passed a law banning the sale of assault weapons in 1998, more than 10,000 of these weapons were sold here last year.

Maura told the gun manufacturers and gun dealers that she would enforce the law. Today, sales of illegal assault weapons have stopped in Massachusetts.

The NRA claims to represent families, but they sure don't represent mine. Their response to Maura's common sense enforcement of the assault weapons ban was to throw every insult her way, lie to their supporters, and sue to stop her from doing her job. The gun lobby always says, “don’t make new laws to combat gun violence, just enforce the ones we have already” – that is, until Maura acted to enforce this one.

Maura doesn’t do what’s easy, she does what’s right.

This week marks a critical fundraising deadline for Maura, the end of 2016. I hope you’ll help by showing your support for her courage and leadership in the fight to end gun violence.

Please support Maura’s campaign today by clicking this link and donating through her secure site. The limit for one year is $1,000 but give whatever you can - $25, $50, $100, anything you can do.

With gratitude,

Greg Gibson
Gloucester, Massachusetts

So this was sent to you in an email from the AG's office?

i LOVE the fact that it starts by saying my son was killed by an SKS, a weapon STILL legal to buy in MA you stupid ****ing idiot

i LOVE the fact that it starts by saying my son was killed by an SKS, a weapon STILL legal to buy in MA you stupid ****ing idiot

AG will amend her guidance to make sure a SKS fits the 'assault weapon' narrative, which then will conflict with the section of the Federal 1994 AWB she referenced earlier in her many iterations of FAQ 'guidance' with a list of 'guns which are not assault weapons'.

The guy's soon was killed by a murderer. How about the AG's office focus on locking up and keeping murderers locked up? Since murderers tend to keep killing people with whatever means they can acquire or devise until caged by the state.

I am amazed the working folk of Gloucester tolerate these sorts of knot heads.

This explains the orange gun violence signs I saw posted around town back in the early summer. Not only does Rosenthal live here but so does this Gibson guy. Ugh.

How do we get these people to understand the part in the 2A that says "....shall NOT be infringed."?

*bangs head against wall*

Its telling that the best case they could manage is an email regarding an incident in which a total of two people died and the incident occurred 25 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom