Electrified Trump sign in yard

For sure I would use the sharpest little nails that are about an inch too long to affix the sign to the frame. Might have some fishing line lying tangled around the yard, a board with nails sticking up left after a project.. dog must've dug a few holes, fly paper hanging from trees. Lots of fun that can be had.

Is smearing the sign edges with feces considered 'Bad Form'...?

Putting something like a tile tracker in the sign isn't a booby trap and wouldn't be illegal. What you do from there is anybody's guess.

I see a lot of youtube videos and facebook videos of people who have electrified their Trump signs so that people get a shock when they try to steal them.

My feeling is that in Mass you would get arrested for that if someone got shocked, does anyone know the law on something like this?
No need to do that. Bear trap.

Not that I agree with it one bit, but in MA they’d more than likely hang you out to dry for any type of boobytrapped device.

Responding cops most likely won’t care, and probably get a good laugh out of it at the thief’s expense. But going up the ladder the supervisor will smell lawsuit all day long and force the issue to some kind of charge against the home owner just to cover their (supervisor) ass.

Higher up the chain when it gets into the local news and then onto a new ADA’s desk trying to make a name, then into the court system with highly biased liberal judges, they’d for sure try to make an example out of you for purposely intending to cause harm to protect a 5.00 paper sign. I just can’t see this going well for anybody in this state.
3f2.jpeg

I put a net over our blueberries this year to deter the birds. It is nearly impossible to see in full sunlight and aggravatingly easy to get tangled up in. Just stepping on it in the grass it sticks to the treads of your shoes. I imagine accidentally running through one in the dark would be entertaining. Even more so if you can rig a large realistic spider that drops out of the tree when someone pulls on the net.

I put a net over our blueberries this year to deter the birds. It is nearly impossible to see in full sunlight and aggravatingly easy to get tangled up in. ... I imagine accidentally running through one in the dark would be entertaining. Even more so if you can rig a large realistic spider that drops out of the tree when someone pulls on the net.

I wouldn't want to deal with the legal fallout from a booby-trap. Your best bet is to invest in some decent 1080p+ cameras to catch them in the act. It is a crime to steal the yard signs, and in this economy, an arrest record for anything isn't too good for the job hunt. Most of these idiots wont be able to score decent employment anyways, but getting them arrested will make it that much harder. Plus the google machine has your name forever even if you aren't convicted. Trust me, even the "liberal" employers are searching your name on Google during the interview process and will tell you to pound sand. If you are a public figure or high profile, its even worse. Take a look at the city councilor in Waltham that stole the sign. Nothing good happening to her right now.

I have a neighbor who had a problem with his mailbox getting ran over a few summers ago. Was happening to some other people a couple of blocks away too. This kept happening, I fixed it at least 3 times and his son a couple. It didn't really bother him all that much. I thought it was kinda funny because hitting a 2x4 mailbox post can't leave your car undamaged unless it was actually metal. Anyways, a friend of his dropped off an LS1 block in his yard for us to clean up, build, and drop into his truck. Left it right on the corner of his property. I think we also didn't mow the lawn for a month or so. Anyways, one day at 1AM we hear a crash, a real nasty one. Someone had hopped the curb in an old pontiac and landed their car on the engine block, got it caught on their front suspension, ripped the whole wheel assembly off including half of the strut tower. The cops thought it was pretty funny, I'm pretty sure they knew.

I have a neighbor who had a problem with his mailbox getting ran over a few summers ago. ... a friend of his dropped off an LS1 block in his yard for us to clean up, build, and drop into his truck. ... one day at 1AM we hear a crash, a real nasty one. Someone had hopped the curb in an old pontiac and landed their car on the engine block, got it caught on their front suspension, ripped the whole wheel assembly off including half of the strut tower.
A guy from Shrewsbury told me of someone who lived on the outside of a 90° bend
at the end of a long straightaway. People kept plowing up his lawn and hitting the house.
Homeowner pleads with the town fathers to put in a guard rail.
No dice.

<Bleep> this <bleep> - he has a quarry deposit a humongous boulder on his lawn.
Soon after, BANGO! - a car is totally wrecked on the boulder; house unscathed.
Not long after, it happens again.

Shrewsbury decided to put in the guard rail after all...

at the end of a long straightaway. People kept plowing up his lawn and hitting the house.
No dice.

understeer.

No dice.

Have a friend who did the same thing as they lived on a curve. Highly effective and free. We both worked for the same excavating company.

Well, there's always razor wire....
In the early 80's, some clown objected to a (police?) radio repeater hut
atop (Fairmont Hill?) being surrounded by a barbed wire-topped chain link fence,
because there was a city bylaw that no property could be protected by
a security system more inherantly dangerous than the property itself.

The city should have just attached an extension cord to the doorknob,
told the electricians to wear Playtex kitchen gloves opening the door,
and let evolution proceed...

Not that I agree with it one bit, but in MA they’d more than likely hang you out to dry for any type of boobytrapped device.

Responding cops most likely won’t care, and probably get a good laugh out of it at the thief’s expense. But going up the ladder the supervisor will smell lawsuit all day long and force the issue to some kind of charge against the home owner just to cover their (supervisor) ass.

Higher up the chain when it gets into the local news and then onto a new ADA’s desk trying to make a name, then into the court system with highly biased liberal judges, they’d for sure try to make an example out of you for purposely intending to cause harm to protect a 5.00 paper sign. I just can’t see this going well for anybody in this state.

I don't know criminal trespass and theft would surely TRUMP all that!

No dice.

There was a house on Forest St in Wakefield that got hit by cars multiple times, so the guy put largeish boulders at the edge of the road. One night at about 2am I got a call for an accident tow. Someone had managed to come down the road at a high speed and somehow missed the rocks and still hit his house. The guy was PISSED! I had to try hard to stifle my laughter at the humor of the situation.

Back
Top Bottom