Electronic Ear Pro

Hmmm. Might try the Peltor 300's (I don't need BlueToof.). $100 but the HL's just stink in terms of fit.

Looking to up my ear pro, and most likely for the wife too. I did a search and this seems to be the most recent thread on muff style ear pro I could find. Are Sordin's still the tops? Looking at the 3M Comtac III which has higher NRR and seem to be easier to change the battery. Other good options? My requirements are really just electronic so I don't have to go on and off to hear people and want gel cups. Don't need a mic or anything like that. Price point is $350 or less I figure. Looking for updated opinions

My MSA Sordins are still going strong.
I have sweated through them in the heat, frozen them in the cold and soaked them in the rain and they are good as new.
They shut off automaticly after several hours, which is sometimes my reminder I have them on.
I cant say enough good things about them.

I have the howard leights and they work fine. I have some walkers that work fine. But...

For any serious amount of shooting I still use ear plugs. The electronic muffs are great but in terms of actually saving your ears the cheap foam plugs reduce noise more than any electronic muffs when used properly.

My MSA Sordins are still going strong.
I have sweated through them in the heat, frozen them in the cold and soaked them in the rain and they are good as new.
They shut off automaticly after several hours, which is sometimes my reminder I have them on.
I cant say enough good things about them.
Which Sordins do you have? I was shooting with someone last night who swears by them but they have several models. Supreme Basic, Supreme Pro Supreme Pro-X. Not sure of the differences.

If I'm outdoor, SureFire Ear Pro. No batteries to change, no volumes to adjust, nothing to get in the way of shooting, and very cheap as far as reliable protection goes. If I'm indoor or need a bit more attenuation, 3M Peltor are IMO the best you can buy. They're pricey, but your ears are worth it.

After years of training and shooting I’m looking to pick up some electronic ear pro, spent brass casings aren’t cutting it anymore...Any thoughts on the best????
Howard Leight Impact Pro

I'm an instructor and had the same pair for about ten years, still working fine after many countless hours of range time

I have the 3M Peltor TacticalPro I think it's called. 26dB - I still double up with ear plugs unless just shooting handguns. They only downside is they interfere a bit with the cheek weld cause they're fat. I got the higher dB rating thinking I could skip earplugs but not so. So the lower profile ones are probably better, like the Sordins.

Which Sordins do you have? I was shooting with someone last night who swears by them but they have several models. Supreme Basic, Supreme Pro Supreme Pro-X. Not sure of the differences.
There website is a bit of a pain to figure out but the info is there.
Basic is 300 hour battery life
Pro is 600 hours
Pro X is waterproof.
I have the Pro X
I think mine came with the gel earcups also, which were probablymore $$$
Amazon product ASIN B00QV33ZRKView: https://www.amazon.com/MSA-Sordin-Supreme-Pro-Electronic/dp/B00QV33ZRK

if you spend long hours in earpro, they are worth it.

I have the HL Impact Sports that I recently upgraded with these gel cups. The new cups are definitely more comfortable, but I never found them bad to begin with. So far as fit/seal, they're definitely made for people with larger heads (mine is "very medium") and if I twist enough or move my jaw just right I can barely break the seal. This lets in a little sound, but it's not awful. I do like the glasses ridge, it feels like it improves the seal at the temples of the glasses.

I recently also bought myself the Peltor Sport RangeGuard. These are slightly smaller than the HLs - which is to say they feel like they fit about right. The seal is good. So is the fine. I find them a little less comfortable than the HLs before the gel cups, so I'll probably upgrade these cups as well.

Back
Top Bottom