• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Elite belly band

50wt

NES Member
Bought this elite belly band a while back for bike riding and finally got around to using it. Ladt time i carried while riding, it was a 19 loaded up with some 115fmj, at the 3oclock. This time was a 365 loaded up with some liberty weighing in at less than 22oz. Inside the elite belly band at the 3oclock. Within the first few feet, i could feel the pistol moving up and down with each pedal stroke. However , it never came out of the holster and was only moving because my tree trunk legs were hitting it. The grip on the 365 is pretty aggressive and as you can see , my skin suffered a bit as the pistol moved up and down. Throughout the ride, i kept checking the pistol , but it never moved within the holster. The velcro never came undone despite my gut pushing it to the limits .

Im happy to report that after 33 miles of road riding, other than a small patch of red skin, this holster worked pretty darn good.

Attachments

• 20190905_195122.jpg
    20190905_195122.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 20190904_080123.jpg
    20190904_080123.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 62
I ripped the stitch out of the middle there, sewed in some loop tape, slapped some hook tape on a kydex holster and popped it in there. Secure hold, easy to reholster. I'm happy with it and the band has held up well over the past year of use and abuse.

I'd stitch or glue on a piece of calf skin to the inside of that holster to cover the butt and cushion against your skin. On my custom made inside the belt holsters for my 1911's, I have the top inside of the holster long enough to be between me and the hammer/grip safety so it does not dig in.

Sorry to hijack this thread but I am really interested in these types of CC holsters. I stumbled upon CrossBreed and it looks similar to the above but may be improved. Anybody use this system? Looks like it is totally configurable. Where it high and low, appendix, in front or behind back, around the waist or belly. Anybody have experience with this? Looks very interesting.

Modular Belly Band Package

Back
Top Bottom