• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ejection/ Feeding issues AR Pistol

Ares BCG I have is staked well enough those gas key bolts aren't budging without the whole damned thing getting blown apart. ****er still doesn't run for damn, though.

Put a heavier buffer like an ST T2 in it and try the first bcg again, I bet it will cure your problem.

Last edited:
Put a heavier buffer like an ST T2 in it and try the first bcg again, I bet it will cure your problem.

One is on order, but this system is built to run on standard carbine buffer/springs according to MAS, which showed yesterday that it works with the right bcg. Going to contact Ares this morning.

I said all the above [rofl]

you are the man![horse]

One is on order, but this system is built to run on standard carbine buffer/springs according to MAS, which showed yesterday that it works with the right bcg. Going to contact Ares this morning.

you are the man![horse]

Right, so is my Daniel Defense, but some people still have issues. I think I read somewhere that the most common sign of a buffer problem is the bolt actually going to fast and missing the next round in the magazine causing a ftf.

Take the upper off stock one finger in the chamber .
Put muzzle in mouth .......

Warn people in your house your not trying to kill your self .

Blow real hard . That's how I check if my gas blocks are lined up right when I'm not in my shop with a air line .

I think I've made a few people laugh there ass off when I did that .

That is kind of like when I taste the barrel of my EDC to see if it's time to clean her. [wink] lol

Just make sure u remove the upper...

Nahhh, just throw a round in to block the chamber then blow in to the barrel to see if you can cycle the action. [rofl2] don't do this

Right, so is my Daniel Defense, but some people still have issues. I think I read somewhere that the most common sign of a buffer problem is the bolt actually going to fast and missing the next round in the magazine causing a ftf.

IMHO that isn't a buffer problem that is a gas problem. Usually in 16in or longer rifles due to the dwell being too long. The "correct" way to fix it would be an adjustable gas block. But in MA it's "buffer problem" because the pinned and welded MDs make changing the gas block a real PITA.

OP, did you try putting the extractor and spring from the working BCG in to the Ares BCG?

Nahhh, just throw a round in to block the chamber then blow in to the barrel to see if you can cycle the action. [rofl2] don't do this

IMHO that isn't a buffer problem that is a gas problem. Usually in 16in or longer rifles due to the dwell being too long. The "correct" way to fix it would be an adjustable gas block. But in MA it's "buffer problem" because the pinned and welded MDs make changing the gas block a real PITA.

OP, did you try putting the extractor and spring from the working BCG in to the Ares BCG?

Nope, sounds like a good idea to try though. No email from Ares yet, 72 hours for a rep to get back to you and I sent it Friday I think. Won't get to test it out until this weekend most likely, there's almost no time after work with the time change.

Thanks for the thread. I am having a similar issue with my ar pistol. Planning on trying a heavier buffer and now a different bcg.

Nope, sounds like a good idea to try though. No email from Ares yet, 72 hours for a rep to get back to you and I sent it Friday I think. Won't get to test it out until this weekend most likely, there's almost no time after work with the time change.

Just read elsewhere, I think on their site, that their CEO's best friend/roommate, who he also served with, just committed suicide - so they probably aren't focusing on e-mails right now.

Ben, blow is just a figure of speech... Do you have a smoke after? [rofl]

It is likely a gas system problem or a buffer spring problem, or the BCG is binding. It looks like the BCG isn't cycling completely.

I have had this happen with a rifle buffer build (300BLK) and a light buffer spring fixed it.

I have had this happen with a regular build for 223 and I found that the BCG was riding the bolt catch as it was out of spec. I replaced the bolt catch and that fixed the problem.

A misaligned gas block or an out of spec gas hole would also cause this.

I'd inspect the extractor to see if it looks messed up as well.

Take the upper off stock one finger in the chamber .
Put muzzle in mouth .......

Warn people in your house your not trying to kill your self .

Blow real hard . That's how I check if my gas blocks are lined up right when I'm not in my shop with a air line .

I think I've made a few people laugh there ass off when I did that .

Last edited:
No worky
IMAG1639_zps88b50736.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Worky
IMAG1640_zps1493fcb6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks like they didn't include the 'crane o-ring' for 'superior extraction'.

I'll call when I get a free minute.

Ares sent me 3 o-rings, so now this should be good! I wont have time to test it out for a few weeks. I'll be moving (more north ) in a few weeks so I'll eventually get to the range some weekend in December. I would do it during the week, but it gets too dark by the time I would get to the range. Maybe I can duck out early one day next week??

I decided to go down to MFL to test it out with the new O-ring. It ran perfectly. Pretty crazy a little tiny rubber ring makes all the difference. I can't wait to put on the Bushnell trs 25 and see how this thing does. I got some nice compliments on it, so that's nice! It was nice and loud in there, with some fireballs.

Back
Top Bottom