Email from CMP on Garands not much left.

"MANY M1 GARAND OPTIONS - SOLD OUT. As most of our customers and competitors know, this year has seen a nationwide unprecedented purchasing of firearms and ammunition. The panic buying, along with the increased popularity of the M1 Garand has impacted significantly on the CMP. Our store racks are bare and our M1 Garand ready to ship inventory of several grades and manufacturers has been wiped out and the waiting list (backorders) for some items exceeds 2,000 orders. As a result, we have stopped accepting orders for several grades and manufacturers. Please see Rifle Sales - M1 Garand for additional information."

Looks like they have some HRA's left in Service Grade $625-950

I was hoping to be able to get a Springfield service grade M1 when I took my safety course back in December, but it looks like I am going to have to settle for an HRA.
Hopefully they aren't sold out by the time I can afford one next month.

I got a call from cmp today asking if I wanted to swap my HRA SG order which is
backordered to a SA SG. So there are some left. I took the offer and I expect iit the first of the week.

I got a call from cmp today asking if I wanted to swap my HRA SG order which is
backordered to a SA SG. So there are some left. I took the offer and I expect iit the first of the week.

Here is the rest of the email. This would explain your call

"The item with the largest amount of backorders is RM1HRAS, Harrington and Richardson Arms (HRA) Service Grade M1 Garand. Our serial number records show that we have significantly more HRA serial numbers than any other manufacturer, which is why we are still taking orders for this option. We do find 10-20 M1 Garands manufactured by Springfield Armory (SA) each week. We are not finding enough of these SA rifles to again begin accepting orders for them, but as we do find SA M1 Garands, we are contacting customers on the RM1HRAS list to see if they would accept the SA as a substitute, since pricing is the same for both. We work the oldest orders first and are now contacting a few customers whose orders were received in March 2013. We request that customers not contact us requesting a change, but wait till we contact them, since we will give the opportunity to change first to oldest orders."

Here is the rest of the email. This would explain your call

"The item with the largest amount of backorders is RM1HRAS, Harrington and Richardson Arms (HRA) Service Grade M1 Garand. Our serial number records show that we have significantly more HRA serial numbers than any other manufacturer, which is why we are still taking orders for this option. We do find 10-20 M1 Garands manufactured by Springfield Armory (SA) each week. We are not finding enough of these SA rifles to again begin accepting orders for them, but as we do find SA M1 Garands, we are contacting customers on the RM1HRAS list to see if they would accept the SA as a substitute, since pricing is the same for both. We work the oldest orders first and are now contacting a few customers whose orders were received in March 2013. We request that customers not contact us requesting a change, but wait till we contact them, since we will give the opportunity to change first to oldest orders."

Yeah I was thinking it might be better to get an SA now and an HRA later as their still being offered. Or of course an IHC if those ever happen

Glad I got mine a few years back. Was planning on getting another one in the future. May or may not happen. Got plenty of other stuff to buy. Hope everyone gets at least one.
We may have lots of classified sales in the future because of impulse, panic purchases. Enjoy the wait.

I was hoping to be able to get a Springfield service grade M1 when I took my safety course back in December, but it looks like I am going to have to settle for an HRA.
Hopefully they aren't sold out by the time I can afford one next month.

Order Now!!!! You will not be charged until it ships.

THIS, dont wait theres no price gouging there 650$ for a SG....If you want a nice shooter you cant go wrong with any of the service grades or specials.
Rest assured the prices will go up again at some point. Im tempted to order a CMP special grade as its cheaper than having a new barrel put on one of my others.

If you pay with a personal check does this mean they don't cash it until it ships too? Anyone know if the cmp give you a heads up beforehand that they are about to ship your rifle because it's kind of a bit of money to be tied up for several months while you wait for it to be shipped. I'll probably send in an order forum today regardless. I'm not willing to miss out on a M1 since I was hoping to take my grandfather out shooting with one for Christmas. He was a sharpshooter with the M1 in the army years ago while in Alaska, and hasn't been shooting for a very long time.

If you pay with a personal check does this mean they don't cash it until it ships too? Anyone know if the cmp give you a heads up beforehand that they are about to ship your rifle because it's kind of a bit of money to be tied up for several months while you wait for it to be shipped. I'll probably send in an order forum today regardless. I'm not willing to miss out on a M1 since I was hoping to take my grandfather out shooting with one for Christmas. He was a sharpshooter with the M1 in the army years ago while in Alaska, and hasn't been shooting for a very long time.

[STRIKE=The CMP doesn't accept personal checks. Only bank (cashiers) checks or money orders, as well as credit cards.]The CMP doesn't accept personal checks. Only bank (cashiers) checks or money orders, as well as credit cards.[/STRIKE] I paid with a bank check.

Last edited:
The CMP doesn't accept personal checks. Only bank (cashiers) checks or money orders, as well as credit cards. I paid with a bank check.

Are you sure about that because the order form says personal checks are accepted, but it states the order will be delayed up to an additional 14 days over other methods. But a cashiers check is probably a better idea instead of a personal check anyway.

Are you sure about that because the order form says personal checks are accepted, but it states the order will be delayed up to an additional 14 days over other methods. But a cashiers check is probably a better idea instead of a personal check anyway.

You are correct. For some reason I thought personal were not accepted.

I used USPS money orders on my first run and shipped it flat rate envelope with tracking delivery confirmation.....all others after I used CC......good luck .
DO NOT FORGET TO HAVE FORM NOTORIZED.........UPS DOES THIS ALONG WITH MOST BANKS FOR FREE, YOUR BANK SHOJLD ANYWAY. I really don't have any experience with this problem, really I don't.........this applies to your first order notory is good for 3 years as long as your address doesn't change.
Another tip if you can recieve FedEx deliveries at work (asxlong as there's no issue with guns at work) you can have it shipped there rather than needing to take a day off from work. You get a small window of delivery time from cmp. All I know is I cant arrange to be home I need to go to the fedex hub.......a pita for me.

Those SG HRAs are gorgeous for the money, too. Get 'em now, kids!

I received my Service Grade HRA in early July. It is a great shooter right out of the box. It's sharing time with my 6 mil SG SA that I got last year. Generally speaking, the finish on the Springfield is a little better but they are both terrific shooters. Order now and get in line.

Back
Top Bottom