Elite Border Patrol Tactical Agents Deploying To Sanctuary Cities In Crackdown

moojpg2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Why are the cops masked?
that's just some b roll generic image they used for the article I'm sure but CBP and ICE often work in plain clothes or uc, so I could see them not wanting their faces on national tv, or possibly risk having their family targeted if they got outed on social media.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does CBP have arrest authority away from the border? I thought that's why they'd need local PD help or US Marshal help. A lot of the undocumented/illegal types are getting educated that if they are in their house, they know not to open the doors unless the ICE/CBP agents have a physical warrant.
Yes, they have arrest authority. Can't kick in doors on a simple immigration charge though. I doubt they will be issued full on arrest warrants with the OK to breach in New York. I have seen it, but it's rare. The reason for locals is a manpower issue more than anything else, force multiplier.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is within 100 miles of a border, and including the ocean as a border. That puts something approaching g 90% of the population centers/where the vast majority of people live within their jurisdiction.
That's for reasonable suspicion stops. Outside the 100 mile rule, we have to rely on PC to do a stop. Not impossible, but a way higher bar to hurdle.

No court I know of has upheld the 100 mile rule away from the Mex/Can border, water borders have not been given the same weight in court.

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Ummm, I thought you're supposed to be hauled in for driving an uninsured vehicle? Are you in MA? Because I'm pretty sure that's what the law us here . At the very least, your uninsured vehicle gets towed and ends up in the impound yard where they screw you with the fees. So are you saying the cop just let the illegal drive off on his merry way , so he could go hit somebody else? , because that's a definite WTF incident .
I was not there. MsHappy was. AFAIK, the driver had no license. As to the insurance status of the truck that did the hitting, I have no idea, as we went through my insurance company. Whether it was subrogated, I don't know. My point was that the illegal was not only unlicensed, but also known to the responding Po-po, and went his merry way. [rolleyes]

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's for reasonable suspicion stops. Outside the 100 mile rule, we have to rely on PC to do a stop. Not impossible, but a way higher bar to hurdle.

No court I know of has upheld the 100 mile rule away from the Mex/Can border, water borders have not been given the same weight in court.
I will defer to your expertise as it sounds like you actually know what you’re talking about 😁

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a start but it will take more than a couple hundred agents to fix the problem.

As many have said it will take making politicians responsible for their actions.
Allow people to violate federal laws YOU go to jail,
Make laws that violate the the Constitution (AKA 2A) YOU go to jail.
Lie to us and YOU go to jail.
That means most the democrats belong in jail.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a start but it will take more than a couple hundred agents to fix the problem.

As many have said it will take making politicians responsible for their actions.
Allow people to violate federal laws YOU go to jail,
Make laws that violate the the Constitution (AKA 2A) YOU go to jail.
Lie to us and YOU go to jail.
That means most the democrats belong in jail.
Jail would be a charitable description of where they really belong....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Bottom