• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Electronic FA-10 Generate Firearms License Validation PDF Password?

I will be meeting for a FTF transaction today, and we will be using the Electronic FA-10 Form. I was reading the FAQ, and you can generate a Firearms License Validation Certificate from the website, that shows that as of the last 24 hours, your LTC was valid and hasn't been pulled, etc. ... Basically further validation that your LTC is legit.

I filled out my LTC License Number, and PIN. Clicked to download, and it was a PDF, titled license_validation. I go to open it up, and it requests a password. For the life of me, I can't figure out the password and I can't find any documentation anywhere? Tried license number, pin, name, etc.

Not a big deal, but I really want to find the answer! Probably realllllly simple too.

Thanks

I know this is an old thread, but it just happened to me, exact problem on my MAC. I do have Adobe on my MAC.

Transfered file link to my sons PC and he was able to open and print out the competed form.

Definite bug in the state's system when a MAC OS requests the file.

I've done several on a MAC. I usually just print the page that says successful transaction (or whatever it says) with the transaction number. I called the record bureau once to make sure it was acceptable. The guy told me "Don't worry about it, we got it" so..........

good idea too Canndo, thanks. luckily I have a computer savvy son who works for APPLE as a "genius", so the guy can figure out anything on a computer! [smile]

I've printed them on my mac - here is what I do:

1. When the page opens up that says "password", go to the menu, and select "save as...", and save it off as a .pdf.
2. Navigate in the finder to where the file was saved, and Ctrl-click on the file, and select "Open with -> Adobe Reader"

It will open up in Adobe Reader without a password, and you can print and view as often (or not) as you want.

Back
Top Bottom