Elaborate unconventional warfare exercise set for undisclosed sites in North Carolina

Would love to hear the locals came to the rescue...

We played those kind of war games in upstate Vt and NH back in the early 80's. The participating A Teams would traverse the countryside, placing simulated explosives on radio towers and other infastructure targets while "aggressor forces" would hunt for them. We got local civilians to participate in the exercise too, both to shelter the teams in their "safe houses" and inform on their movements. Great fun was had by all and I am proud to say that my efforts on the aggressor forces caused an SF Captain to be medically evacuated for exhaustion. We kept discovering their hiding spots and forcing to keep moving without rest. Weeding out the weak as it were!

There was a poem going around Group at the time. All I can remember is a little fragment of it:

"Here I sit in my hootch,
Trying to dry, my Chippewa boots.
A thousand choppers circling overhead,
if this was real we'd all be dead!"

Happens annually.

If I don’t have more than 3 Ospreys or other choppers fly over my house each day, I wonder why they’re slacking.

I get to see F-35s every once in awhile and a super cobra occasionally.

Guys running around the fields all the time.

once, while fishing in the intercoastal last year, 3 marine boats came up the inter coastal going 70. Must be fun to be allowed to do that.

Back
Top Bottom