email from the AG

Healey-logo2%282%29.png

Dear Me,

My son Galen was killed with an SKS rifle, predecessor to the notorious AK-47. In the decades since his murder, the same military-style weapons have torn families apart and terrorized communities.

I haven’t been involved with a lot of politicians in my life, but when Maura Healey promised that she would enforce our state assault weapons ban, that meant a lot to my family and me.

And now I’d like to ask you to stand with us and support her too.

After the Orlando shooting, Maura discovered that even though Massachusetts passed a law banning the sale of assault weapons in 1998, more than 10,000 of these weapons were sold here last year.

Maura told the gun manufacturers and gun dealers that she would enforce the law. Today, sales of illegal assault weapons have stopped in Massachusetts.

The NRA claims to represent families, but they sure don't represent mine. Their response to Maura's common sense enforcement of the assault weapons ban was to throw every insult her way, lie to their supporters, and sue to stop her from doing her job. The gun lobby always says, “don’t make new laws to combat gun violence, just enforce the ones we have already” – that is, until Maura acted to enforce this one.

Maura doesn’t do what’s easy, she does what’s right.

This week marks a critical fundraising deadline for Maura, the end of 2016. I hope you’ll help by showing your support for her courage and leadership in the fight to end gun violence.

Please support Maura’s campaign today by clicking this link and donating through her secure site. The limit for one year is $1,000 but give whatever you can - $25, $50, $100, anything you can do.

With gratitude,

Greg Gibson
Gloucester, Massachusetts

Supporting things like this should hurt, if anyone knows that guy blast him for being a puppet on social media. Make him look like an idiot for supporting unconstitutional BS, rag on him for using his son's death in an overt political ad campaign, anything you can think of.

ETA: I don't do social media, but here is his stuff.
https://www.facebook.com/greg.gibson.12382
https://twitter.com/tenpoundbook

Last edited:
Last edited:
Aaron[MA];5350676 said:
Found the shooting incident referenced:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Lo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like his son was yet another victim of "Gun Free" Zones. The lunatic gunman ran around the campus unfettered for how long? Dude called the police himself and turned himself in. Wonder how many people he would have been able to injure or kill if any of those victims were actually allowed to defend themselves? Or how much longer he would have shot unfettered had he NOT decided to turn himself him.

Looks like the media tried to blame the band that was on the shooter's T-Shirt as well:

Lo wore a T-shirt with the name of the New York City hardcore punk band Sick of It All during the shooting. This spurred the band to issue press releases denouncing Lo's crimes. The journalist Chuck Klosterman wrote a passage in his book, Killing Yourself to Live, (pages 133–134) in which Wayne Lo writes Klosterman a letter from prison contemplating what questions might have been raised if Lo were arrested wearing a T-shirt with the bands Poison or Warrant instead of Sick of It All.

Blame everything but the real and true causes of these mass shootings. Take away citizen's rights to protect themselves and hope that crime just goes away. Has worked out real well in the UK, hasn't it? ****ing morons!!

Sounds like his son was yet another victim of "Gun Free" Zones. The lunatic gunman ran around the campus unfettered for how long? Dude called the police himself and turned himself in. Wonder how many people he would have been able to injure or kill if any of those victims were actually allowed to defend themselves? Or how much longer he would have shot unfettered had he NOT decided to turn himself him.

Looks like the media tried to blame the band that was on the shooter's T-Shirt as well:

Blame everything but the real and true causes of these mass shootings. Take away citizen's rights to protect themselves and hope that crime just goes away. Has worked out real well in the UK, hasn't it? ****ing morons!!

Interesting part is that Lo has a web page and all the profits from what he sells goes to Galen's scholorship fund.

Wayne Lo killed your son because of the "divine" voices in his head. The SKS was just his tool of choice.

You sued the college, you wrote your book, now leave the rest of us alone.

The article also mentioned several times that nobody ever called the cops or showed any concern that he may do something. Also, why was a receptionist opening his packages?

Supporting things like this should hurt, if anyone knows that guy blast him for being a puppet on social media. Make him look like an idiot for supporting unconstitutional BS, rag on him for using his son's death in an overt political ad campaign, anything you can think of.

ETA: I don't do social media, but here is his stuff.
https://www.facebook.com/greg.gibson.12382
https://twitter.com/tenpoundbook

What good will be achieved by trying to make this guy look like an idiot? It will only make them dig in their heels more and reinforce their existing beliefs about us.

http://gloucesterwriters.org/greg-gibson-john-rosenthal/

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/news...cle_6a9d573c-b155-5923-b49f-20782cfb9dff.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Lo

the wiki artical really points to the College being irasponciabel and not addressing the issue. Wonder how much they were sued for.

This is the first link I was watching when you posted.

He spends half an hour at a writers meeting spewing their line then goes on to fellate an introduction of Rosenthal because John 'is the man I will never be'.

This video will probably disappear soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
What good will be achieved by trying to make this guy look like an idiot? It will only make them dig in their heels more and reinforce their existing beliefs about us.

Its not him you are really aiming at, making him look stupid sours his message. He is beyond helping, has already used his son's death to launch his writing career and is a hardcore anti. We need people on the fence to see this guy as a raving lunatic trying to leverage his son's death at the hands of a madman into campaign dollars for a politician.

Greg Gibson is a liar and a fraud.

What a coward.

Wayne Lo has been sitting in prison for more than a decade... an innocent man. He did not kill Galen, the evil SKS did.

The article also mentioned several times that nobody ever called the cops or showed any concern that he may do something. Also, why was a receptionist opening his packages?

I wondered about the mail opening too. Wiki almost made it sound like the shooter was reacting to being singled out for doing nothing. He didn't even own a rifle when they started opening his mail and letting themselves into his dorm room...

Whatever though. Crazy is crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, why was a receptionist opening his packages?

Schools go through student mail - don't expect privacy... This story is a quick tangent describing one such academic experience...

I had a friend bring a gun to campus and keep it under his bed in the dorm. We liked to go shooting on the weekends and he decided to pick up a new SS Colt 1991 over winter break. He and the Colt were legal in Maine and he didn't understand why he wouldn't be legal in MA. I asked him to put it in my off campus safe since guns aren't permitted on campus and he didn't have a license.

He also had a bunch of parts shipped from Wilson Combat to his dorm; he was really excited about customizing it. The campus police raided his dorm room and asked where the gun was. Well, no good deed goes unpunished... The campus police were extremely hostile toward me and wanted me prosecuted. They tried to prevent me from leaving the police station after asking me to come in. The questions were extremely aggressive and I stopped talking quickly. The campus PD kept saying it would be "worse for me if I left" the station. I got the sense they were trying to set me up. So I asked again if I was being arrested - after they said no I thanked them for their concern and let them know they would hear from my attorney shortly. It seemed safer to lawyer up before a decision was actually made; the campus PD seemed to have their minds made up.

GOAL seemed like a good first place to start and they recommended an attorney. The GOAL lawyer squared everything away over about two months - no charges were ever filed and my MA permit was not taken away. The campus police were insisting on prosecution. My lawyer met with the licensing authority (Detective) in my home town; they both agreed prosecution was insane... The decision belonged to my home town Detective and told to the campus they were to back off. The Detective asked me to ship my friends gun back to his father in Maine (FFL to FFL). The lawyer also asked me to visit my Detective for some "one-on-one time". I was actually really nervous - the last PD visit was intensely hostile. But it was adult time, so I went to the local PD. It turns out the home town Detective wanted to thank me for getting an unsecured gun off campus. He thought I handled myself well and wanted to shake my hand.

It was an intimidating time while I was still in my early twenties... Anyway, schools go through student mail.

Anthony

Schools go through student mail - don't expect privacy... This story is a quick tangent describing one such academic experience...

I had a friend bring a gun to campus and keep it under his bed in the dorm. We liked to go shooting on the weekends and he decided to pick up a new SS Colt 1991 over winter break. He and the Colt were legal in Maine and he didn't understand why he wouldn't be legal in MA. I asked him to put it in my off campus safe since guns aren't permitted on campus and he didn't have a license.

He also had a bunch of parts shipped from Wilson Combat to his dorm; he was really excited about customizing it. The campus police raided his dorm room and asked where the gun was. Well, no good deed goes unpunished... The campus police were extremely hostile toward me and wanted me prosecuted. They tried to prevent me from leaving the police station after asking me to come in. The questions were extremely aggressive and I stopped talking quickly. The campus PD kept saying it would be "worse for me if I left" the station. I got the sense they were trying to set me up. So I asked again if I was being arrested - after they said no I thanked them for their concern and let them know they would hear from my attorney shortly. It seemed safer to lawyer up before a decision was actually made; the campus PD seemed to have their minds made up.

GOAL seemed like a good first place to start and they recommended an attorney. The GOAL lawyer squared everything away over about two months - no charges were ever filed and my MA permit was not taken away. The campus police were insisting on prosecution. My lawyer met with the licensing authority (Detective) in my home town; they both agreed prosecution was insane... The decision belonged to my home town Detective and told to the campus they were to back off. The Detective asked me to ship my friends gun back to his father in Maine (FFL to FFL). The lawyer also asked me to visit my Detective for some "one-on-one time". I was actually really nervous - the last PD visit was intensely hostile. But it was adult time, so I went to the local PD. It turns out the home town Detective wanted to thank me for getting an unsecured gun off campus. He thought I handled myself well and wanted to shake my hand.

It was an intimidating time while I was still in my early twenties... Anyway, schools go through student mail.

Anthony

The only question I have is why? Is there something you had to sign allowing it, or is it some law? It seems that even living on campus the US mail is between the sender and you, since you are simply renting a room in their apartment building.

Back
Top Bottom